• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Park City Utah on a rented FJR1300

Wasabi

Reaction score
Took a little vacation to Park City Utah the week of September 8- 15. I had a great time.

The highlight of the trip was when I rented a 2007 Yamaha FJR1300 for two days. What a great bike. I was able to ride about 500 miles on some beautiful twisty mountain roads. The morning weather perfect with cool mornings , 40s and the highs were in the uppers 80’s. The perfect fit of the FJR was the just what I needed to test my leans skills. Some features I really liked about the FJR, besides the feel and great ride are:
The automated windshield, it would move up and down with the push of a button,
The antilock breaks, tested them and I was impressed with the control during a panic stop.
Outside ambient temperature gage was a nice touch.

I PMed some Utah riders on the ADVrider site before I left for Utah for some suggestions about where to ride around Park City. I got some good suggestions from soewe812. ChinookEP (Brent ) also offered to ride with me but wasn’t able to get back in town in time before I had to return the bike.
I don't like to stop very much so I got just a few pics to share.
Here are some maps of the roads I was able find. Hwy 150 runs through the Wasatch mountains. It was my favorite. I rode that four times. :rider:

The route for two days

196425733-M.jpg

A close up of my favorite part of 150
196425716-M.jpg

Most of the national forest is open range for cattle and sheep. Good reason for the ABS.
196424451-M.jpg

196424996-M.jpg

The sheep dog was in charge of over 200 of these furry fellas
196425114-M.jpg

Cows too.
196425211-M.jpg

I hit the road for the mountians about 7:30 am, it was about 50 degrees. When I started up the mountain it got real cool quick.

At 8:21 it was 43,
196424908-M.jpg

14 minutes later it's 36
196424951-M.jpg

The Bike
196424554-M.jpg

196424887-M.jpg

196425181-M.jpg

Roads
196425331-M.jpg

196576149-M.jpg

There was a waterfall even during a drought. Provo Falls
196425744-M.jpg

196425811-M.jpg

I also rented an ATV , and me and baby road around in the dirt for a few hours. Actually I was very impressed with the ability of the ATV crawl over some very rocky roads that I would not attempt on a dirt bike. Here are some pics.
196425666-M.jpg

Some trails
196425692-M.jpg

196425472-M.jpg

196425618-M.jpg

Note the green padded bridge and tree.
196425652-M.jpg

Well thats all folks.

A vacation gives you a chance to see myself in away that you don't see most of the time . Here is what I saw.
196574271-M.jpg

No bald jokes please.

Dang Bill, you have become the touring monster since we first met! :lol2: :clap:

My Dad has two of that same ATV. They are actually a blast on the trails at the local dirt park.

They can get some pretty serious air too :eek2:
OutlawTrax8-5-06005.jpg

Good to see you finally took Donna on a trip with you :-P

Sweet!! Utah and on a FJR! Way to go!
(nice color, too)

So that's what Park City looks like without snow......

Glad you had a good time, and thanks for the photos.

I've been to a good number of places and Utah is still my favorite. Moab is incredible. Glad you had a blast.

Very nice Bill. I likee the pics. Too many on this site tell us where they went; but NO PICS :yawn:

Wasatch by bike. That's a great area. I got up there in June for a couple of weeks. The elevation changes really do make layering important.

Thanks

200 per 24hours.

Here is the link

http://www.escapemotorcyclerentals.com/

Bill

I saved this thread last year as I thought it would be great to go out the and copy this adventure.

Today I was reviewing the thread and doing some planning. I discovered that the website for the rental place is gone. Did you have a phone number for them?

I saved this thread last year as I thought it would be great to go out the and copy this adventure.

Today I was reviewing the thread and doing some planning. I discovered that the website for the rental place is gone. Did you have a phone number for them?

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I found the tel number. 866-668-8400, Kim was the person I worked with.

Bummer... they must be out of business. The phone just gives a busy signal.

The only other rental place I have found that offers anything other than Harley is EagleRiders. But they only offer the BMW R1200Rt or the K1200LT.

The K1200S would be great, but I would like the FJR, ST1300.

Anyone know of a group in Utah that rents them?

I bought my FJR in August of 04. Went to a big FJR rally in Park City in late July last year then on up to Seattle for a ST-Riders rally in August. Twas a good summer. :) I rode that loop that goes north out of PC on the OP map. Nice ride.

Back