• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Side cars and side roads: Cushing gathering

ed29

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Hegarty
I don't think Hardy will mind me starting the ride report on the sidecar gathering. All are welcome to post their pictures and observations here by the way.

I got an early start, just before 5:00AM. My first goal for the day was to make my first gas stop off of I-45 in good time to meet up with Hardy. Mission accomplished slabbing the WR down I-45. Linked up with Hardy and Walter and we headed to Moosehead Cafe in Crockett. As we pulled in I saw that I had covered 200 miles before breakfast. Good start for a day of touring on a 250 DS machine. I have no idea why I did not pull the camera out and shoot some shots in Crockett. Just plain fergot!

As we rolled into Cushing we were among the early arrivals. We parked the bikes and the two hacks in the lot across from the 7th Street Restaurant. A couple of rigs were already in front of the place.

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

Here is J.R.'s BMW with a 2+2 sidecar.

IMG_0611.jpg

Massive!

More folks trickled in on cool bikes and cool rigs.

IMG_0616.jpg

Scooters anyone??? Any scooter riders looking??

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

This little mop was 'guarding' one of the rigs. The price of admission to see it up close was a kind word and a scratch behind the ears.

IMG_0621.jpg

After a wonderful lunch and some good conversation talk turned to the afternoon ride. Maps came out, and plans were made.

IMG_0635.jpg

And more visiting before saddling up.

IMG_0637.jpg

Lets ride!

IMG_0646.jpg

I split off from the group at Rusk and went my own way. Of course I had to find some dirt!

IMG_0647.jpg

And some water.

IMG_0649.jpg

and some veggies still growing.

IMG_0651.jpg

Home stretch of a good day's ride.

IMG_0658-1.jpg

My trip stats for the day.

IMG_0659-1.jpg

What a good way to spend a Saturday!

Awesome pics Ed. The sidecar attached to the BMW cruiser is sweet. The lines are perfect!

You are right! That is one nice rig. Hardy had it built by Perry in Fort Worth. Well done machine!

Thanks for the picts Ed . I found a few miles of sandy dirt roads on the way to Crockett so I had my fix for the day . That area might need some more through investigating , some of those side roads on the way to Rusk were looking very tempting . If Al had been on his DS bike we would have had a majority and could have told the rest to follow along . I had 399 miles when I got home . Not too bad for a hot day ride . It was a very intresting mix of side cars there , always worth the ride to see . SEYA

I saw Hardy's rig at the pie run in Hico last year, I think. Very, very nice.

Thanks for the pics, Ed.

I had my camera in my pocket & managed to turn the light setting on the leans so all my pictures came out blurred.:doh:

Thanks for posting the pics. Good workout for your 250. Enjoyed the ride meeting you and your Texas gang at Cushing, TX. My ride total was about half of yours.

Don't suppose one of the attendee's was filling up on the west side Palestine on 79 at about 8:45/9ish?

You waved to a couple BACA riders as we were headed east toward the loop. I was on the Black Shadow riding lead.

I thought I recognized the bike from some posts here but could be mistaken. I had somewhere to be or would have looped back to meet you.

Thanks,

Maverick

Back