• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Followed 101 down the Oregon coast to the Newton B Drury scenic byway in California to look at some Redwoods. The Oregon coast was spectacular.

You are definitely in some beautiful country.

Short 66.7 mile ride today, mostly around farmland. Bridge in Coupland, was recently restored. Was used in the movie Secondhand Lions, about a mile and a half from my house.

Granger Lake.

Zion Lutheran Church, between Hare and Thrall.

SE of Thrall.

Lawrence house.

That's Lawrence Chapel in the distance.

WHAT ROAD IS THE BRIDGE AND CABIN ON?
The bridge in Coupland is on CR 456. The bridge near Thrall is CR 434. The cabin is on CR 473, all in Williamson County. You can Google Lawrence Chapel Cemetery and it'll show you where it's at. Some of the roads in that area are not paved but well graded. Paved roads are in decent shape, for the most part.

Yesterday was a great day for my riding buddy and I to get out early. About 4 hours total from Mesquite/Garland to Lake Lavon and back on the CT90. Friend on his DRZ400. Took all the back roads to avoid traffic on the little 90cc bike. Fun time and was done at noon. Wish I had remembered to take a picture at the lake itself.

1596661131916.png

I'd like to have something like that CT90 to take with our RV when we go places. The DR650 has gone a couple of times but with not-stock exhaust it's kinda loud. 40-45mpg on average isn't bad but yours would be nifty.

EDIT: Honda does offer the Super Cub 125.

I kept track of it one summer and was getting 108 mpg. Probably around 100 w/o errors.

There is a new CT125 that should be available next year in the states. It's already available on the other side of the Pacific. A little bigger engine,12v, CDI, electric start, FI, and a disc. I'll bet it's $4K.

I run the snot outta this one, wide open almost all the time on these adventures. One kick start.

I think I saw you on 236 this afternoon.

Yeah it was just before 3.

meaning what???? that you cant lean into a curve? ?
That was my experience. Felt like trying to go around a corner at speed on a 4 wheeler.

It also felt kinda skiddish in a straight line as well. Really sensitive to handlebar input.

I couldn't wait to get off when I test rode one a month ago or so.

That was my experience. Felt like trying to go around a corner at speed on a 4 wheeler.

It also felt kinda skiddish in a straight line as well. Really sensitive to handlebar input.

I would be curious how it compares to the Yamaha NIKEN. I have not heard much since their initial product launch.

RB

Exactly.

I do see a st1300 in my future

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back