• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Kinda. Aspr and I are always looking for good dirt road routes in the area. This ride I just picked an area I hadn’t ridden and got lucky. There were some side roads I didn’t check out so I’ll be going back soon.
That old cabin is awesome. The kinda stuff I'm always hoping to come upon...gonna get down there and ride with you guys one day.

V-Strom & Versys X Mud and Dirt O Rama! @stephensatt and I decided to head towards Montgomery and do the Cheeseburger Loop, which is a gpx file someone did a few years ago, that encompasses portions of Sam Houston Forest and dirt roads all the way out to Navasota/Bryan area and finally back to Montgomery. We had a blast! It was my first time meeting/riding with Stephen....

Definitely a good time! The multi-purpose trails in Sam Houston are pretty neat. Someone ,(including myself) needs to map them all into a gpx and share as a loop/ride. We even got off on to a dirt bike loop for a little bit. It was tight, but actually quite fun! I got the Strom to kick out the rear a few times before deciding I needed to calm down! 😂 The Strom is big, but very manageable and capable and im a newbie! Can't wait to get something a bit more dirt oriented. Tenere 700, KTM 790 Adventure or possibly an Africa Twin...gonna hold onto this Strom though. It's a Swiss Army knife bike! Oh yeah, tires...hit some muddy areas. Got through them just fine on my Trailwings. Wouldn't wanna do it all day, but didn't slip slide and away as I expected to. Go figure.

Keep in mind that if you are on the trails, you need an OHV sticker to be legit. If a ranger stops you and you don’t have one, you get a ticket.

Took a ride to find some dirt between Nixon and Gonzales today. Got a new Seat Concepts fluffy seat for the 701 that needed a test run also. Clouds kept the heat down and there were a few spotty showers to rinse off the dust. Most of the area is farm land and the corn crops are really coming along.

Found an old concrete bridge that seems to be a replacement for an older metal bridge. Looks like it had guard rails at one point.

Here’s a shot of the new seat and a cool old windmill.

Sun finally broke through and started getting warm so I headed home via the scenic route. Found a nice oak tree to stop and take a quick break.

Before I got home, a doe jumped across the road right in front of me. I did a nice slide to avoid the collision and her fawn crossed behind me as I slid along. No harm no foul to any of us so another good days ride. Thumbs up to the Seat Concepts. :thumb:

Yessssss! Nice ride...this is exactly what I love about country roads. Just meandering around and ya nvr quite know what you'll see....How fast were you going when you decided to try out the road texture up close?😂😂 Hope all is ok doe...I meant though

Yessssss! Nice ride...this is exactly what I love about country roads. Just meandering around and ya nvr quite know what you'll see....How fast were you going when you decided to try out the road texture up close?😂😂 Hope all is ok doe...I meant though

Somewhere under 60. That’s my usual top speed on dirt roads. Those corn rows are just so close that there’s just no time to see what’s coming out. Didn’t go down, just did a really awesome drift slide that I couldn’t repeat if I tried.:eek2:

Keep in mind that if you are on the trails, you need an OHV sticker to be legit. If a ranger stops you and you don’t have one, you get a ticket.
Just letting ya'll know, I did call Sam Houston National Forest about those OHV stickers and they told me those stickers were only needed for non-street legal vehicles. Thats exactly what the woman who answered the phone said. Now I don't know 100% if thats true, but thats what she said. I have had other people tell me otherwise, but I do know, I had a friends with a Yamaha 450 off road only dirt bike and he had one, and I was under the impression that anything using those trails needed it, but she said that was only for 4 wheelers and dirt bikes, and side by sides.

Took a ride to find some dirt between Nixon and Gonzales today. Got a new Seat Concepts fluffy seat for the 701 that needed a test run also. Clouds kept the heat down and there were a few spotty showers to rinse off the dust. Most of the area is farm land and the corn crops are really coming along.

View attachment 235487

Found an old concrete bridge that seems to be a replacement for an older metal bridge. Looks like it had guard rails at one point.

View attachment 235488

Here’s a shot of the new seat and a cool old windmill.

View attachment 235491

Sun finally broke through and started getting warm so I headed home via the scenic route. Found a nice oak tree to stop and take a quick break.

View attachment 235492

Before I got home, a doe jumped across the road right in front of me. I did a nice slide to avoid the collision and her fawn crossed behind me as I slid along. No harm no foul to any of us so another good days ride. Thumbs up to the Seat Concepts. :thumb:

Thanks for the invite

Yessssss! Nice ride...this is exactly what I love about country roads. Just meandering around and ya nvr quite know what you'll see....How fast were you going when you decided to try out the road texture up close?[emoji23][emoji23] Hope all is ok doe...I meant though

He sends me pictures of stuff along roads I ride that I've never seen..... he smells the flowers, I just open the throttle and let it eat.

Somewhere under 60. That’s my usual top speed on dirt roads. Those corn rows are just so close that there’s just no time to see what’s coming out. Didn’t go down, just did a really awesome drift slide that I couldn’t repeat if I tried.:eek2:

You can repeat it, just need more dirt practice out here.

Colorado was still a little cold over the passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have been wondering about that with the late snow they have had. I'm planning on being there in a couple weeks.

That looks like a fine specimen of a classic GS. Are you trying to have one for each day of the week?

I have been wondering about that with the late snow they have had. I'm planning on being there in a couple weeks.

That looks like a fine specimen of a classic GS. Are you trying to have one for each day of the week?
Yes

Back