• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Last minute ride to Hico.

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Collins
Mark(igo-wfo) led Jeff(bung), Wade(not a member but he showed up to the Buck-N-Loon's meet) and myself on an imromptu ride today. We met up in Cresson at about 9AM then blasted our way on some convoluted route to Cranfill's Gap where I took some pictures of the miscreants and their machines. We then scooted back up from whence we had come to catch 6 and roll out to the Koffee Kup. Mark would have to explain the route to you, I'm still learning the roads. It was a good ride and I learned several things today.

1. The Z1000 tops out around 150 and is somewhat spooky.
2. Wade's ZX-10R does not top out at 150 or anywhere near 150 for that matter. :eek:
3. After spending some time on Wade's machine, I have determined that he is a contortionist. That is the only way to explain how his 6'4" frame fits on it.
4. I am never allowed to own a ZX-10R......way too easy to get in trouble with that much power and that razor sharp handling. :D
5. The best sounding bike of the day award is going to have to be split between Mark on his Aprilia and Jeff on his Speed Triple. :dude:

Aside from being on a bike with no wind protection getting buffeted to death for a few hundred miles it was a really great day. Almost forgot, some tall skinny squid on a bright green bike busted out a nice long standup wheelie in the middle of nowhere. :eek:

The miscreants and their machines: Wade covering his face, Jeff looking at ya, and Mark(the italian banana) looking away.
DSCF0391.jpg

DSCF0389.jpg

DSCF0390.jpg

DSCF0392.jpg

DSCF0393.jpg

Lunch stop. The Chicken Fried Steak sandwich and Caramel Meringue pie come highly recommended.
DSCF0396.jpg

DSCF0394.jpg

Couple of pie eaters parked next to us.
DSCF0395.jpg

A big thanks goes out to Jeff's parents for letting us hooligan's kick back in their weekend "getaway at the lake" house to view the GP today as well.

We'll have to take Kim next time so we can get more pics.....I'm really bad about forgetting that the camera is in the trunk. :p

Last edited:
Good times. Good times.

*ETA*

On the way home I dropped by Cycle Gear in Ft Worth. As I was taking the 820 north to 30 east exit, I noticed that it was grooved. The grooves were so deep that the rear tire was actually leaving the road surface and skipping around.

After leaving CG I was heading east on 30. At the I-30/I-35 interchange there was a black pickup truck STOPPED in the middle lane of the freeway. He had apparently dropped some cargo that consisted of lots of particle board and it was littering the road. The driver was out of the truck and walking in the freeway picking up his stuff.

AWESOME!

Last edited:
bung said:
Good times. Good times.

I'm started to think that's your patented response. Thank your folks for allowing hooligans in their weekend retreat.

bung said:
Good times. Good times.

*ETA*

On the way home I dropped by Cycle Gear in Ft Worth. As I was taking the 820 north to 30 east exit, I noticed that it was grooved. The grooves were so deep that the rear tire was actually leaving the road surface and skipping around.

After leaving CG I was heading east on 30. At the I-30/I-35 interchange there was a black pickup truck STOPPED in the middle lane of the freeway. He had apparently dropped some cargo that consisted of lots of particle board and it was littering the road. The driver was out of the truck and walking in the freeway picking up his stuff.

AWESOME!

I used to take that exit on my way to work, but the grooves kept getting worse and the Pilot Powers have a tendency to track them.

You get a new rear tire while you were there? :p

Yes,tell them thanks from me too for the hosptality. Theywere very kind to let us run them out of their own house to watch the race.

The route was as follows:
From Cresson, south on 171 to Godley, south(right) onto 2331 to FM4, turn east(left) go but a short mile or so, then continue south (right) on 2331 to US 67. East (left) on 67 to Park Road 21. South(right) on PR 21 past Cleburne state park, the lime plant and turn west (right) on FM 200.

Follow that until it comes to a T and turn right, go about a mile then left on 200 to Nemo, and on to 67 just east of Glen Rose. Go through Glen Rose until you see FM 203, Go South (left) on 203 to Walnut Springs. You run into TX 144 In Walnut Springs from 203, so at the stop sign, go (right) into town.

Through town, go south and just outside of town, go west (right) onto FM927 to Iredell. At Iredell, turn south (left) go about 1/2 mile and in town see a sign for 1238. Turn right, and go about a mile or less to intersection with TX 6. go straight across on 1238 (south) for about 12 miles and 1238 joins FM 219 for about 5 miles into Cranfills Gap.
This used to be our gas stop, but the Shell station has been closed down for quite some time, so do not be on fumes at this point or you could be walking back to Walnut Springs, Hamilton, or Clifton to get gas, (unless you could talk the locals out of some..)

Back North on 219/1238 to Tx 6, turn west (left) 10 miles to Hico and PIE!
Good lunch too..
From there, North on Tx 220 to FM 2481, left on 2481, cross US 67 and continue north to FM 205. East (right) onto 205 to FM 56. North (left) on FM 56 to FM 51, north (left) on 51 to Granbury. Right on TX 144, cross over 377 and turn left to get down on 377 going north. We chose to go the direct route back from there, 377 to 1187 and back to Burlyville.
From cresson, this loop was almost 200 miles to the mile, (and 1 case of monkey butt for john).
Time was about 9:30 when we left, And we got back home about 4:00, including an hour or so to watch the MotoGP race, eat lunch, and a couple quick stops as well.

I had a very good time riding with ya'll. :cool:

bung said:

AWESOME!

Probably prevoiusly known as his entertainment center... :D

Man, when I see people hauling household good down the freeway, I'm OUTTA THERE..

Recliners, mattresses secured with twine, table & chairs.. down a gear or two.... BUH-WAHHHHHH!!! I'm not into the "mad max" dodging things on the freeway thing.

Back