• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Got ride in Japan

Reaction score
Hi, All,

I got an opportunity to ride in Japan in this October, and would like to share my little experience there. I took express train from the western edge of Tokyo for a couple of hours to join a group ride of DR650 owner's club there. Fortunately, one of them kindly offered to lend his Brazilian Yamaha XTZ125, so I did not have to pack up my DR650 all the way to there.
Many mountains & many fire roads. We all stayed at a mini-hotel, called "pension". The hotel owner has F650 Dakar, and knows all the good routes in that area. With his lead, we all had two-day big blast, and two-day big beer as well...

Some random pictures;

DSCF3281.jpg

DSCF3279.jpg

DSCF3287.jpg

DSCF3285.jpg

DSCF3298.jpg

DSCF3292.jpg

DSCF3311.jpg

DSCF3317.jpg

DSCF3323.jpg

DSCF3331.jpg

DSCF3332.jpg

DSCF3342.jpg

DSCF3355.jpg

DSCF3356.jpg

DSCF3359.jpg

Thanks!
Ken

Too neat Ken.

Thanks for the pictures.And I thought big bend was far away.!!!!!

Very cool Ken! You didn't mention this trip to me last weekend when we were swapping ride stories at La Kiva. We're you drinking or something........ :mrgreen:

Get down with your bad self Ken! looked like a great time. Thanks for the pics. Have always wondered about riding in Japan.

Super Azusa! That's the train I take to get home from Tokyo.

You say you rode it a couple of hours... i would guess that lake is Suwa Lake just south of Matsumoto City?

It's a lot of fun riding on and off road in the mt. area in Japan. I miss it A LOT!

All,
Thanks a lot for your commet!

Stingray Scott,

I thought I did tell that to you, or maybe a guy behind me who just happened to be there. To much beer, cannot remember... :lol2:

Tim,

The mountain is Mt. Fuji. The tallest one in Japan.

Grandelatte,

Wow, you know a lot! Seems you lived there long! Where did you live?

Yes I stayed Tateshina area, and rode around lake Suwa on 1st day, and around Kiri-ga-mine & lake Shirakaba on 2nd day.

Thanks!
Ken

Great pics Texas Dr! One of the best books I've read is James Clavell's 'Shogun'. I've been intrigued by Japan ever since. To see the countryside outside of the modern conjestion by bike must have been a hoot! Thanks for posting!:clap:

P6060149.jpg

Some of the best roads in the world. I love that place. :zen:

Grandelatte,

Wow, you know a lot! Seems you lived there long! Where did you live?

Yes I stayed Tateshina area, and rode around lake Suwa on 1st day, and around Kiri-ga-mine & lake Shirakaba on 2nd day.

I grew up in that area. I lived south east of Suwa City, about 60km. You went through Kofu, my town, on Super Azusa.

Shirakaba Lake and Kirigamine area are great for skiing also. I was there many times a year skiing. This brings back many good memories.

Thanks for the report. :rider: :rider:

Back