• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

12 states, 7 days and ~3000 miles...

bones

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Zubak
Just got back Friday. I was beat and tired of hoteling it so I hauled from Jackson, MS to home here in Iowa about 750 miles.

August 15-24th. I will try to update this day by day if I can/feel the desire rather than waiting till the next week to try to get it all in one thread.

Left from work Friday at 4 for Attica, IN for the last regular season www.xrra.com race of the season. Blazing it down the interstate @ 80~ the whole way. FYI Illinois does not have gas stations every 5-10 miles. I had to go OFF the interstate 12 miles just to fill up, so that burned 30-45 minutes. I just wanted to get there to drink beer with my boys!

Saturday 8-16 was the race. We (Team 555) are not contenders, rookie season, but have networked real well, have a lot of respect and Saturday put on one helluva show.

Wyatt flopped on his side and hit reverse and righted it and finished with yet another flat BFG Crawler. :cry
353775404_WJdEo-L.jpg

final race #4 we were in the running to finish all 4 races for our first time this season. Well Wyatt caught a tree and did an impressive roll and almost righted it once again, but it was not meant to be. Crowd favorite by far.
353776396_UnypY-L.jpg

353776973_92zud-L.jpg

Just an impressive jump from another competitor.
353775937_naubn-L.jpg

Sunday 8-17
What a day! I was 20 miles out of Indy and stopped for food. NO WALLET!!! Searched the entire contents of my bike 4 times. Nuttin....go back to Attica Inn. Nothing. Backtracked my last 24 hours....nuttin. I put my last $4.34 in the bike and went to the party site from the night before. Nobody found anything. I was getting to the point I was going to have family use their CC at a gas station and just go home. Sitting at a park in Attica, went through my stuff again. Go to pick up my tank bag and see a buldge in the front of the bag.....there it was in a hidden storage spot I had no idea existed (just got this bag a few weeks back). So off I went at about 2:00

Rode through DT Indianapolis, IN for giggles. SCCA event going on, that I hit the very end of.
353756260_kTJ3U-L.jpg

Stopped at what I called a river walk for lack of better terms to have a Rockstar and a smoke. I have still not eaten today and was getting a bit worn out so I jetted outta town.
353756788_TP8j8-L.jpg

353756652_iZphB-L.jpg

In Cincinnati, OH tonight, went and had me some Pappadeaux's seafood and a black n tan.
353757126_i8v85-L.jpg

353757555_BtHjj-L.jpg

353757677_CWxkd-L.jpg

Random
353757230_BUAea-L.jpg

Tuesday I hit Deals Gap. Very nice area, I highly recommend it. Going to see if any of the local photogs have any pics of me going through in the next couple days to get some action shots.

Sadly by the 3rd time through I felt real confident in my cornering and can see how some get in over their heads. Thankfully for me I am focused on getting home and not dragging pegs all day long.

All my pics are here http://30bones.smugmug.com/gallery/5708850_7m8Be#352229332_tQfFq

355145159_XzsJn-L.jpg

This was at the north end and my first trip through (went 3 times I think) 2 or 3 of these coaches going through. I didn't think much until I went through. :huh Anything larger than a truck should not be allowed through there IMO
355146865_cieTz-L.jpg

355150550_wJ5yb-L.jpg

357117886_vMvZP-L.jpg

Went to a friends in MS and decided to take out his new buggy and jump the snot out of it. Lands like a Caddy if you land right. :rofl:

357095570_DtJtR-L.jpg

What don't I like about the Sprint? Not a whole lot. Might need a seat mod or Corbin (not a fan), 07-08 bars to get them up and back a bit. Other than that it needs nothing. Low of 40mpg and a high of 49. Prolly a 46ish average. Very happy, it gets looks and tons of compliments.

I will add more, but I am off to go grab some food and relax a bit more before I return to reality (work) tomorrow.

Sure was. If I am to do that long again, I would prefer to go with a small group or at least another rider. Get's pretty boring at times.

Back