• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Almost ran into a Stop sign runner

C

Chango

At approx. 9:45 this morning i was travelling north on hwy 36 in Sealy after having breakfast at Tony's. I was the only Vehicle Northbound or Southbound for about 100 yds. All of a sudden:eek2: i saw a truck fly past the stop sign to my left and crossing my path at speed !!!! I braked and slid within 2 inches of the passenger door . The $%%^^%%#@* driver didnt even notice me and kept. going. When i began to slide i was worried about laying it down and sliding under the vehicle and being ran over. I had nowhere to go. Drum brakes sure worked good on the old GS. Got home (1/2 mile away) and had to shake off the jitters.

:eek2: *#^@!#$* SO GLAD you came away from that with only the jitters. Haven't had any seriously close calls like that yet...but if I do, I hope I can handle them as well as you did. And I'm with DixonDuke...go buy a lottery ticket..it's your lucky day!:sun:

:eek2: *#^@!#$* SO GLAD you came away from that with only the jitters. Haven't had any seriously close calls like that yet...but if I do, I hope I can handle them as well as you did. And I'm with DixonDuke...go buy a lottery ticket..it's your lucky day!:sun:

+1 too bad you didn't get license #!!

i saw a truck fly past the stop sign to my left and crossing my path at speed !!!!

Glad you're ok.

Those incidents make me want revenge. You just have to take comfort in the fact that a driver that bad is probably going to pull out in front of an 18-wheeler soon. Karma.

i saw a truck fly past the stop sign to my left and crossing my path at speed !!!!

Time to change the stop sign at that intersection

346013455_asJzd-L.jpg

One of the many lessons I stressed when my kids learned to drive was the concept of clearing the intersection visually before going through. If you had not been watching cross traffic as many do not, this story may have been very different.

Good job getting shut down to a stop.

Glad you're ok.

We can only hope karma catches up to him. Wait a minute, I don't believe in Karma. We can hope he gets what is coming to him sooner than later.

Glad you're ok.

We can only hope karma catches up to him. Wait a minute, I don't believe in Karma. We can hope he gets what is coming to him sooner than later.

I hear ya...however many instances of Karmic retribution and correlation are also evident in the Bible...esp. in the OT. "Reap and ye shall...."

Being born again in the Hindu way or reincarnation into another form of life based on one's accumulated karma does not agree with me though.

RB

Back