• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Twilight ride to the square in Decatur for a late dinner. The a night crawl around the country.

Attachments

• D6ED34C6-FC25-4D86-9EF0-D20BE6E66849.jpeg
    D6ED34C6-FC25-4D86-9EF0-D20BE6E66849.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 5C96A6B9-F5B6-4F38-87C1-0E06BD6FEA12.jpeg
    5C96A6B9-F5B6-4F38-87C1-0E06BD6FEA12.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 190
  • A03281CE-7E9F-4045-B35E-927C20DDFFD7.jpeg
    A03281CE-7E9F-4045-B35E-927C20DDFFD7.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 193
  • DF42F259-ECC0-4391-857C-C1C543D686B7.jpeg
    DF42F259-ECC0-4391-857C-C1C543D686B7.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 184
Yeah. I'm thinking 500. 14 is probably high for that little 350. LOL

Not really. Your just riding too slow. Hahaha
You dont know what you're talking about dummy

I would say if y'all are trying to ride the 350 in a way it was not designed to be ridden, ( too slow) , maybe just park it and ride XR250.

I would say if y'all are trying to ride the 350 in a way it was not designed to be ridden, ( too slow) , maybe just park it and ride XR250.
You would know what we are riding if you would ever come out.

It's an offroad bike, that is being ridden offroad. Tight 180 turns the bike wants to stall.
7a0ffd1b4daf411298ff60a973c5ae9e.gif

Met up with @aspr, @Mudslick and his boys for a few hours of dirt and trails. I guess we were having a lot of fun because the heat never really got me today. They did some pretty good hill climbs and descents. Here’s David showing off some good body positioning and bike skills.

I had been really interested to see if my new huskys radiator guards would hold up so I did a controlled simulated crash and they did just fine. I forgot to tell them what I was doing so they might think I wiped out and rolled off the cliff do to lack of skill :help:

Here’s a few more pics

Another good day of riding. Thanks for the invite Sam.

Quick preheat Scramble to do some scientific analysis! 🤣🤣

1. Ear Plugs are indeed awesome! Especially now that I'm naked!

2. Adventure helmets look cool, but **** they are indeed noisy! I wore my street helmet today and it felt like I was in a cocoon! No sail effect without the visor. Turning my head to gawk didn't give me a neck whip either! Couple that with the earplugs and I was riding along at 70 before I realized it! Sooooooo...adv gets the boot. I will miss the large viewing perspective. Maybe I can find a quiet helmet will large viewing port.

Quick preheat Scramble to do some scientific analysis! 🤣🤣

1. Ear Plugs are indeed awesome! Especially now that I'm naked!

2. Adventure helmets look cool, but **** they are indeed noisy! I wore my street helmet today and it felt like I was in a cocoon! No sail effect without the visor. Turning my head to gawk didn't give me a neck whip either! Couple that with the earplugs and I was riding along at 70 before I realized it! Sooooooo...adv gets the boot. I will miss the large viewing perspective. Maybe I can find a quiet helmet will large viewing port.View attachment 242466
I have an adv helmet but almost always wear my street helmet for your stated reasons! Love your bike, good job.

I must be weird... I don't have any issues with my Arai XD4 other than the whistling. I don't have any problem with the visor catching wind or straining my neck unless I look straight up :shrug:

I don't really have any complaints about my XD4 either. I do get the whistle when i turn my head. I also can't hear my Sena speakers very good so I use plug-phones with the XD4 if i'm running my Sena.

Yes, but you stated you get a whistle when turning head and can't hear speakers very well. That's some of the reason I don't like my adv helmet. I have no whistle and it's very quiet inside my street helmet.

Yes it is definitely quieter inside my street helmet, but the visor is also useful on the adventure helmet. I go back and fourth depending on my route and intended ride, but if i could only have one I would keep my XD4.

I like the adv when I get to dirt/gravel location. My problem is I always have 1.5 to 2 hrs of high speed pavement to do before I get to any good riding.☹️

I feel your pain. Hoping one day to get you to head south and meet up in Lavaca/Jackson county for some back road riding. Time is always short right now.

I like the adv when I get to dirt/gravel location. My problem is I always have 1.5 to 2 hrs of high speed pavement to do before I get to any good riding.☹
You right. Above 55 60 they start making themselves known. Awesome below that speed. Just like tires it's a trade off

I feel your pain. Hoping one day to get you to head south and meet up in Lavaca/Jackson county for some back road riding. Time is always short right now.
Definitely, rode down/thru Port Lavaca(a couple of months ago).I'm assuming that's the same area? Went to check out Indianola after some posts about it. Would love to go back down. Will get a hotel next though. My butt was killing me when I made it back home that night.

Just a quick morning ride to Floresville for lunch today. It’s about 15 miles but I managed to add about 85 each way with more scenic routes. Found a nice spot on the Cibilo that may need a return visit with a pole.

Then some more good country dirt roads that don’t see much traffic.

One interesting thing that I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen in person. I’m zipping along and see what looks like a bag hung in the brush. Closer inspection as I go by reveals a huge hornets nest. Since I didn’t learn my lesson with the previous badger encounter I stopped to get a better look. (Look just to the right of the handlebar)

I wasn’t sure if I could outrun them so I didn’t poke it with a stick but thought it was kinda neat to see. It’s probably the size of my helmet.

Last edited:
Another excellent find. I think those are called paper wasp. Please Google everyone to prove me wrong, there's usually plenty of fact-checkers around here. Please don't confuse me with the facts I've already made up my mind.

Also, looks like that coyote had a serious case of the💩💩...💩

Back