• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

V-Stroms (and a bunch of others) visit Hard 8 BBQ

Reaction score
First Name
linda
Last Name
rennie
Just got home from the ride and before I take a nap:yawn:I wanted to say how much I enjoyed the ride and meeting everyone. You've all been so kind.
I look forward to my next ride with the group.
And thanks Mark for leading the way back to Dallas.

Nice turnout and a nice day to ride! :rider:

details forthcoming as the riders get in...

What a great get together. Never saw so many V Stroms in one place. Nice to meet some other Stromers. Can't wait for next event.

Great ride. :rider::rider: I chased the fast riders on the way home. I may have to look at the ST1300 a little harder. So many bikes, so little money and even less time......:rider::rider:

What a nice day for a ride. Today's ride started out with a wholesome :eat: Breakfest at the Blue Hanger Cafe in Roanoke.

A quick hour and 40 minutes later we were the first ones at the Hard Eight waiting for the onslaught of Stroms. 20 minutes later others started arriving.

The Stroms were severely outnumbered:eek2:

Chow time:

After eating way too much for lunch, Bill and I took the scenic route home via Jacksboro. Arrived home just after 4:30 with 304 miles for the day.

http://jasonjonas.org/spot/tripViewer.do?id=1033

And never forget this Stromers, especially the ring leader Gilk51:

:nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana:

What a coincidence!! I thought that was you guys that we saw at the "Aprilia goes to hard 8 and brings 1 KTM day"!!!! Ya'll should have come over and said hi. ;-)

495921812_nURmw-M.jpg

Really nice day, enjoyed seeing a big turn out...:sun:

More Photos... But not many...

I am just home after a little detour. 260 miles exactly for the day. Thanks Chuck for a perfect ride. We only got worried once when we passed the warning sign that said that the pavement ends...:eek2:
I got all excited thinking we were going to try the cross country route, but alas, it didn't really end. Darn.
DSC00267.jpg

Great day! I took the long way home, putting some break-in miles on the Connie. I headed south, but I doubt that I could recreate the route. I'm never really completely lost. :doh:

Anyway, I racked up 230 on her for the day. :rider:

I thought that my short list had finally bottomed out at zero bikes for awhile but after seeing ladybeemer's 1150R I started another list. :mrgreen:

Great day! I took the long way home, putting some break-in miles on the Connie. I headed south, but I doubt that I could recreate the route. I'm never really completely lost. :doh:

Anyway, I racked up 230 on her for the day. :rider:

I thought that my short list had finally bottomed out at zero bikes for awhile but after seeing ladybeemer's 1150R I started another list. :mrgreen:

Hey Bill, we took the long way home too - had to test the new seat:trust:. Thanks for the company, I had a great time. Talk to you soon, looks like we might be heading your way next weekend.

Willie

Three V-Stroms from Austin pulled out of the 29/183 Shell at 8:23am. Had a wonderful ride up to Stephenville. I believe thanks are in order to wbrisett (Wayne) for providing the GPS route file. (Thanks Wayne). Fist to arrive was IronWombat on his brand new Red/Orange V-Strom (Love that color).
P3210869.jpg

Next was ChopperDude, again on a brand new V-Strom (ABS). He just got off work pulling a night shift. The ½ way point for us was Gatesville and their wonderful court house (?).
P3210873.jpg

P3210874.jpg

After 142 miles of great riding we arrived.
P3210881.jpg

P3210876.jpg

P3210875.jpg

Saw some new faces.
P3210877.jpg

and some old ones too
P3210882.jpg

P3210885.jpg

Lunch was great
P3210887.jpg

And the company even better
P3210890.jpg

P3210889.jpg

Total miles for our group round trip was 350 ± miles.
Looking forward to the next one folks, Thanks

Hey Art,
Great pics....I got a few outside pics but haven't loaded 'em yet.Wish we didn't have to leave so quickly & miss talkin' with some of the later arrivals(Hi to Chuck & the large Dallas crowd) but I had a family thing to get to.Still....overall a good gatherin' of Stroms... & a bunch of other nice rides too.Be lookin' forward to the next one.....Maybe Schoepf's in Belton or ???

Rod

Just got home from the ride and before I take a nap :yawn:

I just THOUGHT I was going to immediately do a report and pictures - I ended up taking a nap, too. That's why I am up so late. :doh:

We only got worried once when we passed the warning sign that said that the pavement ends...:eek2:
I got all excited thinking we were going to try the cross country route, but alas, it didn't really end. Darn.

I am glad you got a picture of the "tunnel". I saw the sign and thought "Mikeal lied to me!" :eek2: and tried to peer into the shadows. Turns out it worked out just fine. That is a cool connecting road between FM916 and FM1434 (916 just flat ends :shrug: )

It was great to have these two gals with us on the ride. Susan (tortuga) had hurt her back earlier in the week or else she would have joined us, too. And Soozy was up in Colorado for spring break...

The ride from SW Arlington:

Several folks had said they would meet up at the old Minyards and ride down. OK, it's a motley looking bunch. :lol2:

minyardlot_early_6554q.JPG

That's Kevin (KCG), Michael (ItchyBob), Bill (wasabi), and Linda (ladybeemer).
Chris (sharkey) rolled in just after I put the camera away.

Linda rode over from Dallas. She is originally from Scotland and has a cool far East Texas accent ;-)

d70_6555q.JPG

Haven't seen Bill for awhile. He busted his foot back around Thanksgiving and he was very happy to be able to get out and ride again

d70_6556q.JPG

Michael is a Tarrant County regular & decided to try a "group" ride

d70_6557q.JPG

Kevin was new as well and has had his V-Strom since last fall

d70_6558q.JPG

It was still a bit nippy in the morning and several of our group (me included) added liners and winter gloves for the trip to Mansfield and then FM157 to Venus.

Ed (ridingmyklr) had a brother-in-law and some friends riding in from east Texas and meeting up in Midlothian. They then met us in Venus (FM157 and US67).

part of the group of bikes - the two on the right were just pulling out and were not with us

d70_6559q.JPG

The rest of the bikes. I think this is Mark with Janet

venus_exxon_6560q.JPG

Ed was riding another BIL's (Tom) ST1300. That was a shock - I have never seen Ed when he wasn't on his KLR.

A V-Strom snuck into the group:

Venus_bikes_6561q.JPG

There were a bunch of new faces & I should have written names and bikes down but I didn't. :-( Maybe Ed can fill us in...

We left Venus a bit before 9:30 - I think there were 12-13 bikes in the group. Thanks to Janet for riding sweep since I could easily see her dark bike and helmet and silver gray jacket to make sure we had everyone.

routech.jpg

It was a bit over 100 miles from Venus to Stephenville and I thought everyone was gassed up to handle a leg that long but we ended up stopping in Glen Rose. That, plus a fairly easy pace on the FM and county roads put us into the Hard 8 about 20 minutes late. :shrug:

No worries except that I missed a couple of folks that had to eat and get going again quickly.

There were quite a few bikes in the parking lot and the "Hog Pen" was full of a bunch of non-hog type bikes. I recognized a couple of bikes and parked behind Yeeha Stephen's Beemer.

Inside were a bunch of folks - an Austin group, a Burleson Aprilia and KTM group, several DFW small groups, and other folks with familiar faces in singles and doubles from all over the north Texas area.

L18_0399q.JPG

L18_0400q.JPG

L18_0401q.JPG

burleyville_crew_0402q.JPG

L18_0403q.JPG

L18_0404q.JPG

Folks drifted back to the parking lot. I was talking with a couple of the Austin V-Strommers that were wanting to figure out how to change the clock. I got side-tracked and didn't see if they got it done - there were a couple of Zuk riders that had been able to pull it off.

I think Janet is in there somewhere:

janet_6563q.JPG

Bill (Graubart) asked to bring his new Concours rather than his Wee-Strom - I didn't get a picture of him with it but you can see that it is used to parking next to a 'Strom in his garage:

d70_6564q.JPG

Bill has off talking with other folks but it sure looks like a fine machine! :thumb:

Our large group broke up into smaller ones and singles as folks had different plans for the way home. Bill, Chris, Janet, and I took 205 to Glen Rose for a gas stop. Janet took 67 so she could go visit a friend who is recovering in Parkland. Chris and Bill and I took a scenic trip thru Nemo and by Cleburne State Park on the way home.

---

Thanks to all who joined us for the 4th annual V-Strom-only ;-) ride to eat BBQ! :borg:

Thanks Chuck, excellent route. Only got a couple pics worth adding to the report.

Chuck doing his thing.
496922760_ZdFH6-M.jpg

Another map . black going , yellow coming back. or was it the other way? I don't know I was just glad to be on the bike again. :rider:

496902702_4xNNf-M.jpg

Back