• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Can we ride yet?

Reaction score
IMG_9644.jpg

Zorak: I called this meeting to discuss what we're going to do this summer. As you know.....

Bernard: Oh geez, can't you see I'm busy?

Wiley: Sheesh, Bernard. You're always grumpy. Let's listen to what Zorak has to say.

Zorak: Um, so who's the chick with the big boot? Does she live here somewhere? How come I haven't seen her before?

Wiley: Yeah, she has a big boot on! Maybe she has a broken ankle, too.

IMG_9647.jpg

Angela: Hey, Mantis; which comic book are you are from?

Zorak: I'm from a cartoon, my dear. "Space Ghost", if you must know. And you are.....

Bernard: Can we get this meeting going? I want to go back to my book.

IMG_9649.jpg

Zorak: Ahem, yes.[clearing throat] Excuse me, I need something to lean on here....

Wiley: Hey, where'd you get that?? It's cool!

Bernard: Oh for Max's sake; it's a quartz egg!

Wiley: Huh? Wha.....

Bernard: Long ago before there were monsters like me, pesky bugs like you (glaring at Zorak), and creepy mammals like you, rocks laid eggs. That's how they made more of themselves; they laid rock eggs. When those big earth pimples blew up and spewed hot stuff, the insides of some of these eggs got hot and formed crystals from all the pressure. So those shiny crystals are inside some of the old rock eggs. And they never grew to be big rocks.

Angela: I think you're making that up. I never saw that happen the way you tell it and I've been around a long time.

Wiley: What? How can you have seen all that if it happened so long ago?

Angela: Well, I'm a fallen angel. Many of us have been around for longer than time itself. But early on, I tripped over someone's wing and fell down. That's why I wear the big boot, ya know. I twisted my foot and......

Zorak: Oh, hush. Back to the issue: Human hasn't ridden in a long time, she hasn't grilled anything in months, she reads maps all the time, and taps on that electric thing on her lap driving me nuts, and....

Wiley: Yeah, I haven't gone for a ride in a way long time!!!

IMG_9648.jpg

Zorak: Waaaait a minute! You ALWAYS get to go for rides. I don't get to go anywhere anymore except for guarding the kitchen. I USED to ride in that big truck, but NOOO! Now she rides those two-wheeled things and YOU always get to with her!

Bernard: Oh bother, you are all a bunch of whiners. Can I go back to reading now?

Lotus: I beseech you to be quiet and resume your places as you were! You are making quite a ruckus in here and it is annoying!

Wiley: Pssstttt..... Zorak. Who's THAT? Why does she have all those weapons? I'm scared........

Zorak: Don't worry about it. I'll handle this.

IMG_9652.jpg

Excuse me, my dear Lotus Flower. See, we wish to resolve a delicate matter here by having a meeting. Um, I don't think it is necessary for you to bring your most lovely self and your arsenal. See, we are a most gentle group and only wish to bring happiness to this, um, big box in which we all live.
Now, please. I really think you can drop the weapons and........[whispering] I really think you need to see someone about your attire and, lady, lose the white face paint.

Okay, back to business. Where's Bernard?

IMG_9663.jpg

Wiley: He sneaked back to his reading. Hey, looky here!

IMG_9653.jpg

Weeee!!!! I get to go for a ride after all!!

Zorak: Argh! Nice horsey, be nice and take the mad coyote for a little ride and get him out of my hair.

IMG_9654.jpg

Shiela: THAT IS MY HORSE! You STOLE him from me!

Zorak: Look, lady. I don't know where that monstrous thing came from, I don't want anything to do with it, and can't we all just get along? Please don't point that gun at me. Okay?

IMG_9655.jpg

Bernard: I'm staying up here for awhile where it's safe.

IMG_9656.jpg

Zorak: Look, Wiley, old chum. Let's just find out what this two-wheel thing is all about and maybe we can help Human be her old self again.

Wiley: Okay. Since Bernard is sitting up on Mr. Bill's head, I'll show you.

IMG_9657.jpg

See, this is a motorycycle. And this one here is almost what Whee looks like. Whee is the big blue bike; he's kinda the master and Human's most treasured steed. They fit like a hand in a glove and I think they talk to each other in a language I can't hear. She's always smiling when they go for rides, and he takes her to work and back. They go on long long trips, too, and I think that is what she misses the most.

The other bike is smaller and like a little kid. Naughty one, too, sometimes. She likes to skip, jump and run through water and stuff. Human likes her, too, 'cause they go out into the forests and desert. It's kinda like when I used to run, hop and play with my kid brothers and sisters.

Both of these two-wheeled things mean a lot to our Human. I'm not sure why, but I think I know. It's like when I would run full out with my legs pumping, covering ground, smelling all the smells around me, feeling my paws hit the ground and push off, feel the wind whip my hair and muzzle and when I jumped from one hill to another....... it's a feeling that nothing else can give me. It must be what it is like to fly, like the big birds up there as they coast on the thermals.

And she hasn't done any of that in a long while.

Zorak: Wow. I remember when I was small and running from the girl mantis', how neat if felt to fly, even if it was to save my life.......

Wiley: Yup, our Human likes to travel more than anything else. I think it's in her blood or something. She gets itchy when she hasn't gone in a long while. She likes to see places and meet strangers. She told me there are many wonderful things to see, smell, hear, touch and experience. Like this place here; she really wants to go there.

IMG_9659.jpg

Zorak: Wow! That is awesome. I'd like to go too, but I don't think they would have a grill there.

Wiley: Sheez, Zorak. Can't you do anything else but grill food?
Now, this is another place she wants to go.

IMG_9662.jpg

She said that people lived in these places long long ago. And they just disappeared. No one really knows what happened to them. But she likes to visit where they lived because there is a sense of place that few can connect with, that modern time has almost erased. And some day it will be gone forever. But she wants to see and hear their stories.

Zorak: I was there once, I knew who lived there.

Wiley: You did not! You're only a praying mantis!
Why do they call you a praying mantis anyway?

Zorak: We pray that we don't get eaten by our wives.

Wiley: Hey, Bernard is back down. Reading again.

IMG_9664.jpg

Zorak: Why is it blurry?

Wiley: 'Cause Bernard speed reads.....

He really likes that magazine. So does our Human. So, let's hope that she can get back on her two-wheels again and ride soon. I'm gonna take a nap.

Zorak: [muttering] You just want to ride yourself......... I'm going back to the kitchen now.

I will wait for you.......

NightEyes2.jpg

Max says he misses riding too, and that Spank gets to go to all the good places. I'll have to see if his passenger's license has been renewed and get him abck out on the bike... ;-)

The only one of those I had heard of was Zorak and that was from junior high, seems like someone has too much time on their hands and lives in their mom's basement. lol

Elzi, next time you need a couch to ride on to a pie run, I'll do the extra 200 miles. It's obviously a mental health issue at this point. :rofl:

Hey, I tho it was bloody brilliant... but...*** do I know, my favorite cartoons are Crayon Shinchan and Dragonball Z...... <ROFL>
Mary

Who needs a cushy back seat????

I was at a certain breakfast run this morning where I saw a Sherpa with a solo rider that hobbled quite a bit as SHE walked into the place.

Bout time.....

the video is odd but the song is what I was looking for....

Wow. You didn't just experiment with drugs....you were into FULL SCALE RESEARCH!

:lol2:

Just busting your chops....it was....very....imaginative..yeah! That's it! Imaginative!

Elzi, next time you need a couch to ride on to a pie run, I'll do the extra 200 miles. It's obviously a mental health issue at this point. :rofl:

I was thinking this might be her handiwork, but the gimp boot was on the wrong foot, so it must be somebody else.

LZ, it was good to see you out at the Blue Hanger.
:clap:

It's good to know I'm not the only one who photographs his toys.

robots1.jpg

Zoltar: I'm about to whip your ***.

Vortron: Bring it!

I was thinking this might be her handiwork, but the gimp boot was on the wrong foot, so it must be somebody else.
Wiley made me do it!

LZ, it was good to see you out at the Blue Hanger.:clap:
I had a blast with everyone and with all the planes. It was a great way to share breakfast! I'll have to go more often.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who photographs his toys.
geek check..... :mrgreen:
Comics Buyers Guide and Toyfare magazines from years back have been an inspiration. :trust: (Toyfare often did skits with action figures; so hilarious!)

Occasionally I'll watch the clips from Space Ghost Coast to Coast on YouTube. Zorak at his usual self (and Moltar silent as usual). Brings back fond memories of three scientists in Austin on Friday nights (we didn't have a life ;) )

Blink, blink!

Occasionally I'll watch the clips from Space Ghost Coast to Coast on YouTube.

The first season of SGCTC is what put Cartoon Network on the map and paved the way for Adult Swim. To this day, I still can't get enough Brak:

I'm BACK!!! :trust:
:thumb:

So, you made it after all. You were complaining of dizzy - after reading this I can't understand why... ;-)

OK, where did you get the "Mantis" toy? I think the wife needs one of those as a mascot for her new scoot - they kinda look alike...

frontwheels_5055q.jpg

:shrug:

So, you made it after all. You were complaining of dizzy - after reading this I can't understand why... ;-)

Chuck.
She "made it" last week.
This week Elzi was dizzy..............................

So, you made it after all. You were complaining of dizzy -
Look at the dates, Chuck ;-) I was really dizzy all day with a fever 1/2 day yesterday. No ridey.

OK, where did you get the "Mantis" toy? I think the wife needs one of those as a mascot for her new scoot - they kinda look alike...
Zorak was given to me by a friend many years ago; the three of us used to watch Space Ghost every Friday night when I lived in Austin. You might watch eBay for one; not sure if you can find one commercially anymore.

I look forward to seeing the new Mantis Mobile!

Look at the dates, Chuck ;-)

Well, I was catching up on my unread stuff & read it all at once - thought it all was more recent - sooo, sue me! :thpt:

Zorak was given to me by a friend many years ago; the three of us used to watch Space Ghost every Friday night when I lived in Austin. You might watch eBay for one; not sure if you can find one commercially anymore.

I look forward to seeing the new Mantis Mobile!

OK, thanks - Zorak is the name of the bug - I'll start looking...

Back