• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run V: Black Bear Restaurant, Davis Mtns State Park

Just made it home, 3 days late, guess I am the straggler. After the Pie day, decidedf to hang out in south Texas and visit friends and family. Grand total of the trip just over 2200 miles, Wotk is going to bite tomorrow!

Just made it home, 3 days late, guess I am the straggler. After the Pie day, decidedf to hang out in south Texas and visit friends and family. Grand total of the trip just over 2200 miles, Wotk is going to bite tomorrow!

Yup.

We stopped on Wild Rose Pass for a photo op on the way north.
102_2739-1.jpg

Marty

that looks familiar....

DSC_0072.jpg

google

I am back at work, after spending last week on the road after the Pie Run. I will sort some pictures tonight, and start at thread about the rest of the trip.

I guess I was the last one in, getting back just in time for Friday Ice Cream after a 720 + mile day from New Mexico. DPS was thick, saw 7 units between El Paso and Van Horn. The dog at the check point must not have liked motorcycles. I thought they were going to detain me because he was barking his head off and trying to get close to the bike. To my suprise they waved me through without even coming to a complete stop.

... To my suprise they waved me through without even coming to a complete stop.

Not enough room in the bags for illegals, I guess. Our stop at the checkpoint on 118 was as pleasant as the officers could make it. They were very polite and professional.

If one has been following the news at all about what's going on in Mexico, I'm pleased about the massive LEO presence along the Texas border and grateful to the folks doing the job. However, stopping US citizens and falsely accusing them of things they weren't doing or that didn't happen, as a very few have reported on the board, is just wrong.

I know its a tough job, but there's a right way to do it.

Tom

If one has been following the news at all about what's going on in Mexico, I'm pleased about the massive LEO presence along the Texas border and grateful to the folks doing the job. However, stopping US citizens and falsely accusing them of things they weren't doing or that didn't happen, as a very few have reported on the board, is just wrong.

I know its a tough job, but there's a right way to do it.

Tom

Agree on both points.

Sometimes it isn't enough to be innocent. Sometimes it is wise to avoid the appearance of suspicious activity. Riding alone on a sport tourer with multiple pieces of luggage, down a dirt road 5 miles from the border with Mexico, just might look suspicious. A couple or several dualsport bikes, each with a small tool bag, on the same dirt road would not look as suspicious.

I can hardly fault the officers assigned to interdiction for doing their jobs. I'm sure they've seen their share of falsified records, receipts, and routes drawn on maps. I can't blame an officer for not believing a thing anyone says.

If you have a problem with interdiction, you have two choices. First, you can avoid those areas where the program is operating. Second, you can become involved in the political process and work to eliminate the program.

Back