• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run Ride Report - Bluebonnet Cafe August 2008

There was a convoy of charter buses heading east on 10. Brought me back to reality after the bad news and thinking about what lies ahead for a lot of folks on the coast.

So you decided to head back to Houston instead of staying in the Hill Country?

Safe and sound at home. Scubalizard, MikeyLikesIt, another rider (whose name i forgot :doh: ), and myself were almost taken out by an aggressive driver driving a pickup truck on 290 :eek2: What a range of emotions today, great to be there, great rides, then that, the report of the collision, the hurricane.....

myself and my friend carl (who now is hooked on pie runs) made it home alright. i seen that scubalizard has already posted so he is home too. it was a great pie run!! had a lot of fun and meeting some great people! thanks maverick for leading us there and thanks to euromedic for leading us back. and you too squeaky for helping!! and every one else that was there, cant wait till next month. too early chuck??
will try to post up some pics later.

Great seeing so many new faces and the previous Pie Runners as well. Good food, good folks, good visit and spiffy new name tags to boot :thumb:
P8300086.jpg

P8300088.jpg

P8300089.jpg

P8300087.jpg

P8300093.jpg

P8300100.jpg

P8300099.jpg

I was wondering if you were there Art. Turns out I was staring in your direction in the fourth picture... In my defense there was a new Strom between me and you. ;)

After an unexpected delay at beautiful Park Rd 4 (key switch went out) we hot wired the bike and made it home. Had a great time, hope to see everybody at the next one--where I'm only 12 miles from home if we experience technical difficulties again instead of 300 miles (and I'm ordering 2 key switches--1 for spare to be kept in the saddlebag). And thanks to Art for keeping us company!

On another note, let's keep the injured rider and her family in our prayers.

Looks like I missed a good one, but I awoke with a sinus headache
and the meds to clear it up meant no bike riding for me this morning

Pulled into Blue Bonnet at about 11:20, lots of folks there, but Chuck hadn't made it in yet so there were no names

Never did get a name tag.

Yes, very sorry about that :oops: - I was very late and was only able to get maybe half of the nametags passed out. Some to folks on the way out, so they got a souvenir nametag.

Thanks to Soozy for helping pass them out - she is responsible for most of the folks getting one.

On another note, let's keep the injured rider and her family in our prayers.

As several others have mentioned, this has put us in shock.

Fortunately, another problem (besides Casey's and Zed's electrical ones) ended up OK, for the most part. Lee (wildebube) had trouble with a rear tire/tube on his Dakar and it blew out on him near Glen Rose. I was still on the road but stopped north of Cleburne to check a phone message from KLR Dave, Lee's BIL. Anyway, with DFW_Warrior Bill's help, they got Graubart Bill's phone and got things taken care of. :thumb: to the pair of Bills for the help

I was also late to dinner at my son's and daughter-in-law's place near Denton. :doh: Total of 562 miles on the odometer today for me - I'm really tired.

.......I was also late to dinner at my son's and daughter-in-law's place near Denton. :doh: Total of 562 miles:eek2: on the odometer today for me - I'm really tired.

:tab A very long day for you Chuck.

:tab You need assistants................
council.gif

myself and my friend carl (who now is hooked on pie runs) made it home alright. i seen that scubalizard has already posted so he is home too. it was a great pie run!! had a lot of fun and meeting some great people! thanks maverick for leading us there and thanks to euromedic for leading us back. and you too squeaky for helping!! and every one else that was there, cant wait till next month. too early chuck??
will try to post up some pics later.

Mikey,
It was great meeting you guys and having lunch with you and Carl. Hope we can do it again soon!
David
(Treffin)

I enjoyed as well, looks like i had the only Bandit 1250s again, Whats up with that? Parking was not a problem and even though there was a short line to get in, It moved along and the food was great...Thanks to all the TWT folks who put this on, Its a really good thing. SZ.

Nope! There was atleast one "Faster" Black 1250 there. I was able to talk to him for a few mins. He bought the bike in NY:eek2: and had it ship to TX.

Mine was seating at home taking a break with a friend we picked up the other night. (one extra large paper clip in the rear tire :doh: :doh: )

Salute to all the great TWTs we met today: Snoopster & Eric, Chuck (thx for the name tag), Voyage Rider, Randy, Bill, Pooh bear (sleepover?!), Soozy, Scott (the Man), Ghost Rider, Graubert, Ralph, Sunkist, the DR650 rider (forgot the name), and so many others, and most of all--Squeaky (she's as nice in person as she is here online). We really had a great time looking at all the bikes and talking to people. Looking forward to the next pie run to Blessing.

cheers!
Richard, Jesse (rider on the Strom), Scorch
vstrom21.jpg

vstrom25.jpg

vstrom29.jpg

vstrom31.jpg

vstrom33.jpg

vstrom35.jpg

vstrom36.jpg

Thanks for sharing all the photos! I rarely bring my camera to these events anymore. After looking at the photos, I see that I missed plenty of people (new and old). Not sure how that happened. :doh:

We made it home safely after logging close to 400 miles for the day. Everyone in my group Kathy(ladyrider), Buck & Betty (buck&betty), Chuck & Barbara, and Charlotte ejoyed meeting everyone. We had a great ride, but hated to hear about the accident.
Luv the name tags Chuck.
I will put up some pictures later.
Marty

We made it home safely after logging close to 400 miles for the day. Everyone in my group Kathy(ladyrider), Buck & Betty (buck&betty), Chuck & Barbara, and Charlotte ejoyed meeting everyone. We had a great ride, but hated to hear about the accident.
Luv the name tags Chuck.
I will put up some pictures later.
Marty

We've got pics too, but we've gotta board up in case Gustav makes a turn towards us, will try to post them later.

Nope! There was atleast one "Faster" Black 1250 there. I was able to talk to him for a few mins. He bought the bike in NY:eek2: and had it ship to TX.

My bad, I'll have to rewind my cam corder and check for evidence of this sighting, Do the black ones show up on film? I have yet to see one of the "faster" black 1250s in real life! I wonder if he bought it from onieda suzuki, They seem to have plenty of Bandits at below list prices. SZ.

:( The rain made me miss it. I woke up all bright and early to a thunderstorm. Normally I'd throw on some rain gear and saddle up but the bikes been kinda..."eh" lately. left fork has a blown seal, chain is all nice and rusty from being an "outside" bike, and I'm feeling a new set of tires here soon. sometimes i really dis-like motorcycles :\

Well, it seems that the Saul wasn't the only one to have bike trouble or trouble at all for that matter. Many prayers to that dear girl and her BF. God Bless them and all of our TWTs out there! Please remember that you have to ride defensively (even when you're in the car). Don't ride if you're too tired. Make frequent stops to re-energize. And remember... if you're stranded on the side of the road -- Call Aquamom to the Rescue! Best wishes to all of you!

Well, it seems that the Saul wasn't the only one to have bike trouble or trouble at all for that matter. Many prayers to that dear girl and her BF. God Bless them and all of our TWTs out there! Please remember that you have to ride defensively (even when you're in the car). Don't ride if you're too tired. Make frequent stops to re-energize. And remember... if you're stranded on the side of the road -- Call Aquamom to the Rescue! Best wishes to all of you!

Saul - Are you paying attention??? Hold on to this woman for dear life!!!! ;)

:clap:

I enjoyed our first pie run. We arrived a bit late (about noon) after waiting at several stops for other riders to join our group, but we did make it. After eating, we rode to Llano via Park Rd. 4 and Burnett. I was so tired I couldn't go any further than Llano, so we got hotel rooms for the night about 3:00 in the afternoon. The group had supper at Cooper's BBQ, but I didn't make it out of the hotel room. I ran a fever most of the night and ran back and forth to the bathroom most of the night and felt somewhat better by morning.:( At least the fever was gone.

This morning we headed south on 16 through Fredricksburg, Kerrville, and a stop for pie in Medina. Gloria dropped her bike on the switchbacks before Medina when a truck stopped in the road ahead of her on a grade. Sapo and several bystanders helped her pick the bike back up and she went on her way. We fought our way through traffic in Bandera, then took 173 south around San Antonio and, finally, back to Corpus Christi. Total mileage, just over 600 miles.

I'm not sure what caused my stomach problems, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the food at the Blue Bonnet. Hopefully, next time we do a pie run, it will be without the side effects.

Thanks to those who organized and hosted the event. We look forward to future ones.

Luv the name tags Chuck.

Yes...thanks Chuck for taking the time and entering in over 120 names on the computer with the corresponding avatar. That must have taken quite some time.

I also enjoyed the spirited test ride of Ghost Rider's new C-14....gotta love that engine. GR, you are a true gentlemen and scholar!

Happy Trails,

Red Brown

Well this is certainly a more somber reply than what i had originally planned to post. Casey first of all i would like to thank you Rusty and Justin for the great ride on the way out to Marble Falls. Everyone i met up with there was fantastic and i am really glad that i came out for this. Also glad to hear that you recovered the side panel off your DR. :clap:
I remember the crew parked just beside with the DRZ sm but never got a chance to speak with them. I am really saddened to hear of this. Thank god she is going to come through. I don't know what 1431 used to be but i do know that this is not an uncommon scene on this road. On our way out to Boulder Creek 3 weeks ago we come up on a car with the hood and roof smashed in, about 75 ft further on there was what looked like a VStar. It is a shocking scene and it makes the heart sink to hear about this kind of news. When we were out on the twisties today having a great time outside of Leaky i counted more than 3 oncoming cars drifting into our lanes on the blind corners. We were having a great time but seeing those kinds of things can really keep you holding back.

Back