• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run Report - Sam's in Fairfield

Reaction score
The weather looked doubtful last night and early this morning, but it really turned out to be a great day! The wind was "interesting" a few times but I will take wind over rain any day. :thumb:

My roundtrip was around 250 miles and mostly highway as there aren't alot of options from the Denton area and I had to be back at a decent time. But it was still great to be out on the bike on a pretty day.

Most of the folks started rolling in around 11

c6a51626.jpg

It looked like a pretty good turnout today

d045f20a.jpg

bf540a20.jpg

Lots of cool bikes today

c3728c5d.jpg

91394ad3.jpg

d4b7c18d.jpg

1346c5bc.jpg

55766439.jpg

567452cc.jpg

825cdc74.jpg

bc51cc7f.jpg

I am kinda partial to this one :)

ff04dc04.jpg

I had a great lunch with Brian and Allen and the staff at Sam's was as awesome as always. Look forward to the next one.

- Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great day for a ride, and as always to eat at Sam's. Thanks to JackInTexas for an excellent after dinner ride, I clocked 350 miles of fragrant flowers, twisty back roads, and beautiful scenery. :sun:

It was so very wonderful to get out and ride today! Went to Fairfield with the crew out of Bedford and Cleburne on a sweet route where we got to ride around fallen trees and take on some curves. Thanks to Dano for leading!

I rode back with a group of Burg People and a Bandit. I didn't care if the wind blew, I was smiling!!! Thanks guys for letting me join you.

It was so nice to see old friends and meet some new ones.:mrgreen:

Back home after 157 mile on the way down, 168 on the way back. More uphill, I guess.

Debbie, Phil, Jack thanks for sharing lunch with me.

One observation after two months of data gathering .

Pie runs cause windy conditions.

See you all at the all Strom RTE.

My scooter and I got to ride home on a big flatbed truck. My belt shredded when I was thirty miles from home. Thanks to AMA road assistance the trip was totally covered. And a big thanks to Mike for waiting with me until the truck came

Dang-sorry to hear that. It was great to meet you and learn that secret handshake. ;-)

Good to know AMA came to the rescue as I have their coverage yet haven't used it yet.

Glenn
My scooter and I got to ride home on a big flatbed truck. My belt shredded when I was thirty miles from home. Thanks to AMA road assistance the trip was totally covered. And a big thanks to Mike for waiting with me until the truck came

Re: Pie Run IV: April Showers/Flowers at Sam's in Fairfield 4/24

Great ride today...Nice to meet fellow two-wheelers along with the DFW Burgman bunch. Looking forward to Amarillo!

I'm home after 402 miles for a great hamburger steak and chocolate pie. Not sure how well this will work, but I tried to make Chuck proud with some pixel snapping of the days activities.

Today's destination:
847123450_ZAUVh-XL.jpg

Some folks like to squeeze every last mile from their tires:
847123122_6EHDr-XL.jpg

847123833_GYr2e-XL.jpg

847123264_fZFia-XL.jpg

847123610_mh6Eb-XL.jpg

847123947_DeKSB-XL.jpg

847124088_FsvNn-XL.jpg

847124212_L4tXY-XL.jpg

847124335_gyaNg-XL.jpg

847124465_Qexje-XL.jpg

847124608_qcF42-XL.jpg

847124785_6yWDw-XL.jpg

847124899_4ojqp-XL.jpg

847124997_dtgyV-XL.jpg

847125101_VoLhu-XL.jpg

847125210_cYeYh-XL.jpg

847125332_HDHaN-XL.jpg

847125460_7wDcs-XL.jpg

847125568_7D3uj-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Those are cool pictures, Scott. Now go back and put screen names on all of them so we know who they are.

;)

Makes me wonder, if you'd come back with us it might not have happened :lol2:

Kidding of course. I'm glad it worked out that well. It makes me feel good about jumping ship from AAA to AMA. I did that when AAA couldn't find anyone who could put gas in a motorcycle :doh:Wonder if they have problems with emptying boots?

I had no pie and didn't take a pic of my strawberries (absolutely PERFECT ones, btw).

I got a text from Jack "jackntexas" this morning saying that our ride was on. :sun: Along w/ Jack, I met up with Phillip "Pkiser", James Cain & Dave from Huntsville (not sure about his user name) and we headed out around 9:10. We did a nice loop and arrived about 2 hours later. It turned out to be a great day but once in Fairfield I realized why I should always take my allergy meds. :doh: Thank goodness the gift shop had some. It was nice to meet some new people & also see some familiar faces.:mrgreen:

After lunch Jack, James & I headed out for some more great riding. Jack got the "Squeaky u-turn" out of the way quickly at the Fairfield Reservior. :rofl: James got separated for a moment while day dreaming :zen: but I know that we both enjoyed the roads that Jack chose. :rider: Thank you Jack :thumb: for leading the way. I logged in about 310 miles and can't believe I didn't take a single :photo:

Here are my pics. Blueburg (Bill), SA Strom (Brian), bmcdonau (Dennis), DBL (David) and Carl (screen name unknown) rode to Fairfield from San Antonio and Austin. We met up in Rockdale and rode up 77 and 79. A good time was had by all.

Picture077.jpg

Picture078.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Picture081.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Picture083.jpg

Picture084.jpg

Picture085.jpg

Picture086.jpg

Picture087.jpg

Picture088.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Picture090.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Picture094.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Picture096.jpg

Picture097.jpg

Picture098.jpg

Picture099.jpg

Picture100.jpg

Picture101.jpg

Picture102.jpg

Picture103.jpg

I had a great time riding down from DFW with the Burgman group along with Rasz on her Z9 and Jasen on his Bandit. 337 miles by the time I got back home. I did remember to take a picture of my pie this time but I couldn't decide on what to get so I had both apple and pecan:

HPIM0963.jpg

Those are cool pictures, Scott. Now go back and put screen names on all of them so we know who they are.

;)

Here's some, from the top

7 SA Strom, Brian

8 bmcdonau, dennis

9 Blueburg, Bill

10 DBL, David

11 Carl

Back