• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Devil’s Tower, Wyoming with a late lunch in Spearfish Canyon, South Dakota. 68 degrees at 4 pm...

1566684450570.jpeg

1566684503904.jpeg

1566684544704.jpeg

You will be back in the saddle, too hot to ride anyway. You shocks aren't compressed, doesn't look like it. :)

Rode out at * this morning home by 10:30. Not so hot. Stopped at this Taco Stand on east side of Thorndale. Not bad. Migas Taco. Maybe 40-50 miles. I don't do Taco Stands without a first hand recommendation. I will go back. It is right on Hwy. 79

Attachments

• 8-29-19 brekfast.jpg
    8-29-19 brekfast.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 199
  • 5-29-19.jpg
    5-29-19.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 189
Got out early and did a 30 minute Moto +2 laps on my dirt/grass track. Grass was still slick from the dew, dirt/sand was pretty dry and loose, cow patty’s were quite juicy.

Got a 13t sprocket in the mail today. I’ll see if that helps the low speed 2nd gear turns.

Got out early and did a 30 minute Moto +2 laps on my dirt/grass track. Grass was still slick from the dew, dirt/sand was pretty dry and loose, cow patty’s were quite juicy.

View attachment 242315

Got a 13t sprocket in the mail today. I’ll see if that helps the low speed 2nd gear turns.
My ride for the day
bee5dc0a298d30d0e548feb62d42cb27.jpg

View attachment 242315

Looks like downshifting to first would be easier in a "slow" speed 2nd gear turn. LMAO
P.S. did that bike come with a clutch ???? [emoji16][emoji1][emoji23]

Last edited:
Looks like downshifting to first would be easier in a "slow" speed 2nd gear turn. LMAO
P.S. did that bike come with a clutch ???? [emoji16][emoji1][emoji23]

Haha! That thingy on the left side? :roll:
For $10 on eBay it didn’t require a home mortgage to try the 13t. My opinion (which is noob at best) is the bike is geared more for higher speed open track riding. Even showboat Sam stalled it twice coming outa tight 180 degree corners.

Actually with more seat time I have gotten better and haven’t stalled it since the first two rides. Plus, I didn’t throw away the 14t so 10 minutes and a few tools can put it right back on.

Yeah. I'm thinking 500. 14 is probably high for that little 350. LOL

Not really. Your just riding too slow. Hahaha

I had 13/52 on my KTM 530 EXC for a trip out to Big Bend Ranch & SP. Wow!! :shock: That thing was a mountain goat on steroids! 1st gear was basically optional, which made starting and stopping in deep river bed gravel and sand/silt really easy! It made me top out around 55mph though! Still, it was fun, and if I was going to ride it often in the SHNF on the single track trails, I might go back to that gearing. I normally run 14/48 or so for general dual sport adventure riding and that works well, allowing me to run 70-75mph on highways and still do pretty well on hill climbs, but is definitely tall whenever we happen to get in anything real technical. That is what I had for the Colorado trip to do the passes around Ouray last summer and I think lower gearing would have been better, maybe 13/48-50 or 14/50.

Back