• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sandy Creek was fun today

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
5 of us made a run to Llano today to eat some BBQ at Coopers. Actually, that was just our excuse to do some dual sport riding. One of the most fun DS roads between Austin and Llano is CR 315, which crosses Sandy Creek twice. Here we are at the first crossing.

Chris on his R1200GS
DSC00348.jpg

Paul crossing on his KLR
DSC00349.jpg

Morgan & the KTM 950 Adventure.
DSC00350.jpg

Jerry gunning his KLR
DSC00352.jpg

Taking a break
11102007firststopoftheday.jpg

Paul
Paul.jpg

I sure wish I could have ridden with you all yesterday but it was nice to meet some folks and put faces to names, at least. -Fred

5 of us made a run to Llano today to eat some BBQ at Coopers. Actually, that was just our excuse to do some dual sport riding. One of the most fun DS roads between Austin and Llano is CR 315, which crosses Sandy Creek twice. Here we are at the first crossing.

I did this water crossing a few months ago during the heavy rains and it was real challenging fer me. There was a additional 3-4 foot drop in the middle of the creek into which I went into.

Somehow...the bike kept running. I should have turned off the engine and pulled it out! The CR310-315 roads are indeed fun and close to Austin for those wanting a quick DS route circa our booming metroplex.

It looks like everyone had fun :) Although I have heard that part of Texas folks really like sheep.

Real%20Dualsporting.jpg

SEYA

RB

Back