• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Empire of Dirt - Colorado 2020 v1

Favorite Pass to ride in the San Juan Mtns?

• Total voters
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
I'm ready to leave MS Teams, workstations, data, and strategy behind for a few days.

We're leaving at 5am to drive to Pagosa Springs and then on to Ridgeway on Friday 8/7. Follow along for a few photos. :coffee:

Once we land I'll be on a KTM 690 and Heather (Mrs. Pigtrail) will be on a KTM 350.

Me...

IMG_1049_heic-X2.jpg

Her...

IMG_0936_heic-X2.jpg

....that was her a few mods ago. Stay tuned!

I'll be following, impressed you can get the 690 in with tailgate up!

Looks like greatness..

Jealous but happy for you.

Have a blast.

BC50793C-3332-4401-998E-962D0B1D6BA2.jpeg

15 short hours later and we’re in Pagosa Springs. Smells amazing and the air is COOL.

ED793369-2A05-4DFE-8464-0EF9B75B82B0.jpeg

Next to us at this refurbished motel is a new Defender with 30. Haven’t seen one of these before.

2CBD2319-504A-42A4-BFDE-A15200542339.jpeg

I think I like the look and function of the new Bronco better - perhaps targeting different buyers

Awesome. What do you carry with you for those day rides in terms or repair items?

Awesome. What do you carry with you for those day rides in terms or repair items?

Front and rear tube, 3 tire irons, pump, med kit, snacks, tools to change tire and do basic repairs, a big trash bag to lay parts on, 4 large zip ties (you never know), and camelbak full of water. Phone and riding buddy are a given.

Front and rear tube, 3 tire irons, pump, med kit, snacks, tools to change tire and do basic repairs, a big trash bag to lay parts on, 4 large zip ties (you never know), and camelbak full of water. Phone and riding buddy are a given.
Cool, thanks. Still putting my little bike bag together.

After seeing the fun y'all have and seeing all the little bikes having fun at the Redneck Ramble, I ended up getting a lightly used Husky FE 450 and I'm having some fun with it. Just did some more single track with it again yesterday. Really getting into that now and starting to think about trips for it. This thread is giving me all kinds of ideas, thanks for posting it.

Back