• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dam, DPS Troopers & Rain

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
That pretty much sums up my day today.

Yep... The water is up on Lake Livingston. I had to turn around and get the picture, I was impressed with just how many boats could fish the same spot.

156845828-L.jpg

I am truly lucky and deserved more than the warning I recieved....

156848389-L.jpg

The trooper was very professional and polite, we even talked bikes and gps's for a bit before I went on my way. (he had me too, I am embarrased to say how excited my forward momentum was).

Then the weather finally caught up to me.

156848503-L.jpg

Man it was rough. I was on 96 north bound out of Jasper when the buckets started to fall along with the wind and hail. It lasted until I got to 103.

All told I rode a little over 350 miles today...

Last edited:
by R1200GSA . . . when the buckets started to fall along with the wind and hail . . .

It HAILED on you???????? :storm: :eek2: :nono:

Man, and I thought rain hurts!!!! :eek: Hope you're not too bruised and sore. :(

When I get ticketed I always prefer troopers. They are just so darned polite I find myself thanking them when it is over:doh:

I am truly lucky and deserved more than the warning I recieved....

156848389-L.jpg

The trooper was very professional and polite, we even talked bikes and gps's for a bit before I went on my way. (he had me too, I am embarrased to say how excited my forward momentum was).
Looks like the trooper that got me and Brenda on our way home from a Thursday night dinner a couple of years ago. We were on 336 Loop South heading towards 45. He said he only wanted to slow me down because of all the deer in the area. No ticket, just a warning. I think the full gear and the grey in the beard helps too.

Looks like the trooper that got me and Brenda on our way home from a Thursday night dinner a couple of years ago. We were on 336 Loop South heading towards 45. He said he only wanted to slow me down because of all the deer in the area. No ticket, just a warning. I think the full gear and the grey in the beard helps too.
If you ride a URAL you can't go fast enough to get a ticket. All the troopers see your bike, the grey in your beard, smile and wave as they pass you!

Earl

U got a warning from a DPS trooper?
man i have ALWAYS gotten a ticket from them. and i am ALWAYS yes sirs and no sirs.
Michael

man i have ALWAYS gotten a ticket from them. and i am ALWAYS yes sirs and no sirs.
Maybe she was offended by that.
:lol2:

Most gorgeous law enforcement officer I ever met was was an AZ DPS trooper in Show Low. She got me for speeding; gave her my license and CHL; explained that we were just on our way back from the range (had about 20+ handguns and rifles in the truck); she brought me back to her car to write me a warning and all the other guys in the truck were adjusting the mirrors so they could watch her while she wrote me up.

Maybe she was offended by that.

Too Funny! Trooper McClay will be remembered by me for some time to come. I was behaiving badly and deserved a ticket but luckilly on received the warning.

Chatterbox,
The hail (pea sized'ish) did hurt (sting), but I could see on the GPS that I would drive out of it faster than I coud by pulling off an waiting it out.

cmaridersa,
I will have a URAL some day... I want a Gear Up so bad I can taste it.

Back