• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Back to Groveton...

my6

Reaction score
First Name
David
Wolfen and I ventured back out on the Groveton route today. Weather was just about perfect and we pretty much had the entire route to ourselves. A wee bit dusty here and there but at least the one mud spot we found last time was easily throttled through. We did encounter a small bridge that's washed out. There is a ride around that'll be pretty easy for riders but we saw a local in a pickup that high centered and wasn't going anywhere soon. I only took a couple of pics today. The silly selfie was sent to Synthlegend just to rub it in that we were riding, and he wasn't.

A little stream we crossed. This pic does not do it justice, it's really a nice area.

Last edited:
Live the wooded areas. You guys are definitely gonna be waiting for me on a ride like this one! Too much to blast by!!!!

You're gonna love it up there. I was telling Wolfen about the Angelina Nat'l Forest area we used to be able to ride in. We can't ride trails anymore, unless you're on a horse, but we CAN ride everything else.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Three Pipe one was good as was this one. The little bridge is on a looooong sandy stretch and maybe Wolfen with his GPS that lead the way can give us the exact spot.

I sure hope someone up there takes the time to put up a barricade for it too, because someone could really get hurt on this one.

The Three Pipe one was good as was this one. The little bridge is on a looooong sandy stretch and maybe Wolfen with his GPS that lead the way can give us the exact spot.
Maybe between Groveton and Onalaska.

Yes sir maybe about halfway between Gerald Haynes Rd and the Delarose Cemetery rd...the ditch/creek doesn't show on my map.

Wolfen and I ventured back out on the Groveton route today.
Do you happen to have any routes near the Davy Crockett National Forest? I'd like to wander around in that area some.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I don't. But it sure looks like target rich environment for riding up there doesn't it...

I sure hope someone up there takes the time to put up a barricade for it too, because someone could really get hurt on this one.
I did a late afternoon ride. That old Onalaska road is in rough shape, especially after the washout. Someone has placed a small barricade by it. Being by myself on the 850 the ditch was a little intimidating. Noticed they had some wood for truck tracks, wasn't sure I could stay on wood so dove through the middle and got after it. The tornado damage in town was very sad, no pictures, I'm sure they're tired of folks doing that. Nice ride and weather.

The do around had a full sized Chevy truck high centered blocking our way. Wolfen and I had to squeeze our way around the right side of it. All part of the adventure...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So tell us about the 850 forks.

So tell us about the 850 forks.
Jury still out. But glad to have bike back, I was not happy on that 800 GT. Just too cramped for me. I love this bike for my needs.

BTW, the truck driver in the picture seemed to want to fight me for some reason, weird. Didn't hang around to find out. I don't "carry" and too old to fight!

Wolfen and I ventured back out on the Groveton route today...

I was out in the area on the street bike that same day. Groveton, Davy Crockett NF, Grapeland, was a beautiful day and weather. Surprisingly not many bikes were out.

... The tornado damage in town was very sad, no pictures, I'm sure they're tired of folks doing that...

I was very shocked/surprised at all the carnage in Onalaska also. I remembered the tornado report a few weeks back but man seeing is believing. Very sad indeed.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

So inquiring minds want to know, what's going on in this photo?

Is that the new Kling gear?
Channeling your inner MC Hammer?
Or Dudley Do-Right?

Lol sorry couldn't pass up on that opportunity.
a1ac6c8ff255d11669c4f0044384ec3c.png
a4f14eb6e87dc988e6128dedd7e571d0.jpg
a2f2a7fa0f210555ebb689a4d1064a6f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I did not notice that yesterday. LOL I don't know if WW will even know who Dudley DoRight is? A bit before his time....

It's gonna take a while before this is rideable again too.

Back