• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brazos River crossing

Wasabi

Reaction score
I road tested my first GPS route using just the mapsource to create the waypoints. I wanted to explore the Palo Pinto area ( Aprox 50 miles North west of Fort Worth Texas.). Just took the advice of the Mapmeister, (Tourmeister Scott) , and used squiggly roads and tried to connect them in a circle. It worked well except two roads were gated private property. Several were a combination dirt / gravel/ mud / and one was a river crossing.

I did not know that there were wild pigs in the area. Also did not know that they had no hesitation in running across the road in single file, all eight of them, right in front of me. I now know these things. I also know I can panic stop at about 40 miles and hour on gravel and slide sideways for what it seemed like forever without falling.

I crossed the Brazos River as part of the route. Got my boots wet again. They still weren’t dry from North Carolina trip in August. I was lucky that a guy was on the other side of the river. I asked him how deep it was and he indicated was knee deep. I did not have my knobbies or skid plate on so I was a little hesitant. I was hoping the river bottom had just small rocks. It didn’t have small rocks. I made it across, but it was not pretty.

It was a good day to ride.

For those needing to get your boots wet. From 180 east of Palo Pinto take the Pleasant Valley road south.
43361999-M.jpg

Looking across to other side

43362009-S.jpg

Looking at the part I crossed

43362002-S.jpg

Last edited:
:tab Geez, As much as you like playing in the water I think perhaps we need to just get you a jetski :-P Looks like you had fun!

letsride said:
Cool pics, was the truck guy fishing?

No he was drinking. :-D

43425307-L.jpg

When I first drove up to the river bank he was asleep in his chair. After I got across to the other side I could see several six packs of empty beer bottles. Nice guy , gave me a thumbs up after I got across. I thanked him for the info about the water depth and I headed down the road.

Last edited:
Didn't see this 'till just now. Looks like an awesome day of riding!

Good on ya Bill! :bigokay:

Back