• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

5 Hours Out, 5 Hours Back, 5 Hours Out Again

ok, where were we? Man, we barely even got started.

Remember, due to my lack of skill, we had shortened our ride, returned to Zaragoza, grabbed our swimsuits and checked out the city park pictured above. And we visited a nearby waterfall.

El Salto Cascada
i-xnRHwgf-XL.jpg

i-ncFQFCQ-XL.jpg

IMG_20220530_150144958.jpg

i-zDxXDfH-XL.jpg

Dinner at nearby restaurant
i-pBfvmZV-L.jpg

Last edited:
From Zaragoza, we took the "dirt route" toward Rayones. Not far out of town, we stopped to check out Puente de Dios ("God's Bridge" I think). This gentleman appeared and encouraged us to explore, he would keep an eye on the bikes. That's a sling shot hanging out of his back pocket. I asked him what he used it for. Dogs getting into the trash cans he replied. He seemed proud that the city had taken over maintenance of the park.

i-MtSBwHc-XL.jpg

I don't know if "Maravilla de Naturaleza" means "a marvel of nature" but that is what this place is. There are now steps leading down to the marvel. John says it used to be a narrow, steep path with no improvements (no handrails or steps.)

i-dWFCp2p-XL.jpg

Puente de Dios is a land bridge. The road we are on uses the land bridge(!)
i-rJSQ4mh-XL.jpg

i-PcvQkLN-XL.jpg

i-K9kh4VB-XL.jpg

The water must come this high during floods. Rust caused this damage.
i-njs8bSB-L.jpg

According to the caretaker, this cabana is available for rent.
i-BKdzbM9-XL.jpg

After marveling at God's Bridge (and recovering from the return climb), we continued. The road does cross Puente de Dios but driving along, you would never guess at the marvel below.

The dirt road climbs and dips and makes some hairpin turns, passing small farms and generally affording great views of a mountain i call The Tooth. With every turn, The Tooth looms closer and I have to resist stopping to take a picture of each new view.

One of the first views of The Tooth.
i-kvrP3bN-XL.jpg

Getting pretty close to The Tooth now. I love the mountains in Mexico.
i-nKjcCTb-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing, how beautiful the country is in Mexico... Thank you for the ride along

I wouldn't take my helmet off either, when walking around all those statues with swords ready to behead you. Did we ever figure out why these people are all armed and mad at the world? I probably missed it.

I wouldn't take my helmet off either, when walking around all those statues with swords ready to behead you. Did we ever figure out why these people are all armed and mad at the world? I probably missed it.

Ed, That place was in an area with a lot of shops selling huge cypress slabs or making furniture out of cypress or statues. So far, I haven't found much information on why Michael the Archangel is so popular in Mexico. (Or why he is sometimes depicted as a woman.)

Back