• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The, "I wanted to skip work" Ride Report....

DFW_Warrior

Hmmmm.....
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Well, as some of you may have read in General Discussion, I didn't really want to be at work today and my boss didn't blame me. So I cut out at noon and then when the lonnnnnngggg way to out little Tuesday night Meet and Greet. I covered about 330 miles for the day, 40 of which were gravel and dirt, and it was a blast.... So here's the basic stats if you're keeping track.

Miles: 330
Dirt/Gravel: 40
Water Crossings: 3
Cattle Guards: 7
Snakes: 2.5 (one was squished)
Herds of Cattle ridden through: 2 (I was nervous, they weren't)

Now on with the pics!!!!

image003.jpg

I took one picture then my batteries died in the camera so guess what comes next......

image005.jpg

Yep, got more batteries..... And in case you're wondering, yes the camera did power up for one more shot. Then it shut down again.

image008.jpg

Fun little water crossing.

image009.jpg

Yes, I made it through withOUT crashing. I know Graeme, shocking isn't it?!?!?!?

image007.jpg

I found this on a back road near Hico. Pretty good score if you ask me.

image006.jpg

Hico sign shot for the "everywhere in Texas" vid....

I know what you guys are thinking... How can this be a typical DFW_Warrior post without some form of bike laying on it's side????? Well, worry no longer...
image004.jpg

Then I finally made my way up to the Meet and Greet near Lake Worth. So all things considered it seemed to be a pretty good day.
image002.jpg

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

Disclaimer: No bikes were harmed in the making of this post. Honest, the Strom told me to lay it down because it was tired. So I just did what I was told.

Disclaimer: No bikes were harmed in the making of this post. Honest, the Strom told me to lay it down because it was tired. So I just did what I was told.

He called and told me he'd GENTLY laid the bike over for a picture.
I promptly asked why on Earth he'd do such a silly thing?!?!?
He said he did it for us. The TWT family.

(yes folks, he's just THAT crazy)

It sure was a nice day to ride. I took off as well and it seemed the stars were aligned against me for the first half. Decided to take 157 to maypearl and then 916 west and no plans from there. On 287 to 157 there was an accident a little ahead of me and traffic was stopped as the first responders weren't there yet. Traffic was heavy up to that point and I was just wanting to stretch the tuono's legs. After waiting on the accident to clear up I hit 157 and get stuck behind some more traffic with no good spot to pass.

I get to Venus and then get stuck waiting on a train moving at 10mph. I finally hit maypearl and take 916 west. While on 916 two bikers turn left in front of me and I have to grab my brakes to keep from t-boning them. They didn't even look at all before turning onto the road. If I was in my truck they would be some dead dudes.

I quickly scoot around the riders and hit Grandview, further down on 916 I get stuck behind an eightteen wheeler stopped at a flashing railroad crossing. The train was about 15 yards away from the intersection and completely stopped. I wait half a minute in case another train is coming and see nothing. I put my bike in gear and went around the rig and crossed in front of the train. The train blasts its horn at me and I tell him he is number 1. I began to question if I should just head back to Fort Worth but decided instead to just get away and explore some random county roads. After an hour I end up somewhere between Meridian and Hico.

I went to Hico to see if Bill would be at the Koffee Kup Kafe and see not a single car at the place. I figured it was closed and I probably didnt need pie anyways so I decide to make the trek back to the big city, luckily without any delays on the way back.

The day was capped off with some truely great burgers at the Tarrant M&G. I am going to have to visit that place again. Very, very good!

Back