• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Got out for a morning ride with @StromXTc . We met in Beeville and 5 miles later we were on the side of the road lost. :haha:

a few re calculations and Brian went in to full tour guide mode. We went down some great country roads and occasionally stopped so he could pass on some interesting facts and history. After passing a not so impressive Amish community we stopped in Olmos, which is now a ghost town.

The local buzzard population showed up so we took off before the ghosts appeared.

Andddd, then it got interesting. Dirt roads got dirtier and to be fair, Brian did stop to ask if I wanted to turn back. “Turn back on a day ride? Of course not, lead the way.” So he did. Further and further into good black dirt farmland.

Not wanting a v strom to beat a ktm, off I went to go for the pass. Well the mud was very sticky and Brian’s front fender bogged up with mud as I throttled by giving a friendly roost. 25 yards later and this.

Brian plowed his way up to me so the race was officially a tie. He then proceeded to remove his damaged fender.

Back on the road again looking like wanna be choppers was a little too much for the strom. A slow speed dirt nap was in order. I kinda felt bad taking a picture instead of helping lift the bike but my kickstand woulda just sunk in this stuff. No point both bikes napping.

Back on pavement and brake lines securely zip tied we threw in the towel and ate lunch in Mathis while shopping the web for a ktm high fender kit.

225 miles and a full belly makes a good day ride. Thanks again Brian. Oh by the way, I’m busy next time . :hack:

That looks like a very interesting dirt road to ride where you brow your fender

down around Mathis/Skidmore-Tynan . Woulda been lotsa fun on the 701. I think those farmers plow right over the roads. It sure was soft, even in the dry spots.

down around Mathis/Skidmore-Tynan . Woulda been lotsa fun on the 701. I think those farmers plow right over the roads. It sure was soft, even in the dry spots.
Time for a high fender

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Come on, it would have been fine hadent we just come off that rain. Most time it's dry as the proverbial popcorn fart. That clay was very interesting, it wasn't so much that it was wet it was just a little bit moist. It packed our fenders and destroyed them. Super strong South Texas colloidal bonds 😆
Kinda like Two Wheeled Texans.

We will do it again when it's dry 👍
Home brew wind energy

Amish calf's

Olmos, TX Not much here...

Wedding venue/exotic game ranch.

Tarantula in Tynan Texas
Haven't seen one this size in quite a while.

The new wind farm in Tynan and Mathis Texas area.

Look at the mud on the back of South Tex's tire it is completely stuck. It was compacted and dry as a brick but remain sticky. Strange stuff but grows the **** out of some cotton, grain and 🌽

My layover occured due to my brake line catching a lug on my front tire. Amazing enough it didn't break but sureashell locked it and caused a second gear stumble. Nothing to do but get back on the horse.
Got to the high way and decided not to press our luck with my zip tied brake lines and overexposed radiators

so we wimped out:giveup: went back to Mathis and went to Butters BBQ. BBQ fixes everything.

Wow, that sandwich of yours had brisket AND sausage.

I believe it was a power line easement road. You can see how my front wheel was locked and a couple of those photos my rear wheel was just powering threw it plowing the Frozen front wheel making a trench

:rider:Kirk told me it was called an adventure, I keep telling myself that over and over again :ponder:

That black, thick mud is no fun for me....

So I did a day of pavement 'round Austin and the hill country. Lime Creek, 1431, and thru Balcones Canyonlands then up around Joppa. Amazing weather. Little more traffic than during the week, but still pretty empty. A bazillion flowers up thata way - this doesn't even start to tell the story.

INUNXJ4lNvgyY2JjY0xvfu_A=w1430-h1072-no?authuser=0.jpg

Got out for a morning ride with @StromXTc . We met in Beeville and 5 miles later we were on the side of the road lost. :haha:

View attachment 263133

a few re calculations and Brian went in to full tour guide mode. We went down some great country roads and occasionally stopped so he could pass on some interesting facts and history. After passing a not so impressive Amish community we stopped in Olmos, which is now a ghost town.
View attachment 263134

The local buzzard population showed up so we took off before the ghosts appeared.

View attachment 263135

Andddd, then it got interesting. Dirt roads got dirtier and to be fair, Brian did stop to ask if I wanted to turn back. “Turn back on a day ride? Of course not, lead the way.” So he did. Further and further into good black dirt farmland.

View attachment 263136

Not wanting a v strom to beat a ktm, off I went to go for the pass. Well the mud was very sticky and Brian’s front fender bogged up with mud as I throttled by giving a friendly roost. 25 yards later and this.

View attachment 263137

View attachment 263139

View attachment 263138

Brian plowed his way up to me so the race was officially a tie. He then proceeded to remove his damaged fender.

View attachment 263140

Back on the road again looking like wanna be choppers was a little too much for the strom. A slow speed dirt nap was in order. I kinda felt bad taking a picture instead of helping lift the bike but my kickstand woulda just sunk in this stuff. No point both bikes napping.

View attachment 263141

Back on pavement and brake lines securely zip tied we threw in the towel and ate lunch in Mathis while shopping the web for a ktm high fender kit.

View attachment 263142

225 miles and a full belly makes a good day ride. Thanks again Brian. Oh by the way, I’m busy next time . :hack:
Come on, it would have been fine hadent we just come off that rain. Most time it's dry as the proverbial popcorn fart. That clay was very interesting, it wasn't so much that it was wet it was just a little bit moist. It packed our fenders and destroyed them. Super strong South Texas colloidal bonds 😆
Kinda like Two Wheeled Texans.

We will do it again when it's dry 👍
Home brew wind energy
View attachment 263145
Amish calf's
View attachment 263146

Olmos, TX Not much here...
View attachment 263147

View attachment 263147

View attachment 263148

View attachment 263149

View attachment 263150

View attachment 263151

Wedding venue/exotic game ranch.
View attachment 263152
Tarantula in Tynan Texas
Haven't seen one this size in quite a while.
View attachment 263153

View attachment 263155

The new wind farm in Tynan and Mathis Texas area.
View attachment 263156
Look at the mud on the back of South Tex's tire it is completely stuck. It was compacted and dry as a brick but remain sticky. Strange stuff but grows the **** out of some cotton, grain and 🌽
View attachment 263158

View attachment 263157

My layover occured due to my brake line catching a lug on my front tire. Amazing enough it didn't break but sureashell locked it and caused a second gear stumble. Nothing to do but get back on the horse.
Got to the high way and decided not to press our luck with my zip tied brake lines and overexposed radiators
View attachment 263160

so we wimped out:giveup: went back to Mathis and went to Butters BBQ. BBQ fixes everything.
View attachment 263159

Yall are too much :rofl:
Watch out for riding on those dirt roads. Usually they're on property and it just marks a boundary between the fields so the owners can drive trucks and equipment to tend to crops. Grandpa had a farm, the first time I got head shake and literally ate dirt (yup, it was in my teeth) was on a dirt bike on one of those dirt roads going out to the back fields.

Andddd, then it got interesting. Dirt roads got dirtier and to be fair, Brian did stop to ask if I wanted to turn back. “Turn back on a day ride? Of course not, lead the way.” So he did.
Had the same conversation a ride in Japan...

Yall are too much :rofl:
Watch out for riding on those dirt roads. Usually they're on property and it just marks a boundary between the fields so the owners can drive trucks and equipment to tend to crops. Grandpa had a farm, the first time I got head shake and literally ate dirt (yup, it was in my teeth) was on a dirt bike on one of those dirt roads going out to the back fields.

Had the same conversation a ride in Japan...

Brian seems to want to kill me. It’s either heat or roads. But it’s just too much fun riding with him, he picks the craziest routes . I keep gong back for more.

My grandparents farmed out of Corpus and they had those roads all around them. When it would rain you would just stay home for a week or two sometimes. Grandpa would walk the mile up to the highway and hitch hike to town for groceries. I have had to chip that stuff out from the disk with a pick more times than i care to count. I loved it out there when I was a kid. There were endless dirt road and turn rows, I could ride my dirt bikes all day and fill up from the bulk gas tank and do it again the next day.

My grandparents farmed out of Corpus and they had those roads all around them. When it would rain you would just stay home for a week or two sometimes. Grandpa would walk the mile up to the highway and hitch hike to town for groceries. I have had to chip that stuff out from the disk with a pick more times than i care to count. I loved it out there when I was a kid. There were endless dirt road and turn rows, I could ride my dirt bikes all day and fill up from the bulk gas tank and do it again the next day.

Gary , you just gave your age away. It’s all diesel tanks nowadays. Gas was in the Good Ol’ Days.

You got me. LOL! My Grandpa was old school and kept farming with gas and propane longer than most.

Oh ma gah, don't remind me how that clay got stuck on everything. We use to run around outside and compare how tall our "mud heels" were on our shoes.

Met Drew this mornin....rode a bit north of Lampassas...then up to Peabodys for lunch
20000925_134821_HDR.jpg
20000925_134843_HDR.jpg

Drew has the food pics...

We met at CR3420 & FM2527 then took FM1690 over to US281...CR2315 & 2275 to 2200 north across FM581 ...up to CR339 & FM572 into Goldthwaite.
After lunch we took 183 down almost to Lometa turning right on CR2535/2513 to FM581 to US190 & FM3415/CR1403 to Nix on FM580
CR1255 to 1299/104 then 106 to FM1495 & FM580 again....
Drew was home...but Im not....
A stop at Storms in Lampassas first.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Short day ride to see the Thunderbirds fly over in Floresville. I left early and took the scenic back roads. Stopped in what’s left of Marcelina.

Then a few more sights before stopping outside the Veterans Home to see the show.

As today is my birthday I was jonesing to get out! (Why is it always the Joneses?) Anyway, rode down to Brazos Bend St park and George Ranch. Absolutely gorgeous out! Just Got a new MadStad windscreen for the 1190. Boy is it awesome! Quiet as a mouse behind the giant deflector!
IMG_20200516_164453.jpg

IMG_20200516_164439.jpg

IMG_20200516_164401.jpg
IMG_20200516_164353.jpg

Last edited:
Back