• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Scotland Riding - Part 2

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
Well Calgary_Yogi and I are on our way to Aberdeen. In fact he just called from the plane and is awaiting take off. I am on a different flight and will leave in a couple of hours. He is connecting in Paris, and I a connecting in London, we both arrive Aberdeen within a hour or so of each other.

Some of you may remember Ana's and Graeme's trip last year, :here:

I am certain that Calgary_Yogi will do his best to make this ride report as good as what Ana was able to do, as we tour the minor roads and major sites that Scotland has to offer.

529952960_pwppo-L.jpg

I will be riding a Honda Trans-Alp, and Calgary_Yogi will be on a Honda Deville.

The weather appears to be typical northern Scotland. Cool to Cold and Wet. Although the mighty weather man on the internet says that we may have sun for Monday - Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed.

Hope the wx is better for you than we had last May. Cold and windy most of the time, when it wasn't drizzly or raining.
You will enjoy though. Enjoy and try all the local food. I did and it was fun. Neeps and tatties were good in the hotel bar restaurants, as were bangers and mash. Best places to eat are the Pub/Hotel Restaurants. Goodly portions and the desserts set the belt line out!

:-)

Oh man...I'm jealous!! Can't wait to hear all about it (with pictures of course). Have fun and ride safe!

The weather has just been awful, the roads are not worthy of riding, the traffic is the worst, and the company is, well... some of you know my host :trust:, Need I say More?

534154428_qxrkX-L.jpg

534163883_oV5Fz-L.jpg

Last edited:
Oh that's just WRONG!!!

Looking forward to more pictures!

HAHAHA looks like those roads have improved quite a bit since the early '60s when I was on many of the same roads... and your bikes are a lot better than mine... an old Matchless. Nevertheless it's one of the best memories of my life. I hope you get plenty of time to stop and enjoy the people as well!

Ed Scott
Utopia

What kind of camera are you using? That first shot is wonderful.

Be safe and have a great time!

Rule of Thirds Duke on the first shot. Geez, did you not learn anything from the class? Ha, I'm busting your chops, great shot!

Why is the cycle riding on the wrong side of the road? That's dangerous.

Lemme know how the Deauville rides. I always wished Honda would bring that here.

Keep up the pics and storytelling when you can. :sun:

A few pictures of mine to keep you folks going until Duke writes up the ride report

Old Clash Song - Walking on the beaches looking for the peaches
IMG_5085.jpg

IMG_5128.jpg

IMG_5186.jpg

IMG_5214.jpg

Now that we rode all the way up here, guess we are going to have to turn around and ride all the way back down
IMG_5228.jpg

Old Scottish song - Over the Sea to Syke
IMG_5319.jpg

FINAL ONE

Caption this picture
IMG_5064.jpg

Is the second next to last photo the road to Applecross? It sure looks nice when its not wet, windy and rainy!

Hey keep a sharp eye out for that annoying Scottish dip stick guy.....Jimmmy

Is the second next to last photo the road to Applecross? It sure looks nice when its not wet, windy and rainy!

Yes it is. We are standing about mile 4 (1 more than we did) or 1/3 of the way to AppleCross. Just an amazing road, just like some many that we have found this trip. :rider:

HAHAHA looks like those roads have improved quite a bit since the early '60s when I was on many of the same roads... and your bikes are a lot better than mine... an old Matchless. Nevertheless it's one of the best memories of my life. I hope you get plenty of time to stop and enjoy the people as well!

Ed Scott
Utopia

I found the roads to be in great condition, the only nit pick would be the sand and marbles in the apex of the corners that you had to be mindful of. The people and the food were simply outstanding!:rider:

What kind of camera are you using? That first shot is wonderful.

Be safe and have a great time!

Thanks, but it was just blind luck, no really. 99.9% of the pictures that I will be posting up were taken with a Sony P&S.

Rule of Thirds Duke on the first shot. Geez, did you not learn anything from the class? Ha, I'm busting your chops, great shot!

Why is the cycle riding on the wrong side of the road? That's dangerous.

Lemme know how the Deauville rides. I always wished Honda would bring that here.

Keep up the pics and storytelling when you can. :sun:

OK Professor....:giveup: The only rule of 3 I was employing was 2 feet on the pegs + Left hand on the handle bar =3. Most of the shots that I will get up anytime soon were all taken with my Sony P&S, while riding. Stick hand in pocket, turn on camera, point camera in general direction of photogenic scene and hit shutter button {repeat}

Last edited:
Welcome back Duke!! I'm sure you'll remember this trip for a long, long time!
Looks like the two of you had a great time and great riding weather too, looking forward to the pics and ride report.

A Very Crude, picture video I hurried together. Between Graeme and I there are almost 3 thousand pictures and hand full of videos taken. As I get my self organized I will put together a proper ride report, well I am sure that Graeme is working on it already!

Watch the video in HD High Quality Here

Some random Pictures.... From the Nikon D90.

538894568_bHXWK-L.jpg

538928109_zNUBs-L.jpg

538927818_3qA6K-L.jpg

538928500_9R3Ry-L.jpg

538928036_DfEH7-L.jpg

Last edited:
Back