• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

I think you can find Cactus ANYWHERE in Texas.
I can't even give it away!

I've seen a good bit of this state and I can confirm.

But there is one thing that always angers me, this song will explain.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I can't even give it away!

I've seen a good bit of this state and I can confirm.

But there is one thing that always angers me, this song will explain.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
If you can't even give it away ,you must not be cooking it right.

With the heat coming on I've decided it best to take a river trip.

Only, I'll just be crossing the river rather than actually getting in the water. Not sure how this will help with the heat, but what the heck, it seems like a good plan to me.

The river in question is the Navidad, and the first crossing with be over the East Navidad via the Piano Bridge near Schulenburg (Dubina, if you want to be technical). Then, I'll cross it several more times as I follow its path down towards Edner, (or Edna, as it is on the map). I just like calling it Edner.

Also on the schedule of activities is a brief respite to sample the wares of the Ganado Cafe for lunch, in Ganado, of course. Then, I'll head Easterly to cross the Palacios and Colorado Rivers on the way to Lake Jackson where I'll overnight with a friend before heading home on Monday.

Ought to be a hoot.

Edit: After further consideration I'll be doing an out and back to Ganado, crossing the Navidad and Lavaca rivers.

Last edited:
North end:

IMG20200703103032.jpg

South End:

IMG20200703112408.jpg

Then lunch in a teepee:

IMG20200703130311.jpg

@Jeff S would you mind pinging that rode sometime? RM 2810 looks paved and I wanna go your route.

2810 is paved (and beautiful), and turns into Pinto Canyon Rd - that's the fun dirt one. Hits 170 at Ruidosa. From Marfa to Ruidosa, its about 30 miles paved and 20 miles dirt.

View from the dirt part:
IMG20200703110145.jpg

Last edited:
2810 is paved (and beautiful), and turns into Pinto Canyon Rd - that's the fun dirt one. Hits 170 at Ruidosa. From Marfa to Ruidosa, its about 30 miles paved and 20 miles dirt.

thanks, it’s on the list this fall

...but the Texas A&M meteorologist said the temperature was going to be only in the 70s today!

20200711_135440.jpg

Just add Huckleberry Finn

20200621_111742.jpg

Depends on your perspective

20200629_121211.jpg

Did about 260 miles today, I think I'm cooked about Medium Well at this point. :angryfire

I rode down to Alvin to visit and pick up a Mason jar full of Ghost and Scorpion peppers, dried and ground to powder. Probably should have put a hazmat placard on the bike.

Started back at about 1400 hours. It was getting a might warmish an hour down the road when I stopped for fuel. Let's just say that after gassing up I spent an inordinate amount of time in the Eagle Lake DQ slugging iced tea refills (I know, caffeine not good for hydration) and polishing off a chicken basket. I had the dining room to myself while letting their AC do its magic.

Afterwards I was feeling mucho refreshed and the balance of the ride home was quasi-comfortable while the OAT danced around the century mark.

As I rolled into Winchester the RR crossing barriers came down. Ugh. Then, I noticed the train coming from the left was kinda poking along and I took a quick right and high-tailed it down to the next crossing at Front street. With about a quarter mile lead on the train I was safely across and avoided having to wait, parked in the sun, on the asphalt, while a slow train made its way toward Giddings. Home court advantage pays off again. :rider:

Today's ride was a shake-down run for getting a few new additions dialed in. Navigation, hydration, and, by the end of the day was beginning to feel a lack of concentration, which wasn't something new, nor dialed in. It was toasty out, and I made it home to bask in the AC, re-hydrate, and prepare for the next ride.

Heading to Kerrville tomorrow to be in Center Point bright and early for the Adventure Rider Breakfast ride on Saturday. I'm sure it will be much cooler with all the altitude gained by riding out to the Hill Country. (okay, that's just wishful thinking at best)

Last edited:
Did about 260 miles today, I think I'm cooked about Medium Well at this point. :angryfire

I rode down to Alvin to visit and pick up a Mason jar full of Ghost and Scorpion peppers, dried and ground to powder. Probably should have put a hazmat placard on the bike.

Started back at about 1400 hours. It was getting a might warmish an hour down the road when I stopped for fuel. Let's just say that after gassing up I spent an inordinate amount of time in the Eagle Lake DQ slugging iced tea refills (I know, caffeine not good for hydration) and polishing off a chicken basket. I had the dining room to myself while letting their AC do its magic.

Afterwards I was feeling mucho refreshed and the balance of the ride home was quasi-comfortable while the OAT danced around the century mark.

As I rolled into Winchester the RR crossing barriers came down. Ugh. Then, I noticed the train coming from the left was kinda poking along and I took a quick right and high-tailed it down to the next crossing at Front street. With about a quarter mile lead on the train I was safely across and avoided having to wait, parked in the sun, on the asphalt, while a slow train made its way toward Giddings. Home court advantage pays off again. :rider:

Today's ride was a shake-down run for getting a few new additions dialed in. Navigation, hydration, and, by the end of the day was beginning to feel a lack of concentration, which wasn't something new, nor dialed in. It was toasty out, and I made it home to bask in the AC, re-hydrate, and prepare for the next ride.

Heading to Kerrville tomorrow to be in Center Point bright and early for the Adventure Rider Breakfast ride on Saturday. I'm sure it will be much cooler with all the altitude gained by riding out to the Hill Country. (okay, that's just wishful thinking at best)
Did you put a few flakes of that pepper in that chicken basket gravy?

Did you put a few flakes of that pepper in that chicken basket gravy?

It was a quart Mason jar full and safely tucked away in the top box.

Though a great idea, I didn't want to risk causing any "incident" should there have been a mishap in materials handling that might require a hazmat cleanup team at the DQ. :eek2:

Funny you should mention the gravy though, as I did ask the gal for fifteen of the little pepper packets to spice it up (no shakers due to COVID) and she replied, "Did you say fifteen?" :lol2:

Last edited:
It was a quart Mason jar full and safely tucked away in the top box.

Though a great idea, I didn't want to risk causing any "incident" should there have been a mishap in materials handling that might require a hazmat cleanup team at the DQ. :eek2:

Funny you should mention the gravy though, as I did ask the gal for fifteen of the little pepper packets to spice it up (no shakers due to COVID) and she replied, "Did you say fifteen?" :lol2:
You probably dose your French fry ketchup too, as I.

As a matter of fact, I did do just that.
Fortunately, she brought more pepper packets than I asked for, so there were plenty to spread around.
Our DQ started that about a year ago, I hate the ketchup packs. They just don't taste right and are a pain to use and messy,

Back