• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Butterfly Effect

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
So, you all know about chaos theory and what not, butterfly in Africa flaps its wings and spawns a hurricane that makes landfall in the U.S. Well, I experienced the butterfly effect today while out for a ride.

Action: motorcyclist takes off from a stop sign with his face shield up.

Effect: butterfly gets splattered all over his face. :rofl:

Scroll down...

198983818-M.jpg

Good to see you are doing your part to prevent destructive storms... ;-)

Effect: butterfly gets splattered all over his face.

An innocent butterfly and you are making light of it! :shock:

Have you no shame? (where's the wife - does she know this happened?) :shock:

How will you explain this to the kids? :giveup:

but the main thing is....

How did it get under the glasses? :lol2:

I've been out for a few days, but Chuck, do we have another Strommer on the board? A blue one? :lol2:

Sparky......I'm glad you weren't demonstrating the bumblebee effect. :eek2:

Much better than the, "yellowjacket effect". You make people near you wonder what music you are listening to as you gyrate wildly trying to assist it in making an exit!

An innocent butterfly and you are making light of it! :shock:

Have you no shame? (where's the wife - does she know this happened?) :shock:

She laughed.

How will you explain this to the kids? :giveup:

They laughed really hard.

but the main thing is....

How did it get under the glasses? :lol2:

I've been trying to figure that out. :scratch: I think the little beasty exploded on my cheek and the wind blew it up under my glasses. Here's the weird part - after I stopped the bike with only 50% visibilty, and snapped a quick pic, I removed my glasses and the critter flew off. :shock: Must have still had a little life left in him. I can't imagine how, because he left a lot of bug guts all over my face and glasses. :puke:

Much better than the, "yellowjacket effect". You make people near you wonder what music you are listening to as you gyrate wildly trying to assist it in making an exit!

Yeah, I've heard some stories about the stinging beasties in the helmets. I feel very relieved it wasn't one of those. :eek2:

Here's one for you: right after I got my bike, I was over at a friend's house and I set my helmet down on the ground for a minute or two while I got something out of the pannier. About 30 minutes later, I'm riding along and I see an ant crawling across the top of my eyeglasses. I pull over as soon as conveneint, and discover five ants inside my helmet - five FIRE ANTS!:eek2: Lucky none of them were in a biting mood. Last time I EVER sat my helmet on the ground.

Yeah, I've heard some stories about the stinging beasties in the helmets. I feel very relieved it wasn't one of those. :eek2:

Here's one for you: right after I got my bike, I was over at a friend's house and I set my helmet down on the ground for a minute or two while I got something out of the pannier. About 30 minutes later, I'm riding along and I see an ant crawling across the top of my eyeglasses. I pull over as soon as conveneint, and discover five ants inside my helmet - five FIRE ANTS!:eek2: Lucky none of them were in a biting mood. Last time I EVER sat my helmet on the ground.

Been there, done that. Except in my case, the bugger was crawling around behind my ear and finally found his way INTO my ear!! :eek2: I could not get the helmet off fast enough!! :lol2:

I've been experiencing the "dragon fly effect" myself. Must have took out half a dozen on my ride today.

So the reason for the ride today (as if I really needed a reason) was to celebrate my one year anniversary of getting my first (and current) motorcycle!

I left the house about 7:45 and went to breakfast with my sweetie.

198981225-L.jpg

After Mollie went back home, I took a round about route up to Burton, TX and had lunch at the Burton Cafe.

198981552-M.jpg

198983305-M.jpg

I had a REALLY GREAT burger and onion rings followed by REALLY GREAT cocout cream pie. :eat:

198982967-L.jpg

After lunch, I rode FM 390 from Burton all the way over to where it ends on 105. This is an AWESOME road - I highly recommend it. Then I made my down to Chappell Hill and Bellville, and home. Did about 275 miles and had a great time.

Last edited:
Back