• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Therapy Ride to Fayetteville

Reaction score
Our beloved and loyal companion Hasso passed away on September 4th in the afternoon.

StPatricksDay.jpg

Although we both knew that Hasso was getting old, it was still a hard pill to swallow knowing that he had passed on. So I decided to go on a ride today to help me sort my emotions.

I left work bright and early.

DSC00638.jpg

Stopped at the local javahouse, and these two decided to show up while I had my breakfast :sun:

DSC00639.jpg

This is supposed to be an image of of uban landscape, except my finger was in the way :doh:

DSC00640.jpg

Sun rising behind me....

DSC00641.jpg

....but not fast enough yet. It was a crisp morning, so I had to stop and put my rainsuit on in order to block the windchill :haha:

DSC00643.jpg

The male Longhorn was near the fence when I passed the field, but by the time I turned around he was not interested in a photo op.

DSC00644.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

The road became more interesting....

DSC00646.jpg

Market Day in Bellville. Something to visit with the wife one day :clap:

DSC00647.jpg

I choose to traverse some lesser known avenues :rider:

DSC00648.jpg

Eventually, I arrived in Fayetteville. Nice car. I choose to have some breakfast at Orsak's.

DSC00650.jpg

As fate would have it, there was a ceremony regarding Fayetteville's placement into the National Registry of Historic Places. Not every day you get to witness history in the making.

DSC00651.jpg

The old courthouse.

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

First post office west of Galveston, established by Friedrich Ernst in Industry in 1831.

DSC00658.jpg

Riding back towards home.

DSC00660.jpg

The Frankfurt/Rhine area used to be my home :sun:

DSC00661.jpg

Old fort on La Bahia road turned into a real estate office. Very cool.

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

It was a good, long ride. The literal breeze along your head helps sort out the feelings and emotions one has in a time like this. Now it is easier to say:

So long best friend. I thank you for the privilege to be a part in your life, and for you to be a part in mine.

DSC00614.jpg

Matthew 25:23
His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Sorry to hear about losing your canine friend.

What breed and age was he?

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. We are going through something like that now with what I refer to as the most expensive dog in the world, but she's worth it after what she has done for us. Ah, when you got back to your bike were you parked next to an FJR? We were inside grabbing a bite. We saw you pulling out. It was a beautiful morning to ride.

Sorry to hear of your loss. What a beautiful friend. :-(

Peter, I know the feeling. My dog Buddy goes along with me in my mind each and everytime I ride.

Chuck - he was 14, well beyond the "standard" life expectancy of a large dog. He was near death last year, when his spleen ruptured. I thank God every day for the privilege to have spent another year and 2 months with him. Ultimately, his lower back had a bulging disc (that was treated before) that prevented him from using in hind legs properly. That day, the time had come that enough is enough. He simply could not get up anymore without seeing the agony on him. He went to sleep quickly and is not suffering anymore.

Dennis - I did notice you two pull up, forgive me for being in a somewhat solitary mood today.

Sorry about your loss. Pet loss is a sad day, I have lost 2 over the years I was close to.

Thats nice country for riding, I grew up in Industry and used to play in that
post office as a child, before they restored it and added the glass to the windows. That was long before the park was as nice as it is
now.

Used to be lots of good gravel roads for a DS ride in Austin county

Our oldest lab, Becky Blue, is sittin' outside now. 11 years old, incontenant and no bladder. I am absolutely dreading the day that is fast approaching.

So sorry for your loss, and I'm glad you went for a ride, best therapy.

He simply could not get up anymore without seeing the agony on him. He went to sleep quickly and is not suffering anymore.

Those two sentences are all too familiar for me. Just over 2 years ago and it still hurts. :(

I'm happy the ride helped clear your mind and calm your heart. Our dog is a part of our family also. So sorry for your loss.

Hey Peter my good friend...
So sorry about Hasso. I know that horrible, heart-breaking emptiness that comes from losing a beloved family member. I am glad however that you took your "therapy ride" & hope it helped you keep the sweetness of Hasso on your mind, rather than the loss of Hasso.
Always here for you my friend...

Sorry to hear about your dog. We have a lab named Tucker that looks just like him.

You mentioned living in the Frankfurt/Rhine area. Was it Rhein-Main Air Base by chance?

Back