• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RTE 8-16-08 Bastrop - Kendra's Roadhouse

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Just got in here. Only got a little drizzle on us on the way home, but we were lucky. The Clouds to the west,north, and south of us were pretty dark until we got close to navasota. Then It was pretty dark to the south, squeaky's and justJ's ride home looked pretty damp from our vantage point looking south.

rainyday_smilie.gif

Tina and I will sift thru the pics and post them.
foto_smilie.gif

I want to tell everyone how cool it was to come around the corner at the roadhouse and see all the bikes lined up outside. I hope everyone had a great time and a safe trip. I also hope you got a chance to meet at least a couple of fellow TWTexans you had not met before. I was told "thanks" many times today and I would like to say it is a pure joy to be able to ride and meet such good people for lunch. I am humbled by your appreciation of what is truly a small task. I appreciate the fact that so many came out for the RTE.

thanks.gif

ps for ron--I am sorry we got separated before the park road ride. We had to make a gas run and somewhere I missed you. I appreciate the offer to guide us thru the park. We'll ride again some other time. PM me the info on the restaurant you were telling me about today.

ps for jerry--thanks for the tour. I always enjoy our visits.

Last edited:
Made it home after an enjoyable day of riding. It felt good to bet the GS back underneath me again.

I enjoyed meeting the new folks today and its always good to see 'virtual' friends again in real life, the burger was pretty good to.

353043700_KraLr-L.jpg

I found some, new to me, nice and twisty roads on the way home too.
353039210_TxXFk-L.jpg

Yeah, it was... um... WET getting home.

But you meet the nicest people taking cover in gas stations! :mrgreen:

It was very nice meeting everyone today. This was my first TWT trip, but it certainly won't be the last. Kurt and I had a nice ride back to Round Rock and Georgetown. I stopped in Taylor to pick up some Louis Miller BBQ for dinner and the line was out the door. I went next door to Rudy Mikeska's which I had never tried and it was very disappointing.....dry brisket and nasty potato salad.....see ya on the next one, Bill

Thanks Jack for the open invitation and putting together the RTE in Bastrop, my wife and I had a great time at Kendra’s and a nice ride to and from Bastrop, we only got to meet a few TWT members but next time we will mingle about and meet everyone we can, hope to see everyone again soon……Till then happy riding everyone!!!

O’ by the way we were on the blue Bandit.

Here's a few of the couple of hundred pics Tina took today.
click here for the top 54 of them in my photobucket. I don't want to kill the page loading by posting all 54 here. I am going to post most of the ones from the roadhouse, if you wish to see more click the link. :) (click grid or slide show in top right corner in photobucket for bigger pics that are easier to see.)

P1040833.jpg

P1040817.jpg

P1040784.jpg

P1040783.jpg

P1040780.jpg

P1040778.jpg

P1040777.jpg

P1040774.jpg

P1040769.jpg

P1040768.jpg

P1040764.jpg

P1040763.jpg

P1040762.jpg

P1040759.jpg

P1040756.jpg

P1040753.jpg

P1040752.jpg

P1040751.jpg

P1040747.jpg

P1040746.jpg

I didn't take the camera out much on the road for some reason (even when it was sunny and dry) but I did get a few.

Tina and neither of her husbands :lol2:

353336201_m5ykr-O.jpg

The other half of our table

353336287_FMnTL-O.jpg

Jack's table

353336375_itdSD-O.jpg

353336454_tAaYC-O.jpg

Hardy's table

353335943_Yfm85-O.jpg

We met a bunch of folks ducking out of the rain in Ellinger. It was the first covering we could find once the deluge started and lucky for us it had a table and chairs in the back. We got some snacks, watched the radar images on J's phone, and waited.

These two were headed back to Austin from Houston and were still in pretty good spirits. ;-)

353336003_B2KEN-O.jpg

When the rain let up enough to continue on, we went down a few exits to get J some rain gear at Columbus Cycle Shop. I'd always seen it on the side of I10 but I'd never stopped - they had a pretty good selection and very friendly folks that let us park up on the curb (under the awning) and drip all over their store.

By the time he'd bought rain gear and we were ready for the push for home, the sky was starting to clear up a lot more.

353336069_yaFRH-O.jpg

Big thanks to Jack for taking the initiative to put these diet-undoing RTEs together, and thanks to Kenny and J for putting up with my routing ideas and, um, guesses... :doh:

I had a great time yesterday, and it was good to see everyone! Good conversation, food and fellowship was had by all! Thanks for the pass into the park Jack, that was a very enjoyable ride! As you know I had to work at 4 and that only took me 45 minutes, then I headed down to cabellas in Buda to waste some time, but ended up spending 4 hours waiting out the monsoon before I donned the rain gear and headed out. ( It sure was difficult to spend that much time at cabellas, I tell ya :-P) made it home just fine and really didn't hit much rain north of buda.

Thanks again for the RTE organization Jack, it was a great success, and the pictures look great!

Motorcycles, good food and friendly folks are a winning combination.
I truly enjoy these RTE events!
352979774_6W9RK-M-1.jpg

352979652_ddniu-M.jpg

352979450_oCS6A-M.jpg

352979521_jHyor-M.jpg
353157900_KKkKH-M.jpg

Bye... ride safe, see ya'll next month!

:rider:

With the exception of the pouring, drenching rain, it was a great time and the bacon cheeseburger was well worth it! :eat:

The rain ... well, we stopped in Ellinger while the "red" radar image was pretty much right over us. Water was pooling on the road, visibility was awful; it truly sucked. :storm: But thankfully, it let up after an hour or so. What Squeaky neglected to mention in the story of the gas station ... well, I didn't have any rain gear (as I'm sure everyone has guessed) and I was so soaked that water the pouring out of the arms of my jacket. So ... there were a couple of "streams" under where my jacket was hanging. Fortunately, the folks at the gas station (it's a Shell on 71 in Ellinger) were kind enough to let us hang out until the storm abated.

Thanks to Squeaky and Kenny for a great ride and good company! Well ... except for one little part of the ride, it was great. Squeaky took us down a little road that will now be renamed to "Squeaky's Revenge". "It was paved the last time I went down it!" Yeah, right. :rolleyes: Revenge for what? Well, I'm not sure ... maybe the comment about meeting on Wed (which was a DUH!) or making a comment that I could outrun her. I'm not sure. But ... where this road was paved, the pavement had little pebbles sticking up out of it. Where it wasn't paved ... Now, I'm sure that this little road was fun on the V-Strom, but on my Ninja it wasn't so much fun. BUT ... when she asked if I wanted to skip it, I decided that I wouldn't let her show me up.

Hey, I told you to turn around when I realized what the road looked like. You said no, you'd be ok... :shrug:

You were a trooper though. You trudged on through whatever came at ya all day and it was quite an adventure.

Jack,

I scooted across the road to the park entrance and waited a few minutes. Could not see thru the trees that you guys were gone. Thought you may not know what the entrance was................

Thanks for organizing the gig.got to put a few faces to names.

Will send the info on Murphys Steakhouse.

Ron

Looks like a ton of fun!

Sorry I missed this one. Unfortunately had some unexpected things come up for Saturday.

Keep the pics coming! :mrgreen:

It was nice to meet some new folks, I left kind of early to take care of some other business in the area. I need to make more of an effort to attend more of these rides. Kurt, I saw you looking at the B12!

:bigokay: to Jack & Tina for leading us over to Bastrop and back. It was just us and Pkiser in the Huntsville group. This is my first RTE and I was surprised about the number of people who participated. Nice job for organizing this Jack. :thumb:

Squeaky took us down a little road that will now be renamed to "Squeaky's Revenge". "It was paved the last time I went down it!"

Nice to meet you JustJ. Looks like Squeaky initiated you already. :-P Just b/c you have a sportbike does mean you can’t do a little ds-ing. :flip:

Jerry: You seem really at ease with your picture taking. Nice to actually talk to you after the RTE. Thank you for taking us through the park.

Great pics! Wow 3 Phoenix helmets in one place:giveup: just the other day someone mentioned to me that they had never seen one before.

Back