• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 June Pie Run Report: Hico, TX 6/28 Koffe Kup

TRANSALP!!! You rock, Man. I wish I had seen it. I wonder, is it going to feel lighter, the same, or heavier than the KLR on dirt roads and rocky pastures? Can you lower it and put baskets on it?:) Can I sit on it? I promise not to scratch the seat with my boots when I mount and demount?;-)

I hate to see you sell the KLR. It's a real cream puff. It looks like it just came off the showroom floor. You are such a fanatic when it comes to caring for your bikes. You seem to have as much fun polishing and caring for them as you riding them.

If I didn't already have a KLR, I take yours in a heartbeat. But, since you know how I have adorned mine with all the finer necessities suitable to comfort me, such as baskets, etc., you probably wouldn't sell it to me, uh?:rofl: :rofl:

Happy Riding!

HEY JERRY- You can even ride the Transalp if you want . The KLR is for sale in the forum as we speak . If you know anyone that wants a really clean 03.
Thanks for the kind words - see ya soon
Sorry we left so soon , we had some guys with us that were ready to get home ...........Rick M

Jamey departed north on 35 towards Kansas City to start a two week riding/family vacation. :clap:

322521207_4WR8R-O.jpg

I think I need lessons from Jamey on how to pack lightly for a long trip. Does he only have a tankbag and tailpack?

I think I need lessons from Jamey on how to pack lightly for a long trip. Does he only have a tankbag and tailpack?

Yup. I tried to convince him to get some saddlebags, but he decided instead to ship a box up to his folks with some extra stuff. He's not camping, so all he has is clothes and tools. ;-)

Huge thanks to everyone that continues to support TWT - your bikes/cars/trucks will wear the decals proudly. We raised almost $70 for the website in decals alone! :clap:

If I didn't have the size/color decal you wanted or if I didn't get around to you (hey, a girl's gotta eat ya know ;-) ) PM me and I can get you whatever you need. Almost every color is available - even pink and purple for you, Kim :mrgreen:

I shoulda paid more attention! I need a decal or 2!
PM sent....
mary

This was my first pie run and I have to say that it was enjoyable, the ride, the food, the country side all of it. I took in the Dr Pepper tour like a lot of other folks did. The 615 mile round trip did take up most of the day but overall it was a nice ride.

Well, here is our Pie Run report.
We rolled from Burleson around 7:30 AM towards Cleburne to get on 67 heading toward Glen Rose. We turn turned off 67 onto P21 going south. We were on 1434 briefly then turn on FM200. Here’s a couple of pics I snapped on the road.

SN850486-1.jpg

SN850485-1.jpg

We turned on CR1237 which took us across the Brazos river just before Brazos Point. Of course we stopped to indulge our other pastime, geo-caching. We knew there was a cache on the old bridge across the river.

Kathy Found it. No, I didn’t knock her down or even make her lay down. She did that all on her own.
SN850488-1.jpg

Nice view of the river from the bridge.
SN850489-1.jpg

We continued on CR1118 into Brazos Point then turned onto 56 to 202 to 144 go into Walnut Springs. At Walnut Springs we rode west on 927 to Iredell. There we got on 6 and came on into Hico.
One more geo-cache stop at the Hico Cemetery. I snapped this pic of Kathy getting locked out.
SN850496-1.jpg

There were already some folks at the Koffee Kup when we arrived about at about 10. Our priority was to eat first then move out so other folks could get in. Besides we had not eaten so breakfast was in order. STScott and DFWDano joined Kathy and I for breakfast and of course PIE. It is never too early for Pie.

Kathy and shared this piece of excellent apple with ice cream.
SN850497-1.jpg

Love this sign.
SN850499-1.jpg

When we walked back outside the parking lot was full of bikes with more coming in all the time. Here’s few shoots of some of the bikes and people.

SN850500-1.jpg

SN850501-1.jpg

SN850503-1.jpg

SN850516-1.jpg

SN850517-1.jpg

SN850518-1.jpg

Pacman & son
SN850511-1.jpg

Chuck was there already, but this is some of the Burleson Mafia that had just pulled in.
SN850509-1.jpg

Squeaky & Shootergal arriving.
SN850513-1.jpg

SN850514-1.jpg

A couple came in this rig just to eat at the Koffee Kup. They weren’t part of our group, but still neat. I had Indiana plates on it. Someone said it was a 1929.

SN850522-1.jpg

SN850520-1.jpg

Some more of the bikes. Susan’s new bike.
SN850505-1.jpg

Nice BMW!! I didn’t know they made a belt drive, I think this is Shootergal’s bike.
SN850515-1.jpg

I think this Sprint belongs to one of the Burleyville Mafia?
SN850530-1.jpg

Kim’s “Crumpet” definitely Burleyville Mafia.
SN850531-1.jpg

Next to the best looking Voyager there, of course mine was the Best!!
SN850529-1.jpg

I was told by STScott to take pics of this rarity, a unfarkled, totally stock ST1300. DFWDano just got this.
SN850527-1.jpg

Nice looking Vstrom.
SN850528-1.jpg

We hung out in Hico for a bit getting another geo-cache. Then we headed on north on 220 to 67 then home to Burleson. We passed Chuck and his entourage, Susan and Soozy, in Glen Rose while they were fueling up. We made it home about 2:30.
It was a great day, with a great ride, great food & PIE, with GREAT PEOPLE! You could not ask for more. We are truly blessed.
Marty

The worst part of being a bonehead was missing out on getting a chance to meet and chat with all you fine folks that stayed behind the rider with the map.:doh:

Squeaky & Shootergal arriving.
SN850513-1.jpg

Actually, I think that's Squeaky and Jamey coming in.

Nice BMW!! I didn’t know they made a belt drive, I think this is Shootergal’s bike.
SN850515-1.jpg

That's Shootergal's alright.

Although, if the GS is anywhere near that size, I'll have to rethink. I felt a little oversized for it when I, ummm, "borrowed" it. :rofl:

Corinne, excellent way to bounce back from the injury. I am enjoying everyone's RR. And I hope to make it to the next group ride for pie. :thumb:

This was my first pie run and it was greatly enjoyed. I rode in with the group from austin, it was a good route and the detour added some nice twisties.
I hope to make the next one and look forward to riding with the austin group again.

Cheers.

Corinne, excellent way to bounce back from the injury. I am enjoying everyone's RR. And I hope to make it to the next group ride for pie. :thumb:

Thanx Peter! I'm so glad I didn't give up! I owe it all to the constant encouragement everbody on this forum gave me. And of course, the really nice people who took the time to come out & ride with me made a HUGE difference! Now I just have to keep doing everything I can to improve & sooner or later I'll be able to keep up with you, Squeaky, Snoopster, Greg, Maverick, etc, etc.....:lol2:

Thanx Peter! I'm so glad I didn't give up! I owe it all to the constant encouragement everbody on this forum gave me. And of course, the really nice people who took the time to come out & ride with me made a HUGE difference! Now I just have to keep doing everything I can to improve & sooner or later I'll be able to keep up with you, Squeaky, Snoopster, Greg, Maverick, etc, etc.....:lol2:

Hey, I still gotta get down there and sit on your bike...<G>
Was just too hot to stay much longer....
Love Tigger!

Oh, and get some sliders (TOG's).. tip over guards....
Mary

As soon as I win the lottery, I'm going to get me one of those..
lowered frame, suspension and seat!
My bike is beginning to feel too big for me... except when the wind is blowing...<BG>

How did you like it?
mary

Most excelent 2 day pie trip. There are some really good folks on this forum. Big thumbs up for every body. Corrine, Squeaky, Debbie, David, Greg and the others we had dinner with, thanks for making this a memorable trip. Enjoyed being tail gunner it was really cool watching everybody having a good time.
Next time yall can keep up with me.:lol2:

As I was packing up, a group of 4-5 sport bikes passed by led by a nice looking yellow Duc ST4. I caught up to them at 281 and they were doing construction at the bridge just south of Hico. Yousers, it was hot waiting for them to open up the northbound. Unfortunately the Duc forgot to put its sidestand down and fell asleep. :sleep: I guess technically it didn't happen since there were no pics.

Yes, that would have been me. I dropped the sidestand and killed the motor, thought I was in gear. I began pulling off the helmet and that's when I saw Marc jump about the same time I felt the bike hit my legs. It was just enough of an incline to cause a bit of a roll forward. Fortunately Marc's reflexes kept it from hitting too hard. Wasn't the first time I did something stupid and it certainly won't be the last. :eek2:

Outside of that, it was a great day and enjoyed riding with new people.

Yes, that would have been me. I dropped the sidestand and killed the motor, thought I was in gear. I began pulling off the helmet and that's when I saw Marc jump about the same time I felt the bike hit my legs. It was just enough of an incline to cause a bit of a roll forward. Fortunately Marc's reflexes kept it from hitting too hard. Wasn't the first time I did something stupid and it certainly won't be the last. :eek2:

Outside of that, it was a great day and enjoyed riding with new people.

Pretty bike. Sorry you had to endure that pain. Soon after I got my S3, it rolled off the sidestand because I didn't have it quite enough forward. ouch, ouch, ouch. Busted turn signal, small ding in the tank and a pulled rib muscle trying to save it.

Glad I'm not the only one. Nearly dropped the Wee up at the McDonald Observatory when we were in Ft. Davis. More incline than I thought and it rolled forward off the sidestand as soon as I let go of the front brake while dismounting. Fortunately I still had one hand on the handlebars and one was able to grab the hardbox mount. Even more fortunately I didn't hurt myself catching it, because I never made a conscious decision to do so.

Chuck was there, I think he was afraid he was going to get caught, but he didn't get a picture. Does that mean it never happened?

Fortunately I still had one hand on the handlebars and one was able to grab the hardbox mount. Even more fortunately I didn't hurt myself catching it, because I never made a conscious decision to do so.

Chuck was there, I think he was afraid he was going to get caught, but he didn't get a picture. Does that mean it never happened?

Yeah, that was a great save and back up! :clap:

There are always a few zero speed drops during a Pie Run. Don't ask me how I know this... :oops:

Yeah, that was a great save and back up! :clap:

There are always a few zero speed drops during a Pie Run. Don't ask me how I know this... :oops:

I think I'd rather run out of gas than drop it.;-)

Back