• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rode the Rio and then some.......

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So what are you trying to say?:lol2:
So,......What I'm saying is that, if I didn't like your riding style, and your twisted sense of humor, I wouldn't be picking on Ya...........
Had a good day Saturday riding with You, Carl, Darian
248ok7.jpg

262zt4.jpg

265ve9.jpg

speaking of water...where is "the" water I heard so much about??:trust:
The water crossing? It is Terlingua Creek! One of my favorite places :mrgreen: Zoooooooommmmmmmmmm...........
Wait to you see the parting of the water Graeme did! He's Moses. :trust: But it's a good way to cool off.

My contribution is a little different. I wasn’t the dirty girl I thought I was and wimped out before the going got too rough, but I ended up in Mexico that day, so all is not lost.

Started the trip out in the best of moods after having spent a good 11 hours in the truck with Yogi chatting up a storm, although why he calls it the “Spanish Inquisition” I don’t know. We got to the campsite with about an hour of daylight left so setting up was pretty easy and we had dinner on when the rest of the party arrived. After the first night with no visits from javalinas or critters, I slept so well.

IMGP5586.jpg

daylight when WE got there

IMGP5587.jpg

Not so much, when the rest of our party arrived.

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

"We" cooked most every night, and by "we" I mean, Yogi....great food too....just how I like it!

I spent the first day riding in the park with Echo Boom, a then newbie rider, but since this trip, she’s all over it now. I’m always impressed with the loverly view so going slow ish and taking lots of breaks is a visual treat. That seemed to be the theme for the trip this time.

IMGP5552.jpg

Met up at Kathy's each morning

IMG_0053.jpg

the "Uncle" (and thank you again for organizing/offering this)

IMGP5559.jpg

Echo-Boom taking in the view and re-awakening her numb hand...lol

IMGP5563.jpg

IMGP5566.jpg

IMGP5568.jpg

IMGP5578.jpg

I love my bike!!!

IMGP5584.jpg

So much beauty..it was hard to leave, but this was just the first day

The next day I had planned to ride the dirt with good friends but as it turned out, I had a bad feeling and bailed very early on. (thank you for the invite though) I ended up making plans to ride to presidio with Roxanne (highland spring?). That’s a good-feeling ride over fun roads and at the top of this steepish hill, we stopped for the view and met some very nice vacationers that come to the area often. We learned about the crash, the best pizza and beer around for miles, and some lovely dwellings at Terlingua House.

IMGP5588.jpg

IMGP5589.jpg

see the crash?

IMGP5590.jpg

How about now? :trust:

IMGP5594.jpg

Roxanne and I, courtesy of the very nice men

As we were leaving that spot, we were passed by a group of 8 riders and had no trouble catching them and tagging along. That group split in half in Presidio and the half we followed had plans for Mexico that day. I had the best time and felt really adventurous going into another country…go me! I also met some wonderful people, some of which I rode with the last day.

IMGP5612.jpg

the group at the Peguis Canyon

IMGP5603.jpg

IMGP5607.jpg

IMGP5624.jpg

IMGP5647.jpg

on the way back...loved this road! Mexico 16 I think it is

IMGP5625.jpg

IMGP5631.jpg

IMGP5641.jpg

wanted to get some spanish signage...lol

IMGP5653.jpg

IMGP5663.jpg

Lajitas, Mexico

IMGP5659.jpg

IMGP5671.jpg

and we got to eat again at The Patio, in Presidio....I can't tell you how much I like the food here. It's wonderful. I recommed the Patio Special and the Tortilla soup.

I got back about 5:30, in time to visit at Uncle's and get some good spaghetti...thanks again, Graeme.

Meeting up at Kathy’s Kosmic Kowgirl to help in whatever way I could with the aborted “big rescue” was not the way I wanted to start the last day but it turned out well when I was invited to spend some time looking at the park and Santa Elena Canyon. I hiked a good hour in riding boots to get to the view but I was happy to be there.

IMGP5686.jpg

I didn't know cactii came in other colors besides green.

IMGP5681.jpg

IMGP5684.jpg

IMGP5682.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

if the water is just a bit higher, you get a really good optical illusion...you can just barely make out how it might look here.

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

so pretty!

All in all, I had a wonderful trip – a very different kind of fun than the first time I came so going back to Big Bend is not a question…I’m IN!!

Nice pics, Mollie! :thumb: :clap: Sure hope I get to go out there some day. :pray: Sounds like everyone had a blast! Glad y'all had fun and everyone made it home in one piece! :rider: :rider:

I spent the first day riding in the park with Echo Boom, a then newbie rider, but since this trip, she’s all over it now. I’m always impressed with the loverly view so going slow ish and taking lots of breaks is a visual treat. That seemed to be the theme for the trip this time.

Echo-Boom taking in the view and re-awakening her numb hand...lol

Many thanks again for putting up with me, Mollie. I really ejoyed meeting you and hanging out. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Need this guy´s e-mail, have some great pictures of him and I would like to send them to him, anybody?
2291901775_c57115b7a0.jpg

2291899273_d4bfca1c44_b.jpg

For those interested in comming down to Mexico sometime, and driving thru Monclova, Coahuila. Here is my phone and e-mail in case you want to stop by zerrweckantonio@hotmail.com , muebrioluna@prodigy.net.mx , and home phone (866) 639 2674 busness (866) 633 2768,
I mean it, anytime you come down here call me, I´ll be glad to help you anyhow.
And again i´ll to thank all of you for this great trip i did
hope to see you again in some other ride

For those interested in comming down to Mexico sometime, and driving thru Monclova, Coahuila. Here is my phone and e-mail in case you want to stop by zerrweckantonio@hotmail.com , muebrioluna@prodigy.net.mx , and home phone (866) 639 2674 busness (866) 633 2768,
I mean it, anytime you come down here call me, I´ll be glad to help you anyhow.
And again i´ll to thank all of you for this great trip i did
hope to see you again in some other ride

There ya go again.:lol2:

Back