• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Louisiana Dual Sport Ride: November 2008

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
PB150178.jpg

A group of eleven.

PB150186.jpg

A bit of mud.

PB150192.jpg

A scared Chip.

PB150195.jpg

A happy Joe.

PB150199.jpg

A spinning Sean.

PB150200.jpg

Cold hand Jack.

PB150204.jpg

A lonely KLR.

PB150203.jpg

A no-longer scared Chip.

PB150211.jpg

A thirsty KTM.

PB150215.jpg

A [Mod. edit] dog

PB150217.jpg

All for everyone to go to Church.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got in and turned on the computer.

Thanks Scott for making the route and the good places to eat each night.

Can't wait til the next time. Glad to meet everybody that showed up and road.

Mud was a blast and some good roads. Everybody that didn't ride today missed the best stuff out of the whole two days. I think I had more fun today than yesterday doing the trail stuff and twisties.

Thanks for the great ride Scott! It was a blast! Especially chasing you down a few of those fire roads at 180MPH!

Next time we'll hopefully be able to make it both days! I see a new 450 KTM EXC coming into Fast Eddie's stable and a new KTM "something" into "Sam the Man's" garage (his 1995 LC4 gets stuck in 3rd gear a lot)!

As soon as the skin grows back on my knee from falling on the asphalt, push starting Fast Eddie's bike (HONDA), I'll be ready to go again!

Thanks again for all the hard work (& fun) you put into the ride so all of us could have fun!

Capt.Jack

Thanks for the great ride Scott! It was a blast! Especially chasing you down a few of those fire roads at 180MPH!

Next time we'll hopefully be able to make it both days! I see a new 450 KTM EXC coming into Fast Eddie's stable and a new KTM "something" into "Sam the Man's" garage (his 1995 LC4 gets stuck in 3rd gear a lot)!

As soon as the skin grows back on my knee from falling on the asphalt, push starting Fast Eddie's bike (HONDA), I'll be ready to go again!

Thanks again for all the hard work (& fun) you put into the ride so all of us could have fun!

Capt.Jack

You better polish that helmet where it smacked the ground too.

Ya'll woulda had more fun on todays ride... but it was fun for us in a small pack.:trust:

:rider:

Creek crossing
DSCN0859.jpg

At least I made it too the TOP first.
DSCN0860-1.jpg

Here come Ken
DSCN0862.jpg

DSCN0863.jpg

This is what Scott was thinking of doing when Bambi ran out in front of him

DSCN0856.jpg

Thanks for the great ride!! Really enjoyed meeting everyone and missed riding today. Looking at a new KTM tomorrow. Jack is stil crying about the little bruise on his knee

Ed:clap:

Whos the guy on the green KLR? Is he from Beaumont area? I met a guy from out this way on our beach run back in the spring

He's from North Carolina... or California... or was it Guam? He mentioned something about Alaska... but his wife came down yesterday from Bossier City, La.

Thanks for the great ride!! Really enjoyed meeting everyone and missed riding today. Looking at a new KTM tomorrow. Jack is stil crying about the little bruise on his knee

Ed:clap:

I'll by your "always getting stuck in 3rd gear" KTM for $500.:trust:

Well Scott,..............Was it as muddy as in the spring when we did it?
And did your friend the "Monk" make an appearance..........
...Doc

Not near as muddy. Maybe 5% of the route was muddy this time instead of 90% like in the spring.

Nope. Brother Michael David didnt show up.... I think it might have been too cool for him in his cloak and lack of underwear.

Scott,
Thanks for putting on a great ride, the roads and hospitality were awesome! Hope to see you in Mexico next month.

Too much fun!

The first five miles nearly killed me but after that all was well. Thanks a ton for putting this together. Will definitely be there (with better tires) for the next one.

Eureka...............I found my Mag Lite flash light. Someone stuck it in my ridding boot,which was in the rear floor board of my truck,and when I unloaded them,I didn't see it until this evening.
I guess Joe didn't like sitting on a 12 inch flash light!

Back