• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For Dads and Daughters

My daughter on the Royal Gorge Bridge summer 2007..........

Attachments

• FH000021.jpg
    FH000021.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 379
And this is her giving the Mayor of Lajitas, Clay Henry III, a beer, December, 2007.

Attachments

• 459775-R1-047-22_022.jpg
    459775-R1-047-22_022.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 306
Riding across the Royal Gorge bridge was... different... :shock: It was pretty windy when we did it and the bridge was swaying pretty good despite all the cables holding it steady. It was a nice ride out the back side of the park though.

This is from November 2004. This was the day after I purchased her.
(the bike, not the girl) :lol2:

Day1MeNJamyNNinja.jpg

I can't wait till she's tall enough to reach the pegs!

The problem will be how to keep her mom from finding out. :hack: :trust:

Nice try!

But my wife won't let me ride a cruiser.

She says "daddy looks much sexier on a sportsbike". ;-)

Exactly. Now what you need is a Buell Ullysses to go with that sport bike. It has a cool rear rack/back rest.

I have never, now will I ever own a cruiser. Knocking on wood.

image002.jpg

Actually, she's never ridden with me and won't :( (or anybody else, including her SO). However, she does like to go to the range and shoot pistol with me. :-P

Me and my daughter Kali (16) at Red River Motorcyle Trails in January. Her and her mom just finished the MSF course in February and yes, I couldn't be any more proud of them.:clap:

Attachments

• dirtbiking11.21.jpg
    dirtbiking11.21.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 294
You know what...

...I forgot that Jamy has ridden solo before:

Picture_0026.jpg

And no, I did NOT encourage her to do that wheelie! ;-)

Picture_0026.jpg

And no, I did NOT encourage her to do that wheelie! ;-)

Oh J, girls grow up so fast. One day you are sitting there watching them do wheelies in the playground and next thing you know you look out in the driveway and see this.

DSC_0206.jpg

My father rode when I was young. Yamaha 650/750 something. I know it was blue and my mother hated it - especially after my father picked my sister up from school on it one day and had a minor accident with her.

I don't know what happened to the old bike, but it moved with us when I was in 5th grade - I remember it falling off the ramp in the driveway. Mom didn't like that either. :doh:

Here I was at about 2 1/2 years old in dad's helmet.

262680861_TU5VZ-M.jpg

I was going to ask if that was Heath...

Yup, that's him.
The only way we know how to estimate ages in the old pics is to see who the baby was at the time. Since he's pretty small, I was probably just over 2 in the pic. Mom was pregnant or nursing straight through from 1974 to 1980.

Here is my oldest daughter the first year we did the MS150. On a different form of bike. She had just turned 10 at the time.

Here we are at the start on Dairy Ashford.

63103537_qpDki-L.jpg

Here we are in Industry, with our personal sag wagon(rescue vehicle).

63103538_NmAfY-M.jpg

Here we are the the finish in Austin.

63103531_AR5MZ-M.jpg

We have ridden together every year but one since 2001. I did the two years before that on my own.

This year we are riding again. The girls have graduated to their own bikes. So I am riding my single bike also. Much easier to pedal than a 50 lb bike with a 100+ lbs of kid on the back. But, the seat is no where near as comfortable.

I know this is kind of a hijack, but if anyone is interested in donating to our cause as we try to raise money for the National Multple Sclerosis Society, please click on the links below. With three of us riding, we have to raise a minimum of $1200.

I tell you, the best part of these adventures were all the hours we spent together on the tandem. It is not like the motorcycle. We could talk and we did. Of course they are teenagers now, the only time we talk is when they send me a text message.

Here are our links;

Chris http://www.ms150.org/edon.cfm?id=210478
Christin http://www.ms150.org/edon.cfm?id=210480
Erin http://www.ms150.org/edon.cfm?id=210481

Thanks,

My daughter Lee (age 14) and I going to a PGR mission at Hobby airport March 2nd, 2008.

Attachments

• Jeff and Lee 2 March.jpg
    Jeff and Lee 2 March.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Of course they are teenagers now, the only time we talk is when they send me a text message or when they want money for something.

Fixed it for you.

Hey, depending on how you count, I have either two, three, or four daughters ranging from sixteen to twenty-two - I do know how it is.

Back