• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

High Island to Sabine Pass... Video.

iDood

Reaction score
Hey Guys...

Some friends and I took a little ride yesterday from High Island to Sabine Pass and back. I thought you might like to see the video I put together...

I tried to embed the video in this forum software, but no love. I know you don't like links to other pages, but since I cannot embed it...

http://f650.us/ride_reports/sabine_pass_mar_2007.htm

Peace.

cool I did that ride the Jan after Rita.

I will try to pull up some of my pics.

I had a couple of students do it on a Shadow 1100 and some other cruisers I still don't know how they did it they said it took them most of the day instead of about an hour.

135295968-M.jpg

my ride started out as so many of mine do. My wife had something to do and I had something else to do in the same direction but would finish at a different time. We put the bike in the back of her car so when we separated I could go one way and she another. I had a test to take and she was to display in an art show.

When I finished my test I headed south to Galveston. Where I met some of the natives.

85615544-M.jpg

85617543-M.jpg

and took in the sights.

135296931-M.jpg

135296277-M.jpg

I then took the Bolivar ferry off the Island.

85314040-M.jpg

135295535-M.jpg

135293636-M.jpg

there was some deep sand and some bad stuff and I swear my rear tire was going twice the speed of my front the whole way.

135294859-M.jpg

deep ruts didn't feel safe in them much over about 40. I am an old man and can no longer handle the real ruff stuff.

135295381-M.jpg

don't you wish you could do this with you bike it would make fixing flats on the trail so nice.

135295259-M.jpg

glad I wasn't on this multi-hull

135294779-M.jpg

SV650rider said:
I noticed ya'll came across a dead dolphin. Seems like quite a few of them have been washing ashore in the past week or so.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=5113579
We found 2 of them... the one you saw in the video at the water's edge, and another that was way up near the road. The one near the road looked nothing like a dolphin... it looked more like a log; the skin was very leathery and brown. Upon closer inspection, (and smell) we saw it was indeed a dolphin.

I heard nothing about the news report (I don't watch TV). I wonder what's up...

iDood said:
We found 2 of them... the one you saw in the video at the water's edge, and another that was way up near the road. The one near the road looked nothing like a dolphin... it looked more like a log; the skin was very leathery and brown. Upon closer inspection, (and smell) we saw it was indeed a dolphin.

I heard nothing about the news report (I don't watch TV). I wonder what's up...
sort of like a dolphin Flu season happens every year

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070312/ap_on_re_us/brf_dead_dolphins;_ylt=AurfDTCk0plx_NqrNhDLJjQiANEA

IDOOD good video it looks like you all had fun. A bunch of us did the beach run yesterday all the way to Cameron, LA. and I saw the 2 dead dolphins. You all should have kept on going to Louisiana the beaches were really nice and clean with less stuff to run over.:rider: Ya'll should come ride with the us up on the North side sometime.

We probably should have, but we were getting hungry (at least I was), and our plan was to ride back the same way we had come (a double dose if you will). So we turned around and headed all the way back to Galveston for some seafood.

I'll keep going next time though.

Back