• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run IX: Blessing on a Beautiful Day 9/27/08 - Merged

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McNabb
Re: Pie Run IX: Falling for Pie - Blessing Hotel 09/27

great morning to ride - four of us headed out of Alvin this morning for the 110 mile ride down to the hotel.

Nice turnout and the food was very good there - as usual.

Finished with 235 miles total..

We made it home and are tired, but not exhausted. The weather was great and the company even better!

:sun:

Re: Pie Run IX: Blessing on a Beautiful Day

Best pie run evah. Of course, I've only been to two :trust:

I enjoyed the after-lunch meet and greet, it was nice to have a shaded park to hang out instead of a parking lot.

cheers!

We ended up doing close to 400 miles for today's delightful pie run. It was good to see everyone and I especially enjoyed test driving the cool assortment of bikes.
trustme.gif
BTW, my riding partner Treybrad wrote a pictorial review of his recent trip with this Bandit to the west this summer.

Thanks Scott for providing the nice selection of TWT shirts and stickers for purchase. Lookin' forward to the world record international TWT pie run coming up in Hutto next month.

Be safe...

RB

840A0257.jpg

840A0258.jpg

840A0259.jpg

about 460 miles, good thing Reggie had a radar detector: passing the idiot SUV (the one that wanted to race) pulled over by LEO... priceless

the lady at the counter said there was a nuclear plant nearby in the 70s, when Blessing was a "boom town"

What a beautiful day for a ride! I was in the mood for a long ride and today was perfect for it. I got in a few minutes before 6pm with 624 miles for the day.

I'm home, too - a few minutes before 8.

I turned around and Rich had left! No problem - I got home solo. :roll:

My upper back and shoulders are very sore & my eyes are tired - 723 miles on the odo and 706 on the GPS over 2 days. :rider:

Details later... :yawn:

Great day for a ride and some pie. Nice to get away from the carnage and sullenness that's everywhere around Clear Lake even if just for a little while.

Thanks again to FJRMike for leading us down in the morning. :thumb:

Props to Chuck for coordinating the event and the copy of the dvd. :clap:

Great to meet and visit with other TWTs. :rider:

What a beautiful day for a ride! I was in the mood for a long ride and today was perfect for it. I got in a few minutes before 6pm with 624 miles for the day.

How are you guys putting that many miles on a bike in one day? Was the last 100-200 miles enjoyable? Tell me your under 25. Your GPS says your moving time was 9:30. Surely your butt was sore.

Last edited:

How are you guys putting that many miles on a bike in one day? Was the last 100-200 miles enjoyable? Tell me your under 25. Your GPS says your moving time was 9:30. Surely your butt was sore.

:tab :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You don't know Rich! On that ST1300, he is like the Energizer Bunny - just keeps on going. His 624 miles is from Fort Worth to Blessing and back - just over 300 miles each way. :rider:

I won't speak for him on soreness but let's just say that his contact area is well padded! :-P

Sorry I had to miss this one and it was right down the road...literally!!! :argh:

I was at work 60 miles away on a beautiful day but couldn't make it... :tears:

Ok, I am under 25, if it makes you feel better. :mrgreen:
Actually I am 46.

I am tired, but not sore at all. Gotta love the Taxi Cab beads on the seat! The last 40 or 50 miles, I was starting to get pretty uncomfortable as I only stopped for about 10 minutes in Waco on the way back. Just long enough to fill the gas tank, empty one bladder, and fill the other bladder.

On the way down to Blessing I rode 285 miles before stopping for gas when it looked iffy that I had enough gas to make it all the way. On the way home I stopped at 216 miles near Waco. I still had gas left, but my Camelbak was empty and I was thirsty. As Chuck mentioned it is relatively easy for me to do that kind of mileage in a day on my ST. Its starting to get a little harder to do long mileage days on my old ZX11.

The real Iron butt guys like LDDave make me look like an amateur.:eek2:

Chuck:

Sorry about leaving without you. As late as you came in for lunch, I figured you were going to be there a lot longer.

Chuck:

Sorry about leaving without you. As late as you came in for lunch, I figured you were going to be there a lot longer.

No problem at all. I didn't leave until 2:00, and yes, I'm usually there a lot longer! :doh:

go home safely. will post picts soon. last 100 miles was tough on the wife. now i have to get a new seat, perhaps it will be attached to a new moto :trust:

:tab Man... I am hurting :lol2: I think we did something just over 450 miles. I have not done that in one day in a LONG time... Many thanks to Pkiser for the loan of his WeeStrom so that I could ride to the event! :clap: Thanks also to all of you that bought shirts and stickers! :thumb: Our ride back was one of those rides where you think you are pounding down the miles but the odometer does not seem to be moving... It took us just over three hours to get down there and close to six to get back :eek2: Many of the gas stations in Hempstead were out of gas, shortages related to Ike apparently. We are not having that problem here in Huntsville :shrug: The ride down and back was awesome. We could not have asked for better weather! :sun: It was great to see everyone and meet some new folks as well. Hopefully, I will be in Hutto next month with at least Beth in tow, and possible one or more of the kiddos.

Code:
I am tired, but not sore at all. Gotta love the Taxi Cab beads on the seat!

Will try those beads

Wished I could have gone but that ride would bear from Dallas.

What a nice day for the ride. Since, I believe, I am the last person in the known universe who uses film to take pictures, I will posting some up later. :giveup: For those that missed this, $8 for lunch with the cobbler or $9.25 if you had the pie instead. I am going back. Nice food and great folks. :clap: :eat: :rider:

Will post pics later today, but wanted to drop in and say what a great time I had! JustJ and I really had a blast and I was thrilled to meet everyone and put some faces to the names. Hopefully, my memory will hold out till next month's pie run. :sun:

Also, I'd like to personally thank jar675 and Dirtrideroader for bringing up the rear behind me, and Squeaky for making sure that I didn't get in over my head. I think I did much better on the way back than on the way down. Still need to work on keeping a better speed on the curves but I'm getting there. ;-) Chuck, thank you for putting on a great pie run! :hail:

Definitely looking forward to Hutto!

Donnie ('07 FJR), Jerry ('06 ZX 14) and I really enjoyed the gathering and had a great time meeting folks. Ended up with a bit over 300 miles taking the long way home back to Montgomery via Spring to keep the Goldwing from getting too jealous of the 14.

Wonderful ride. I put on 378 miles round trip from Austin. It was 63° when I left at 6:30am. Had to stop 30 miles down the road and put on my fleece
under my mesh riding jacket. I had very little traffic except in the small towns along 183 and 111. It was great seeing new faces and the familiar
faces and the bikes, yeas all the bikes (sorry for the drool on the green Triumph). I agree, the "park setting" was very nice to chat and visit. It was
like we had the town to ourselves. Thanks all. Enjoy the pictures.
ps. sorry about the last two panorama pictures. They didn't come out as well as I expected. It cut the Raider in 1/2 :doh: It's a new camera
and I'm still learning. Everyone can't take "Chuck" pictures :giveup:
P9270179.jpg

P9270180.jpg

P9270181.jpg

P9270182.jpg

P9270184.jpg

P9270185.jpg

P9270186.jpg

P9270188.jpg

P9270189.jpg

P9270190.jpg

P9270192.jpg

P9270204.jpg

P9270205.jpg

P9270210.jpg

Link to big panoramic 1

Link to big panoramic 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy everybody had a great time. The food looked and smelled great but, I decided to skip the food (and food coma that would follow) and ride, ride, ride! Since the camera was left on the kitchen counter charging there are no pics. I did around 400 mi. , got lost and had to dig out the gps out of the tank bag and hit the home function to route myself back. Thank god I had the gps, the new kawi V has no ram mounts, or acc. plug yet. Who doesn't love an adventure.:rider:

Back