• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Shots from yesterday's Don Quixote run. Mostly pavement as everything is still saturated from this week's monsoons. Water was all over FM-4 north of Santo. Palo Pinto Lake spillway was overflowing and had Lakeview Rd white capping. North of Graford, we took Barton Chapel to Kinder Mountain Rd for a flyby of the wind farm. That spit us out somewhere on 380 around Bryson. Headed west to Jacksboro and then turned back south to Fort Worth...

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Gymply Tracks 04MAY2019.gpx
    407.7 KB · Views: 299
Pic taken in hand. Read that it's the servo motor that control s the focus. Gives a constant vibration . 1.5 year old moto g4 plus. Too new to pitch yet. Just an idea of the roads on this part of the loop. It's the Salavador Dali filter. Ha
Tourmeister, you will be happy to know I pulled that "rotten tooth" camera module out of my Moto g4 smart phone and replaced it. Pics are back to normal without the"wiggles" as you put it😁. 🤞It holds up but I think the main problem was the shocker and vibration being attached to the handle bars which I will avoid doing from now on. Just putting this out there in case anyone has a similar issue with their smart phone camera

Seems like it used to focus on closer distances too. This is closest it seems to focus. I know, pretty poor pic but I'm happy I got what I did and didn't destroy my phone during the replacement surgery.

Gravel Guy and I rode the Alcoa loop from Thorndale to Lexington and back. Lot of tore up gravel roads by recent heavy rains. Saw some huge hogs and Mark found a rusty crescent wrench in the road. Made in the USA.. I need a new back tire it was a squirrely ride for me and there ain't no body gonna catch Gravel Guy on his home roads. Sand mud and gravel, oh my! I need a new camera phone233618

Gravel Guy and I rode the Alcoa loop from Thorndale to Lexington and back. Lot of tore up gravel roads by recent heavy rains. Saw some huge hogs and Mark found a rusty crescent wrench in the road. Made in the USA.. I need a new back tire it was a squirrely ride for me and there ain't no body gonna catch Gravel Guy on his home roads. Sand mud and gravel, oh my! I need a new camera phoneView attachment 233618

View attachment 233619
That tire looks alittle slick.

I like my shinko 244s on the xr, nice and cheap. I've got atleast 3k on the rear with alot of life left

Enjoyed my ride this weekend, but got to take time to plan better routes. I don't mind short highway stints, but high speed roads are no fun to me. Can't take in scenery because you MUST stay on highest alert. 65 -70 mph quickly turns into 80+ for the car traffic. Booooooo!

Just made it back home...too much...about 9.5 hrs in the saddle. Not doing that again!😭😭🤪

The more you do it, the easier it gets ;-) Of course, a good seat can make a BIG difference! Also, how comfy is your Strom when you stand? I can go for many miles while standing on my GS and it is quite comfy. That helps a lot with the tender tush and sore legs.

Bars are a little low when I'm standing. I'm 6'2...simd risers could help that I guess, assuming cables are long enough. Will look at seats after comm system, windshield upgrade, gps and tires.

Bars are a little low when I'm standing. I'm 6'2...simd risers could help that I guess, assuming cables are long enough. Will look at seats after comm system, windshield upgrade, gps and tires.
Peg lowers too, only 1 inch however.

That might be a better option. Won't have to worry bout cables....also I think my knees will feel better after a long ride.
I bet you can manage with the cables too. Am at 5.11 and I fit ok, but would be nice to have wide pegs and risers. I just Just make do

Many bikes can handle risers of about 1-2" before cable really get to be a problem. You might have to reroute the cables near the triple clamps, but usually you don't have to get longer cables. I put 2" risers on both of my R1200 GSs and they still have the stock cables. The risers make a big difference. I've never tried lower pegs. But, I can see that helping as well, especially with the knees. I just wonder about how it makes operating the gear shift and rear brake levers?

2" Rox risers on my 12 DL650 & no longer cables or hoses needed. Id bet yours is the same. Dont think Susy spent any money on different bars...upper clamp..or cables n hoses for the newest 650....same ol stuff. Pegs too. Only the seat/luggage rack changed to more closely match the DL1000 seat/rack

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Many bikes can handle risers of about 1-2" before cable really get to be a problem. You might have to reroute the cables near the triple clamps, but usually you don't have to get longer cables. I put 2" risers on both of my R1200 GSs and they still have the stock cables. The risers make a big difference. I've never tried lower pegs. But, I can see that helping as well, especially with the knees. I just wonder about how it makes operating the gear shift and rear brake levers?
Lowers come in kit with extending and adjustment stuff for the controls. Was no big deal and made a little nicer on the strom

Hmmm.....think I will do both and upgrade windshield. This one that's on there is doing absolutely nothing!

Mine currently has a Metz Karoo 3 on the front...& a Conti TKC70 rear....
I really like the front...even on the pavement....rear is ok...but not long lasting

In retrospect...I prob shouldve put the set of E 07 Dakars (old style) I had on the Strom...& kept with the Mich Anakee 3s on the Tenere for long mileage on both bikes

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Back