• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Dang, I wonder what would make one that big?

My only guess is a short piece of rebar or something like that. It certainly wasn't there when I left the house. I ran over whatever it was somewhere on Loop 67 around Cleburne. I ran out of plugs trying to figure out a way to get it to hold air.

I didn't see anything that big in the road but my attention was preoccupied by an F150 that couldn't decide how fast he wanted to go and was doing typical cager things.

I've used Slime for years but nothing is going to stop that hole from getting flat. My guess is that Home Depot is really close to the puncture. Takes about 30 seconds to go flat when a tire has a hole that big.

My day started off great with a nice ride on the ol' Beemer.

Now I'm just sitting Home Depot waiting on a trailer. I came so close to tossing a spare tube in my panniers. Wish I had becuase plugs fall right out of this hole.

Stuck between a rock and a hot place

Stuck between a rock and a hot place.jpg

The weatherman promised a drop in humidity and a slight drop in temps, so I left Fulshear at 0645 or so, and made my 3 hour loop ride on the back roads to Fayetteville and back. I won't say the weatherman was exaggerating, but my visor would still slightly fog and I'm sure I left a vapor trail in a few select stretches of road.

fullsizeoutput_13ac.jpeg

Dawn Patrol
fullsizeoutput_13ad.jpeg

Rush hour traffic
fullsizeoutput_13ae.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_13b0.jpeg

Fayettville, Tx

The weatherman promised a drop in humidity and a slight drop in temps, so I left Fulshear at 0645 or so, and made my 3 hour loop ride on the back roads to Fayetteville and back. I won't say the weatherman was exaggerating, but my visor would still slightly fog and I'm sure I left a vapor trail in a few select stretches of road.

View attachment 271300
Dawn Patrol
View attachment 271301
Rush hour traffic
View attachment 271302
View attachment 271303
Fayettville, Tx
Really nice pictures. That Fayetteville water tower shot is especially nice.

The wife had the neighborhood women over for cards today, so I had to leave the house. When I say, had to leave the house, that means I had to stay in the bedroom if I didn't. So, spur of the moment, I went to visit Glen @GSTJOHN. I rode the first part of the Cheeseburger loop then to the Stubblefield road. If you have been on the Stubblefield road before, you know it's paved. Well, not anymore. They are working hard to repave it, but right now it is a MESS! Worst part of the whole ride. They had traffic funneled down to one side and were constantly grading. It wasn't bad going in, but leaving I ended up following a water truck. Nearly lost it a couple times. Finally took matters into my own hands and passed. Not sure if I was supposed to do that, but that stuff was more slippery than a snotty brass doorknob.

End up at Yankees for a burger. Then a shortcut home. Tooooo hot! Good seeing you Glen.

No wonder I couldn't locate, was looking in TX :doh:

Went for a big loop today. Katy to Chappell Hill via back roads, up to Navasota via 105 to 3090, down to Anderson, east on 149 through SHNF, down to 249 to 45 (stopped by CycleGear), then down 45 to 10 and back to Katy. (Google Map)
Was nice when I started @ 7:30, started to get warm around 11, by 12, it was hot if I stopped, but moving was OK.
Really enjoyed the new MadStad windscreen for sure. Much more airflow to my body compared to the Tulsa Tall.

I had never been through SHNF on 149, it was quite a nice ride for sure.
Same for FM 1155 north of Chappell Hill.
I wish I had known that FM 1155 went to Washington on the Brazos, I would have turned right @ FM 2193 instead of going up FM 78 to 105, looks like a fun road and I have wanted to go by there (I have been over to San Filipe at the historical buildings there when riding FM 1458).

Last edited:
Just one of the expensive park attractions at Echo Bluff State Park near Emminence MO. Its very lavish ...if you got $$$
Cabins (condos) go for over $300 a nite!

Interesting to read the history of the orig Camp Zoe from the 1920s & its later musicallly oriented owner who held festivals for free spirits...& artistic types. (see prev post of tye dye place)
20200820_153709_HDR.jpg

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Back