• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cloudcroft 2009

Jbay

Reaction score
DSC_0002.jpg

ready to go, i'm bringing the Nikon D50 and will try to get some nice photos :sun:

I helped the Austin group load up last night. Hope you guys have a good time.

This is a great DS area

but take a gps or know which way the sun sets

T251 Lucas Canyon off Russia Canyon runs down to FS223 Dark Canyon Rd which going east turns into forest where I dropped the pig and dropped it a few more times picking it up and turning it around

now getting dark and rainy figure out to go WEST

there are tons of trails off Fs223 some mighty fine doolsesporting

not sure how to post iPhone photos ?

I think you can post as attachments, but am not sure. I'll test from my ipod touch.

Think iPhone uses email to photobucket

got Matt out today by FS 223 and T5700 which is an old logging road covered in grass

then we tried T5005 which was a tight rutted rooted trail which we had to turn around on, no easy task

Torch ran the Rim trail today and Almogordo tommorow, I may spend a day just wandering

Alright, pictures. I was jealous when I was over at Clayton's watching/helping folks load up. Wished I could be going, but having just got back from a riding vacation I couldn't turn around and leave.

photo-1.jpg

just a bridge

I notice the first 20 feet or so of the planking is gone in the foreground. I guess that is to keep folks from trying to use the bridge? That would be a scary crossing...:shock:

Where is this? Lucas canyon,Russia canyon? sorry if I missed it. SZ.

im sure they got sick of KLRs on the bridge and took the end off

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

we spent a lot of time on FS223, saw Mark and son from Torch, could hear the 2 stroke a long ways away

we scouted the Rim trail but it was not for us, West side is a county road that runs parallel to the rim trail and is a good scenic DS run, Burleson ridge is a crazy road that run along the top of some of the photos to a group of antennas that overlook Alamorgodo

DSC_0335.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0339.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0356.jpg

off FS 164 Rio Pensaco was Willie White T113, Wills Canyon T 5008 & 9278

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

lots of rocks but double track is more forgiving, ran up T5007 to the Benson trails back to FS 223 Benson Ridge then T251 Lucas Canyon to Russia Canyon

Lucas was tough going at the end of the day and lugging the 650 in first gear, somehow wound up with my leg stuck under the BRP for like five minutes, after picking it up 2 hikers came by, saw them again on the highway at a stop sign in their car, I think they were relieved as I was that we met again, NM 6563 is one of those twisty roads that makes you glad you have a plated bike

DSC_0049.jpg

hmmm well vacation is over back to work:tears:

Wow! It looks totally different with no snow on it. That is beautiful country. Thanks for posting.

hmmm permit me to add a few more...

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

just reminiscing on a rainy weekend

Great report. I spent all weekend trying to talk the wife into getting dirt bikes. I think I'm finally wearing her down.

Back