• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Rocks

Soozy

Reaction score
Glen Rose has big rocks and they made a small park around them. Today was a great day to ride, picnic, and see the rocks. Hannah. I mean KomadoreObvious, and I talked Itchy Bob into riding with us. The picnic was our idea and the rocks were Michael's.

We gathered to ride.

001.jpg

002.jpg

040.jpg

Cool place! We made turkey, tomato, avocado, boiled egg sandwiches on wheat bread, yum! A Keebler Elf product with banana slices was a fitting dessert.

Hiking around one can see why the park is called Big Rocks park.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Once again the intrepid team.

010.jpg

011.jpg

Goofing around.

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

020.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

More rocks. I managed to fall off of this arrangement. Of course my gear saved my life and got muddy.

027.jpg

A cute dam. Apparently the original dam was built here by one of Roosevelt's WPA get-us-out-of-depression-by-creating-jobs things in 1934. And the dam dried up these rocks so we can enjoy them.

042.jpg

043.jpg

The clowning Komadore

041.jpg

Possible dinosaur print in fresh mud,

029.jpg

I had not seen cockle burrs in a long time.

032.jpg

So I knew lurking nearby would be a cockle burrasaurus. They are much like a poodle but a lot less fun to pet.

033.jpg

034.jpg

All good dinos pick up after themselves.

038.jpg

We went by the town square to see the sights and found a statue

046.jpg

A court house still decorated for the holidays

047.jpg

A town hall

050.jpg

A water tower

051.jpg

An ancient paw print

048.jpg

And a cool new Ninja

053.jpg

We bid farewell to

052.jpg

I love Big Rock Park. Looks like y'all had a good time. It was a great day to be riding (not working :( )

Did ya clean up the mud ya polluted when ya fell into it? :-P

I am saving the mud on my riding pants and boots. It is ancient mud. Not unlike most mud.

I am sure the knee prints I left in the mud will be mistaken in 5000 years for something interesting. I want you to know that I kept the camera high and safe during the fall.

Back