• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SW NM/SE AZ Twisty Hunt

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Day 1

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...695,-105.721436&spn=7.208127,7.602539&t=p&z=7

Mining Ghost Town of Lake Valley, NM

5f76132d.jpg

I love these old bridges.
3dacdde2.jpg

Cue the banjo music.
a032f232.jpg

NM152 is a great road.

3692076b.jpg

bd977d9a.jpg

966817be.jpg

05aae283.jpg

What a GREAT backyard...on NM35

87955e67.jpg

608110ce.jpg

Overlook on NM15

e54aece2.jpg

I crossed the Continental Divide numerous times.

2065ff5b.jpg

Day 1 Part 2

I set up base camp at my brother's house in Silver City, NM.
a692a142.jpg

93069790.jpg

Ebenezer provided hours of entertainment...
bfbf6798.jpg

He lurves karaoke...
8abef60b.jpg

4f3cb3a0.jpg

9dc085e0.jpg

820ecb94.jpg

what a great dog...
338edfc3.jpg

0a77d3b5.jpg

42449c07.jpg

Day 2 Part 2

Heavy Equipment
This dump truck was big....
1dd5f3cf.jpg

These were HUGE!!!
65f39027.jpg

00793660.jpg

15c8dd64.jpg

As I was getting ready to pull away from taking pics of the HUGE dump trucks, I looked across the road and saw numerous crosses dotting the cliff. Very weird. It seems as if the mine dominates both sides of the road for many miles. This was the only small spot on the road that was not part of the active mine.
cd582081.jpg

571f09de.jpg

f3eff6b2.jpg

Day 3

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...109.270015&sspn=0.891605,0.950317&ie=UTF8&z=7

I originally had BIG plans for Day 3. A cold front blew in across the mountains leaving snow, rain, and ice in the wake. I do not like riding on ice so I took the southern route home. The morning started out at 22 degrees and warmed up to 38 degrees by the time I got home. I fought strong headwinds and cross winds all the way home. I was cold. But I was happy.
A bundled up US Border Patrol Agent stopped me at the checkpoint east of El Paso, TX. He wondered if it was to cold and windy to be out riding. I told him that I would rather be miserable on a motorcycle than comfortable in a car.
What a great ride.

I seriously want to ride US191. Thanks for the report and pics. Is it just me or are there multiple redundant pics for the first day. :ponder:

What did you have to do to get them embedded on ADV? Did you have to use a special tag?

Nice ride and write up !!

Looks like a trials bike playground or a little 4 wheeled toy with big tire :)

87955e67.jpg

Mike Green

What did you have to do to get them embedded on ADV? Did you have to use a special tag?

Hey Scott,

Here is a link to a google map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl

In the top right corner just above the map is a tab that say "link." When you click on that it opens a small window. You have two options 1)Paste link in email or IM or 2)Paste HTML to embed in website. You copy and paste your choice. I ended up editing my posts and just pasting the "email/IM" links because the HTML would not work for me here.

Not sure why but I am not able to embed videos here either.

Thanks!

We've moved from a pole barn to hunters cabin I am told since we no longer have a dirt floor.

488994973_vodBJ-S.jpg

488993903_w2NCu-S.jpg

Mike Green

Most Excellent!!!

Hmmm...some day I need to two up w/ the mrs. and pay you a visit...

You should have a loaner dirtbike for your faraway guests....

:trust:

Most Excellent!!!

Hmmm...some day I need to two up w/ the mrs. and pay you a visit...

You should have a loaner dirtbike for your faraway guests....

:trust:

Right now I have the ole faithful monster ATK 605 which you can strap your leg over anytime you like. If you want a little more power and lighter I will put you on the KTM 300 exc sitting in my garage. I also can find a few loaner bikes if those do not fit your needs..... :lol2:

Mike Green

Right now I have the ole faithful monster ATK 605 which you can strap your leg over anytime you like. If you want a little more power and lighter I will put you on the KTM 300 exc sitting in my garage. I also can find a few loaner bikes if those do not fit your needs..... :lol2:

Mike Green

:clap:

Right On!!!

I knew that a man of your stature would be looking out for his homies!!!

I may give you a shout in a few months...

Take care.

Hey Sandy!!!

How ya been???

The KLR is anxiously awaiting West Side Road and a couple of days of moto-camping in the Sacrementos this summer. I still ride it about but not nearly as much, Hence the dedicated KLR trips to keep it happy!!! Next year, the KLR is going to take me across the Continental Divide.

:rider:

Back