• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A few pics of today's ride (1-25-2009)

TWTim

Reaction score
The weather was nice again, so we did a repeat ride of last weekend. We ended up in northeast Ector County at Ye Olde Buckhorn.

There were close to 100 bikes while we were there:

tableclosetowerfar.jpg

This is the Buckhorn's cat. He's frisky:

buckhorncat.jpg

This is the Buckhorn's dog. He's tired:

buckhorndog.jpg

Man, you hate to see this, but it is an unfortunate part of the motorcycle culture in West Texas. I wish they had been root beer bottles instead:

dontdrinkandride.jpg

We investigated this fire "on the way" home. I put that phrase in quotations because we actually had to go long out of our way to find it. We could see this fire from Goldsmith. We tracked it down to southern Ector County, south of Odessa. I have no idea what was burning, but the smoke would alternate from white to black, then back to white again repeatedly. It burned all day:

mysteryfire.jpg

It was another laid back, enjoyable day. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary, but as many of you know, just being on a motorcycle is a special occasion in and of itself.

Peace. Everyone have a great week.

Cool pictures, Nice ride, I was on the V Storm all day, Motorcycles everywhere here in West Texas....
Mike

Wow! Looks like I missed out on the fun! I rode some Saturday, 10 minutes to the Mall at 6am 29 degrees, 10 minutes home Saturday night at 10 40 degrees.:giveup:
The local Gold Wing Road Riders club had a Motorcycle awareness thing so we stuck the Heavy Bus in there. Wish I could have rode more!
SRAD

Wow! Looks like I missed out on the fun! I rode some Saturday, 10 minutes to the Mall at 6am 29 degrees, 10 minutes home Saturday night at 10 40 degrees.:giveup:
The local Gold Wing Road Riders club had a Motorcycle awareness thing so we stuck the Heavy Bus in there. Wish I could have rode more!
SRAD

I heard the radio spot for the GWRRA thing, but totally forgot about it. Didn't they do the same awareness event last year?

Back