• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pictures From Pie Run I - 2007 at Moser's

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Re: Pie Run I: 2007 Delights on the Lake-Mosier's Cafe @ Lake Fork

Mark and Terry,

Thanks for letting me tag along. Sorry about getting caught up in conversation with my old buds from Louisiana. I didn't realize you were looking for me.

Hope y'all had a good ride back down this way.

By the way, it was great to see everyone there today. Got to see several familiar faces and lots of new faces, as well.

Bill & Jessica, it was really great to see both of you up and around. I will try to make it to more of our little get togethers so I can see you two again. I wish you both all the best in your recovery. If either of you ever need anything, just say the word.

Jamie and I headed out around 9:30AM. The weather was great. We took the quick way as we have dinner plans this evening. We took 380 - 69 - 515- 17. We put on 165 Miles for the trip. We ran into nasty weather on the way home. It was cold, Raining and the winds were awful. We made it home safe and sound, just cold. I took some pictures. You can see all of them here: Picture Gallery We counted 45 people and around 40+ bikes. It was a nice turn out. If you can put names with some of the pictures that would be great.

125772689-M.jpg

Great Turnout

125772738-M.jpg

Vern, Alta, Shelly and Jamie

125772761-M.jpg

No Clue?? Sorry but great bikes and they were very nice.

125772789-M.jpg

Our guardian Bear

125772830-M.jpg

German Choc Pie

125772855-M.jpg

More Bikes & People

125772913-M.jpg

Bo's Bike

125772921-M.jpg

who says I do not get the Strom dirty?

125772930-M.jpg

Jamie cold

125772786-M.jpg

I love my wonderful biker babe.

125772804-M.jpg

Jackie praying for Pie

Last edited:

Enjoyed seeing everyone, nice turnout. Great PIE :-P

Here are a couple of pics wife took.

125774063-L.jpg

125773682-L.jpg

Thru Hail & back (Pie Run I)

Our ride group consisted of Tuan (the guy I bought my Triple from), Dan (youth leader at our church, my son & myself. We got a late start as the weatherperson was off on the first part of the day. It was a mostly sunny morning out to Lake Fork. We took it easy as Dan was on my old bike and Tuan was just getting use to his new T-Bird Sport. We fueled up on the east side of Plano.
PieOne01.jpg

We had a nice ride out--perfect temp with little traffic through Nevada, Josephine, Miller Grove, Lone Oak & Emery. We arrived to a whole herd of bikes at Mosier's Cafe.

PieOne04.jpg

PieOne03.jpg

Grilled catfish fillets were tasty and the rest gave a thumbs up to the burgers. The apple pie proved to be the winner of the day, with pecan and cherry holding their own.

The ride back proved to be a little more challenging. A stiff NNW wind and dropping temps had us listing about 4 degrees to starboard. Just outside of Nevada, the rain began joined by about 3-4 minutes of moderately heavy pea sized hail. We rode on into Lavon and sought shelter under a gas station awning until we saw a break in the clouds--or so we thought. Not 3-4 miles down the road, the blue sky to the north disappeared into more rain as we trudged through it until the west side of Plano.

All in all, a good day, good ride, good food & good friends.

Great time and great company...

That prayer almost went unanswered. Glad everyone made it home safe and sound... Jerry wash that.... OOOPS Jamie wash that thing...

Re: Thru Hail & back (Pie Run I)

glad you all made it home safe, that is a great looking Triumph...

125772855-M.jpg

Wow, how did you all manage to maneuver bikes around? They are parked all over the place. :lol2: Someone needs to show you all how to park in a nice photogenic line. :rofl:

Hey, great turnout. Looks like you had a cold but good time!

It was nice seeing everyone today. Lunch and pie was real good.:eat:

I took a longer route home. I never did get rained on, but I did ride a lot of wet roads both directions. The temperature dropped almost 20 degrees over a 30 mile stretch on the way home. I wound up with 280 miles for the day.:rider:

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

Latech70 said:
Mark and Terry,

Thanks for letting me tag along. Sorry about getting caught up in conversation with my old buds from Louisiana. I didn't realize you were looking for me.

Hope y'all had a good ride back down this way.

Glad you could make it. We didn't want to take off without lettin' you know. Had some good road ridin' with Dave and Jay :rider: . Really burnt off some steam from not being able to ride much the last couple weeks.

An Excellent Adventure. The GPS worked great.
Trip to Moser's started dry but finished on wet roads never seeing rain.
Trip home was a whole other story. My route nearly drowned me.
Still, all good fun.
Great People and Really Great Pie!!! :thumb:

A Blended Panorama shot of the bikes outside.
MosersCafe.jpg

The Pie Menu!
DSCN1808.jpg

A Dirty Bike that found it's way safely home......
DSCN1809.jpg

Hopefully this is the link to the remaining photos! linky

Thanks for posting the pics, I sure wish I could have been there. I'm glad to see Bill and Jessica up and about, and everyone home safe.
catch ya next ride

Stephen

()__()
( >,<) #
(“)_(“)##

Con-Man said:
Thanks for posting the pics, I sure wish I could have been there. I'm glad to see Bill and Jessica up and about, and everyone home safe.
catch ya next ride

Stephen

()__()
( >,<) #
(“)_(“)##

How was the CE class Stephen, did you learn anything at the boats

tx-vfr said:
Bill (DFW_warrior) and Melanie

Nice looking boxes there Bill :thumb:
now where's those stickers you were talking about? :trust:

I haven't put them on yet, but trust me, they are on their way!!!!

It was so nice to see everyone again. I can't wait for the day when I get to trail along behind Dave on 1002 again. Hopefully we will ride to the m&g on Bugly and the little Ninja!

Great ride up with Mark and Jerry and great ride back with Dave, Jay and Mark. Good to see everyone again and glad everyone made it back safely with the wet roads! Bill and Jessica, we look forward to when you can ride to another pie run or a M&G.

Thanks for posting the pics!!!!!!!

Wow! What a turnout! When I first arrived, I felt a little out of place without a set of hard bags on my SV as I was surrounded by BMW's, Honda ST's, FJR's and a whole group of VStroms. I counted about 50 folks there, some of which came 2 up. All said and done, I covered 400 miles yesterday on my SV. Aside from some of the best roads being a bit wet, I, um, rode at a fun pace throughout the day.

As far as I know, I should be able to make the next run which will be in Hico at the Koffee Kup. It's one of the favorites of the site. I hope to see many of you there again!

The only cold body parts on the two-hour ride home today were my feet. It was sunny, but <bleep> windy and cold!

I promised Pie Man I would post photos, but I warned him I can't fill Chuck's shoes: they're too big and I have name amnesia. Photos follow but y'all will have to fill in the blanks with names.

True to its name as 'Hillbilly GPS', Google's placemark of Moser's was not exactly accurate. A few of us took wrong turns, including myself, ending up on pea gravel and cattle crossings in amongst mobile homes and boats. Unable to find a turn-around before riding into the lake, I made my own over a grassy hump and found my way back to Hwy 17. I was relieved to find a sign for the place.

I arrived and embarrassingly had to have help getting off the bike; my low back locked up. I pulled in next to a clean and pretty BMW GS. Whee has a 'thing' for GS's. As you can see, he's leaning over whispering to it "Hey, wanna come home with me? <wink, wink>". <Sigh> If only I was taller......
Rich, Don and Pie Man deep in discussion:
PiRun1.jpg

Bill and Melanie rode in with Bill's ear-to-ear grin reflecting off those new shiny huge aluminum panniers::
Bill_Melanie.jpg

Bikes continued rolling in.......
PiRun4.jpg

Soon they were three rows deep in front of the building:
PieRun3deep.jpg

PieRun3deep2.jpg

Just as there was an ocean of bikes outside, there was an sea of riders inside:
Hey, I know these folks from somewhere.......
PiRun5.jpg

I knew few faces at these tables, but I'm sure you all recognize each other.
PiRun6.jpg

PiRun7.jpg

PiRun8.jpg

A 'special' table was brought up for the late-comers. We were wondering where this crew was; they must have taken the special long way round.
PieRunlatetable.jpg

For those who misbehaved, a table was reserved for eating under the watchful eyes and horns of the Head and Fish:
PiRunheads.jpg

As promised, pies of all colors were served by our friendly waitresses. I braved hot apple pie with ice cream, but later had the worst case of heartburn I've had in years. Danged pie............ Ice Cream Forever!!!!:mrgreen:

After the massive pie consumption, riders dispersed in small and large groups. Walking outside in the ocean of bikes, it was almost overwhelming. The different colors, sizes, ........ It was like a giant school of plastic colored fish. "Where's my bike?" Hmm....

What is nice about this large group of bikes is their character. You won't see the character like that on bikes at a dealer or a show. These are bikes that are ridden, some ridden hard and over all kinds of territory and roads. Like a herd of metallic horses tied outside a saloon, they assume a part of the character of the riders. If they don't, they're not really ridden.
Well, not like a bike should be ridden :)

Joining a crew to Canton, we rode Hwy 17 for several miles south. What a nice road that is! Have to do that again sometime.........

It was nice to meet many of you; hope you all made it home safely and enjoyed the run.

Salute' !!

As TexasShadow mentioned, Chuck has some really, really big shoes and I am also not a name person, so how about more photos!! I had a good time and hope to have my scooter back on the road for Hico!

(Click for a larger image)

I noticed a few hit a little water along the way.....

th_PieRunI070.jpg
th_PieRunI067.jpg
th_PieRunI066.jpg

Here's a couple bikes you don't see very often.....

th_PieRunI078.jpg
th_PieRunI076.jpg
th_PieRunI002.jpg

Lots-O-Bikes.....

th_PieRunI073.jpg
th_PieRunI072.jpg
th_PieRunI071.jpg
th_PieRunI065.jpg

th_PieRunI061.jpg
th_PieRunI060.jpg
th_PieRunI058.jpg
th_PieRunI057.jpg

th_PieRunI056.jpg
th_PieRunI055.jpg
th_PieRunI075.jpg
th_PieRunI074.jpg

th_PieRunI064.jpg
th_PieRunI063.jpg

Blah, blah, blah....

th_PieRunI050.jpg
th_PieRunI049.jpg
th_PieRunI047.jpg
th_PieRunI040.jpg

th_PieRunI039.jpg
th_PieRunI038.jpg

Mmmmm Pie!! Some preferred theirs in a bowl with ice cream.

th_PieRunI046.jpg
th_PieRunI045.jpg
th_PieRunI043.jpg

It's been fun but everybody has gotta go....

th_PieRunI024.jpg
th_PieRunI022.jpg
th_PieRunI021.jpg
th_PieRunI020.jpg

th_PieRunI019.jpg
th_PieRunI018.jpg
th_PieRunI017.jpg
th_PieRunI016.jpg

th_PieRunI014.jpg
th_PieRunI013.jpg
th_PieRunI011.jpg
th_PieRunI010.jpg

th_PieRunI009.jpg
th_PieRunI007.jpg
th_PieRunI006.jpg
th_PieRunI005.jpg

th_PieRunI004.jpg

I happened to catch some locals headed south on 17.
(Mark, you and Terry had better be careful. It's easy to develop a bad reputation when you hang around those two Bandit guys) :lol2:

th_PieRunITerry.jpg
th_PieRunIMarkTerry.jpg
th_PieRunIJay.jpg
th_BanditPower.jpg

It was oh so nice to see our good friends, Bill, Jessica, and Katie at the Pie Run....

th_PieRunI052.jpg
th_PieRunI042.jpg
th_PieRunI037.jpg
th_PieRunI035.jpg

Bill was using sign language which translated to "Insert Lots Of Pie Here"
th_PieRunI034.jpg

I still haven't figured this one out. (Sorry Mark):rofl:
th_PieRunIMark.jpg

Back