• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas Fall Colrs Ride - LSBMW Meet

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
James
AFCR Day 1 - Rain and more rain

689497193_WbYnJ-M.jpg

689502132_TvQww-M.jpg

689499983_tuzkh-M.jpg

689509558_ZmWNf-M.jpg

Read the report on my blog. I am tired and wet and too lazy to repost all of it here.. Sorry bout that.
http://www.motoadrenaline.net

AFCR: Day 2 - Chilly Riding on Great Roads.

Well as most of you can tell, the experiment of writing everyday after riding did not work out too well. I just got way to tired from riding and besides, drinking beer and hanging out after a ride is always a great time. So here is the rest of the ride report.

I did find some other pictures we took last night, so I have added them here. Thanks to Vern for the pictures.

693678751_jACvV-M.jpg

Jennifer and Jamie hanging out at the Rocking pig

693678855_EsUs6-M.jpg

Day Two started out a lot like day one. It was drizzling out and looked really overcast. Oh yeah it was also cold as heck. I saw 42 on the weather channel, while getting dressed. We decided to sleep in some and meet for breakfast around 8AM. We had a nice slow breakfast, I think everyone was hoping it would warm up some. We finally got geared up and hit the road around 10AM. It was warmer.. I think it was 46 when we left. the good news was the drizzle had stopped.

690362601_yKdav-M.jpg

getting the Connie wiped down and ready to go.

692530903_V5FSQ-M.jpg

It was a chilly day, that stayed overcast. We did some great roads. We hit 74, 16, 123 and many more. We put a good 290 miles on the bike.

692531305_HzWn2-M.jpg

692531521_RWEfa-M.jpg

The gang hanging out behind us. Jamie taking great pics from the back seat.

692531747_FVsvS-M.jpg

The colors were awesome. We had a great time. The roads were a little damp so you could only go at it around 80%, but it was still a good time. The bad news was my tires did not do very well today. I had, or I thought I had... a good 2000 miles left on the tires when I left home. The bike is running the stock Bridgestones and when we left the tires only had 2800 miles on them. Well after our ride, the miles stood at 3125 and guess what?? the front tire was toast. Yep.. just toast. the rear was not doing any better. There was no way that I could do Push mountain tomorrow and ride home on these tires. I would have to go into Harrison and get new rubber before the next days ride. I was a little ticked off.. 3125 miles and I needed a new set of tires.. **** I don't ride that hard...

692532516_RtbUs-L.jpg

After taking a shower and trying to cool off from being mad about the tires, we headed over for a nice Italian dinner. We had a great night with friends, topped off with peach cobbler. We are a bunch of party animals as I think I was asleep and dreaming of push mountain by 9:30PM..

AFCR: Day 3 - New Tires, Push Mountain and good Friends.

I could not sleep past 6AM. I was getting things together in my head on how the day would go. I was going to bundle up. It was cold 40 degrees. My plan was to head to Harrison Arkansas, to the Yamaha dealership. Richard had a tire issue a couple of month prior and they took care of him, so I was hoping they could bail me out as well. I got up and started over to Harrison at 7:30. The shop opened at 8:30 and I wanted to be there as they opened. Vern, Shelly and Jamie followed behind in the car . they wanted to make sure that nothing happened on the way over. Jamie had her gear in the car as the guys were going to alter their plans so that I could make the ride to Push Mountain with them. They would be in Harrison around 10AM. I was hoping to have new tires installed by then.

692567396_tPMYN-M.jpg

Yamaha of Harrison, good folks.

I got there around 8:15AM. The staff showed up around that time as well. they were very helpful. I wanted to put on Michelin Pilot Road 2's on the bike, but they did not have them, so I decided on the Pilot Power 2 CT's. I know that they will not last long, but I was sure they would stick. hehe. So $495 and an hour and a half later I had two new tires. The guys all showed up around 10 and we were headed for push mountain by 10:30. One of the reasons I love riding with this group, is the fact that they would start their day late, so that Jamie and I could ride with them. I love these guys and they make these trips so much fun.

693365081_sXszT-M.jpg

Richard doing some story telling.

693365605_paNFy-M.jpg

The new tires are here.. the new tires are here

692532735_G7xQX-M.jpg

692533001_SNfnd-M.jpg

The weather was AWESOME! The sun was out, the temps were good and the roads of Northern Arkansas were calling. We headed over to do the wonderful route that is Push Mountain. I have to say that it is one of my favorites roads to ride. You can see some of the pictures taken by; Push Mountain Pics (we are pictures 281 - 285)

692534889_e6W4n-M.jpg

Pretty flowers

692535447_WhCKo-M.jpg

692535447_WhCKo-M.jpg

692537916_879qN-M.jpg

692538142_n9NCs-M.jpg

Here are a couple of videos from Push Mountain. They are from the camera so the quality is not the best. One more thing! TURN DOWN THE VOLUME BEFORE CLICKING ON THE MOVIES! You have been warned.

692544567_f8MNN-M.jpg

692539690_mZQNh-M.jpg

We stopped and ate at Cody's after doing Push. What a nice little place. We chatted some and then headed off to do 14 and make a loop back to the hotel. Tonight was the big BMW dinner and we wanted to get back in time to attend. The days riding was wonderful! The Pilot Powers are fabulous! They stuck like glue. We got back to the room around 4:30. This gave us plenty of time to make the dinner.

692540957_nTch4-M.jpg

Pet deer.. really??

692541883_Gmjjb-M.jpg

692541615_i8Rdp-M.jpg

Jerry & Jamie

692541416_2baB7-M.jpg

Jennifer and Richard

Today's ride was awesome. great weather, great roads and good friends.. It was a perfect day. We sure had fun.

692575578_HifSE-M.jpg

692567138_2reRX-M.jpg

692563926_MTZq9-M.jpg

The gang - Herman, Jamie, Jennifer, Richard, Jim and Rob

692562946_sEDEG-M.jpg

692561858_rPmbt-M.jpg

The Lone Star BMW Riders had a dinner get together at the Pied Piper in down town Eureka Springs. The food was decent, but the company was better. There was a damper on the evening as word spread that the president of the club, Tom Oliver had an encounter with a deer strike.. YIKES! We would find out later that Tom has a broken leg and will be out of commission for a little while. we wish Tom a speedy recovery. The mood was a little somber, but the evening was still fun as we all know, that Tom would have wanted it that way. We finished the night with some peach cobbler and ice cream. Not a bad way to spend the day.

692577179_JdDD8-M.jpg

Travis and Krista

693679114_qeVZ6-M.jpg

Yes Jennifer and Richard again.. Rob face booking in the back ground

692579370_Wr35v-M.jpg

You can read more about the evening on http://motoblog.richardswim.com/. Richard is the master of taking road pictures. You can see his great shots here. http://picasaweb.google.com/rlswim/LSBMWRAutumnColorsRideEurekaSprings#

Back