• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dual Sport ride in Soutwest Wisconsin!

bones

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Zubak
Some pics have captions. I did not take much since it rained ALL day Saturday, and POURED 4" that night. My tent was full and my gear was soaked. I split the last room at a bed and breakfast with another rider. :giveup:

http://30bones.smugmug.com/gallery/3252180#180022159

547 miles round trip and I feel fine. I was on the bike other than lunch and short breaks from 6am to 6:45 pm!! Bike still got 50 mpg loaded, and riding gravel all day at 60mph. BTW it's not for sale anymore. Love it even though it's a PIG.

I went down HARD on a level B road and thankfully my head took the brunt of the fall. :clap: Bike never skipped a beat. Going to replace the helmet or send it in to get checked to see if it's okay to keep using. It's my dual sport helmet, but a SHOEI and those are not super cheap to toss on the shelf as a memory.

Me someplace, somewhere in NE Iowa or SW Wisconsin. :shrug:
180814866-L.jpg

Pretty up here too
180815313-L.jpg

90K miles on that gem and 2 final drive failures. :giveup:

I liked his comment about it though 2 wheels, 4 wheels, [edit-Mod.] either way you are throwing money at it. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
My GS was cheap to maintain. What was expensive was replacing busted parts... :brainsnap

It's an IMS when ADV had a group buy for $165 shipped. Could not pass it up. Wish it was smaller to be honest. Heck wish the entire bike was smaller when on gravel all day :lol:

Back