• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sat 1-5-08 huntsville to colmesneil

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
just got home, bout 345pm. had a great time. if i recall correctly we had 9 bikes and 11 folks show up.
i had a great time and the food was very good. The visit with those that went was very enjoyable. We had an assortment of bike types and the ride over went well. After lunch we split up and headed out our own ways.

I hope to do some RTEs in the future, especially after winter, so be on the lookout for them.

Thanks to snoopster for leading us over.

heres a couple of pre-ride pics. I took a pic of bluedevils red ninja just to prove he did buy one. :)

Attachments

• P1010444.jpg
    P1010444.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 153
  • P1010445.jpg
    P1010445.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 132
  • P1010446.jpg
    P1010446.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 135
  • P1010447.jpg
    P1010447.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 135
  • P1010448.jpg
    P1010448.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 136
Back in Conroe at about 4:30... took the slow boat home... had to roll out on the grass in front of the Goodrich Post Office... it was nap time when we left the restaurant... great food and fellowship!

And just one more thing... on 1097 going toward Willis, another rider passed me on the right. He happened to be without helmet and driving a HD. It's not an issue of whether I would have moved over. The first I knew he was there was when he appeared on my right moving by slowly. It was a bit of a shock and quite annoying. I shouted something at him that he surely couldn't hear over the noise.

Last edited:
You guys are a nice bunch! I really enjoyed the ride and the visit . Its nice to ride with a group thats not out to set lap records every where. I have found that slowing down and taking in the scenery is just as fun. Looking forward to the next time , Thanks for letting me tag along.

:tab I was in the group that turned onto FM 247 while you were still sitting at the Exxon. I knew you were gonna catch up to us :lol2: We were running a real sedate pace. It was me standing on the side of the road on Waterwood Parkway shooting video as you all came by. We scooted over to a new Bike stop on Hwy 156 just a hair South of Point Blank. Then we did 224 down the side of Lake Livingston and back 946 to US 190. FM 946 is totally under construction. I think they are straightening and widening it :doh: Used to be a great road through the woods. I was REALLY wanting to follow you guys but I just could not venture that far from home today.

:tab Anyone else see that huge wild turkey on 980 not too far after the big S curve? When I went by he was on the left side.

Some cumulative pictures from Deb and myself:

Lunch at the Texas Star Cafe in Colmesneil:

240315827-M.jpg

240313154-M.jpg

240312488-M.jpg

240313177-M.jpg

After lunch, the ladies decided that despite looming clouds and threatening skies, we'd head east in search of more twisty bits to enjoy.

As we neared 190, the rain started and we pulled over to complete the waterproofing, or as much as we could. Other than our gloves, we were sealed and ready.

240312539-M.jpg

After completing a wet and wild ride through 777 and 1414, we stopped in Burkeville to regroup and decide the best way home. We were soggy, to say the least. Crinkled fingertips and purple hands were discovered.

240313072-M.jpg

It was a great day with friends despite the weather. It was certainly a long day in the saddle, and the straight and boring highway miles sure feel like they take twice as long to traverse as they do in real-time.

240313129-M.jpg

Thanks to Jack for organizing this ride. :clap: The pace I was running was slower than usual but I didn't want to get too ahead of everyone since I offered to lead having done this route a bunch.

TM, I saw your group pull out ahead of us & was curious if we'd catch up to you not knowing who you were riding with. I hope I didn't scare anyone once we started passing on Waterwood Parkway. BTW, someone in your group almost caused a pile up by just stopping on the right side of the lane when we were trying to pass him. :eek2:

It was nice going on a group ride again & hanging out with TWTers. What a nice surprise to find a paved parking lot at the cafe, huh RB. ;-) Our waitress did an outstanding job & the food was great like always. Can't wait for the next one, hopefully the roads won't be wet next time.

Great ride thanks Jack and debbie for seting it up and leading. I guess we lucked out on the weather heading back after lunch.
S&R

I hope I didn't scare anyone once we started passing on Waterwood Parkway. BTW, someone in your group almost caused a pile up by just stopping on the right side of the lane when we were trying to pass him. :eek2:

:tab No one said anything about the passing so I assume there were no issues ;-) As for a pile up... were people following to close :scratch: Unless they were right on him or passing on the right (which would really surprise me) I would not have expected problems even if he were panic braking :shrug: He lost his iPod player :roll: We found it after a few minutes of walking up and down the shoulder. The outer case was toast, but the actual unit was fine.

:tab It has been forever since I've been out there on 777 and 1414. I think I need to plan a Hodges Garden trip for late March or early April... :ponder:

TM,

Were you taking video or pics as we went by? :huh: It was strange leading a group & seeing you lead another group. Hope your not on call the next time & can join us. :-P

Back