• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

8th Annual NMOHVA Rubber Chicken Ride - Truth or Consequences, New Mexico - October 25-27, 2019, now 2020?

DSC09412.JPG

DSC09414.JPG

DSC09418.JPG

DSC09419.JPG

Dang it sander hahaha
Presumably those trails are wide enough for a Jeep? Some of those Ledges look pretty narrow. Did you get a new helmet cam I know you were having some problems with your battery.

Those videos make me nervous but y'all seem to take it in stride.
I like it when you keep the camera rolling for those impromptu gatherings.

🏜 Still haven't checked them all out but I intend to. 👍👍👍

Dayum Sander. That stair step ledge coming out of that wash doesn’t look nearly as radical in the video as it is in person. N exit was my favorite. Appreciate you leading us on that one!

Dang it sander hahaha
Presumably those trails are wide enough for a Jeep? Some of those Ledges look pretty narrow. Did you get a new helmet cam I know you were having some problems with your battery.

Those videos make me nervous but y'all seem to take it in stride.
I like it when you keep the camera rolling for those impromptu gatherings.

🏜 Still haven't checked them all out but I intend to. 👍👍👍

As you know fortunately you are so focused of the ground ahead you don't notice the drops. There was a "Bryan" there doing some tough stuff on a big bike. I was more worried about crashing in the sand. Send is softer though...

On my GoPro the wifi may be draining my battery, that's why I got only 2x videos the first day. However, one overnight charge held for 2 days.

Another example of thinking I turned the camera off, I had to check the video for anything inappropriate, we did talk about hugging...

Dayum Sander. That stair step ledge coming out of that wash doesn’t look nearly as radical in the video as it is in person. N exit was my favorite. Appreciate you leading us on that one!

Yes, it looks much tougher holding on to the handlebars trying not to fall, this time I knew the line from riding it two days before. Not stopping helped as well. Although the jagged rocks don't help.

I love that route, the original I think was a little better but still awesome. Funny about that short term memory, the first climbs up Palomas seemed tougher than I remembered from just two days before, especially one slow, steppy section after the first stop. For some reason this bothered me more than the steps near the start of the video.

A good comparison of the difficulty, still nothing like being on the bike...

Last edited:
Yes, it looks much tougher holding on to the handlebars trying not to fall, this time I knew the line from riding it two days before. Not stopping helped as well. Although the jagged rocks don't help.

I love that route, the original I think was a little better but still awesome. Funny about that short term memory, the first climbs up Palomas seemed tougher than I remembered from just two days before, especially one slow, steppy section after the first stop. For some reason this bothered me more than the steps near the start of the video.

A good comparison of the difficulty, still nothing like being on the bike...
That last pass was Kman Keith I believe. Up on the pegs great balance and lots of momentum let him just Glide right over that Terrain.

A lot of this stuff has to do with watching these videos giving a mental picture of how to handle this stuff. I remember doing this type of thing watching snow skiing videos and learning visually.

That wasn't me. Quite a few Beta's there.

That last pass was Kman Keith I believe. Up on the pegs great balance and lots of momentum let him just Glide right over that Terrain.

A lot of this stuff has to do with watching these videos giving a mental picture of how to handle this stuff. I remember doing this type of thing watching snow skiing videos and learning visually.
That was the legend Woody Allison, I made the mistake of stopping-lost all momentum.

Yes, you’re correct. After more 450L research and test ride I got suckered in. [emoji1783]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful looking bike! This was my 1st Rubber Chicken and I was Amazed at how much riding area they have. It was challenging on the 1290 on some of the tracks. The 500 was much more fun.
I think I would need weeks or more to ride it all. I'll be back!

Nice! Looks like a great trip.

Webnel... handsome machine. What do plan on adding or deleting from it before taking it out for a romp?

The view from the top near the radio towers, looking kind of NW back toward ToC. This was from the 2015 ride. Getting up there was a crazy ride because my bike wasn't running right. It was either wide open or bogging. When we got home, I pulled the carb and found the main jet laying in the bottom of the bowl!! :eek2: I am amazed it ran at all. I'd roll off into corners and it would just keep going wide open!! The clutch hand got a great work out that day...

Looks like an awesome event. A couple of buddies were there just a couple days before doing the NMBDR and stayed in ToC, my first time there! I plan going back for sure.
How was the weather? we ran into that cold front that dumped all the snow in Texas panhandle, whew..it was cold!!
Not trying to hijack thread but just showing how small the motorcycle 248258

world is by missing you guys by a few days..... We met some New Zealanders along the way, those guys are hard core

Back