• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

The very allusive and rarely seen @JMZ once told me I need 3 bikes. A road bike , a dirt road bike , and a true dirt bike... I got ‘em all so hopefully I’m done buying for a while.
For those that can afford it, great advice. Beautiful bike! BTW, they mentioned a BMW, did you have one and selling it for a KTM?

For those that don’t know the camera does no justice to that last section for sure.

For those that don’t know the camera does no justice to that last section for sure.
If you've ridden ridge trail you have passed that hill. The last climb is to the left. Not everyone made it up. But everyone tried

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
abb0077d5c2534750bf58ca85942e435.jpg

Yes I know exactly where it is. I eyed it last time i was there just not enough guts to try it. I don’t bounce like I used to. I also already had the bike setup for Big Bend with big tank and saddle bags on. I was trying to take care of myself and the bike as I was leaving 3 days later.

Yes I know exactly where it is. I eyed it last time i was there just not enough guts to try it. I don’t bounce like I used to. I also already had the bike setup for Big Bend with big tank and saddle bags on. I was trying to take care of myself and the bike as I was leaving 3 days later.
To be honest the top was the easiest part, you just zigzag across it. The long climb leading up to it is the hard part

Good to know. I’m sure it was a good feeling topping out after the effort.

It did not look like you were standing up during the climb? I would think doing so would help keep the front end down. I know it has made a BIG difference for me on my KTM 530 EXC whenever I have found myself doing long, steep, rocky, and messy climbs in places like Utah, Colorado, and Arizona.

Good to know. I’m sure it was a good feeling topping out after the effort.
It sure was, berad and I were the only two to make the summit
It did not look like you were standing up during the climb? I would think doing so would help keep the front end down. I know it has made a BIG difference for me on my KTM 530 EXC whenever I have found myself doing long, steep, rocky, and messy climbs in places like Utah, Colorado, and Arizona.
I was standing/hovering for most of it. Some spots I either got lazy or sat towards the back of the seat to get more traction

Got out for a little ride this morning. I wanted to put some good road miles on, but the dirt roads kept looking so inviting. Found an awesome old log barn along the way.

Dodged a few showers and just like that, Spring has arrived in south Texas.

Then made it over to the community of Dewville. About the only thing there is the church with possibly the original bell.

3-17-2020 carnivorous ride. Went for dirt road ride to Cameron to check on chicks at Ideal . This is what I found.at arrival. Some pictures below.

Last edited:
Did a quick 25-mile ride around Austin yesterday, headed from Oak Hill out toward Dripping Springs and then Fitzhugh Road toward Hamilton Pool Rd. On to Bee Cave and then 71 back to my side of Austin. Dodged raindrops but wanted to blow the mental rust out a bit. Sorry no photos - I never stop on these short rides, but I will next time and some "Bike in the Bluebonnet" pictures.

Did a quick 25-mile ride around Austin yesterday, headed from Oak Hill out toward Dripping Springs and then Fitzhugh Road toward Hamilton Pool Rd. On to Bee Cave and then 71 back to my side of Austin. Dodged raindrops but wanted to blow the mental rust out a bit. Sorry no photos - I never stop on these short rides, but I will next time and some "Bike in the Bluebonnet" pictures.
Hopefully next Tuesday if the rain holds off I can escape home seclusion and head out to Llano and up to Bell County. Fingers crossed.

Back