• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run V: Medina, 5/29

Just walked in. Nice weekend for a pie run.

P1110150.jpg

Only 669 miles on the GPS for me. I had great plans to show Susan the "Roller Coaster" that is 335 plus pick up a few more courthouses ... but ... (I dint feel 100% - musta been a touch of bubonic plague or sumpin).

---

Susan (tortuga) and I met with Leon (focus frenzy) and Dave (Dahveed) in Cleburne at about 9:20. Yeah, we were late. :oops:

We took the straight route to Hico and Hamilton and then veered off west for San Saba. I did get a photo of my ride-mates there:

dfw_crew_8016q.JPG

that's Dave (Dahveed) on KLR650, Leon (focus frenzy) on SV1000, and Susan (tortuga) on Piaggio MP3-500.

dfw_crew_8017q.JPG

She probably will skewer me for posting a photo with messed-up hair. :doh:

susan_8025q.JPG

Also visited Brady and had lunch here:

bbq-brady_8033q.JPG

Finally wound up at the Days Inn in Kerrville. The whole area was booked for the holiday weekend. Lots of bikes around.

There was also a brand new family of barn swallows (Leon knew what they were) and it was fun watching the parents and the 3 fledgelings.

birds_8119q.JPG

working on more pictures...

Hey Jack, how did you manage to reset your max speed right before you got home? :trust:

We're loaded up and heading out as I type this. We've got a good 4-5 hours to go, but we're thinking we'll be in prime 'Q country by lunch time. :eat:

Susan and I were the first to arrive (early :eek2: ) & I planned to take phots of folks riding in.

and ... I forgot to string up the TWT banner (it was in my topcase) :doh:

Here is where we were:

d70_8039q.JPG

Didn't take long before groups starting rolling in:

arrivals_8040q.JPG

arrivals_8041q.JPG

arrivals_8042q.JPG

arrivals_8043q.JPG

arrivals_8044q.JPG

arrivals_8045q.JPG

arrivals_8046q.JPG

arrivals_8047q.JPG

arrivals_8049q.JPG

Hey! They won't let me in!

arrivals_8050q.JPG

arrivals_8051q.JPG

arrivals_8052q.JPG

Yep, it's our bunch... :roll:

arrivals_8053q.JPG

arrivals_8054q.JPG

arrivals_8055q.JPG

arrivals_8056q.JPG

arrivals_8057q.JPG

arrivals_8058q.JPG

arrivals_8059q.JPG

arrivals_8060q.JPG

arrivals_8061q.JPG

arrivals_8062q.JPG

arrivals_8063q.JPG

arrivals_8064q.JPG

arrivals_8066q.JPG

arrivals_8067q.JPG

arrivals_8068q.JPG

arrivals_8069q.JPG

arrivals_8070q.JPG

arrivals_8071q.JPG

---

Now, some of these may not have been with TWT but I think I filtered out those, maybe :ponder:

Now, you have to admit - there is a lot of color variety amongst our group, not to mention the wide variety of bikes. :thumb:

---

more to come...

arrivals_8093q.JPG

arrivals_8094q.JPG

arrivals_8095q.JPG

arrivals_8096q.JPG

arrivals_8097q.JPG

I guess nobody told him this was "DayGlo-jacket-only" parking...

arrivals_8098q.JPG

arrivals_8099q.JPG

arrivals_8100q.JPG

arrivals_8101q.JPG

arrivals_8102q.JPG

missed from earlier:

d70_8048q.JPG

---

Jared (jaredkuper) snuck in & I missed getting a picture of him. He is a good friend of my older son.

arrivals_8103q.JPG

Jared's Dad just got a VTX (lull in motorcycling to raise kids) and was riding down from DFW to meet Jared in Austin.

more arrivals:

arrivals_8104q.JPG

arrivals_8105q.JPG

arrivals_8106q.JPG

Two father-daughter teams from south Texas:

arrivals_8107q.JPG

arrivals_8108q.JPG

Sean (SeanFromTX) also brought his daughter from DFW.

:thumb: for these three teams!

---

Several of us visited the museum north of Vanderpool. Lots of cool stuff.

I remember a friend talking about having one of these ages ago:

d70_8113q.JPG

---

that's it for me. :zen:

Chuck, my group was an assortment of TWT-TSBA & ZRXOA some like me
members of all three others of just one or two of the groups

Susan and I were the first to arrive ....

Not quite. :trust: Paige and I showed up at 3:01 on Friday - right after they closed the grill. Oh, well, I still got apple ice cream which is what I was craving. We didn't get to see any of y'all but we missed the lines.

885429824_8uEpq-M.jpg

rolled back in the drive at 1pm with 843.7 miles on the trip meter.
I need a bigger bike, I just didn't have enough room on the SV to get one of those trees to fit for the return trip.:rider:

may2010medina024.jpg

may2010medina028.jpg

cover the kids eyes naked Italian super model!
may2010medina025.jpg

the pie masters better half's (Suzan) ride drew people in like a bug on a headlight where ever we stopped.
may2010medina009.jpg

#1 question "how does it steer?" (just like a regular scooter/bike)

my friend Billy's very customized 85 Suzuki GS700E, this bike was built for the hills.
may2010medina019.jpg

Leon, Whose green ZRX is hiding behind that sexy naked Italian model? I gotta find out about that storage unit on the rear of the seat.

That is Dan from San Antonio a friend of mine and fellow ZRXOA member
that is a Corbin Smuggler unit and I dont think Corbin makes them any
longer

The better deal is the Ohlins front forks and rear shocks on that bike

Repost from me:

All I have to say is WOW! Best ride I have ever been on. Period. 2 things that stand out for me: Looking ahead on the part from Blanco to Medina where I see a long line of bikes twisting ahead of me and going through water and over hills and the part from Medina to Kerrville behind Greeneggsandham hauling *** on an enduro bike. Fabulous ride.

Thanks for everyone who planned and organized this.

Collin

Well, I should say "First on Saturday!". ;-)

Sorry we missed you. I believe that you and Paige made it the last time (2007).

We did....it was our very first Pie Run, IIRC. This year, we camped Friday night at Lost Maples and really wnted to make the Medina Pie Run but we wouldn't have made it to Davis Mountains in a timely fashion so we went early to make sure everything was ready for y'all.....all seemed in order when we left....

We went--just not arriving the same time as everyone else due to a glitch in communication on the highway--Dale tends to signal one half second before he turns, this time it was on I-10, and I had no way at all to follow--then there was that circle around San Antonio-and circle again, and again. We did make it though, then went to Leakey to camp, and coming back, stopped all over the place (on purpose). One of the best stops was the CAF in San Marcos. I LOVE old planes!! and the guy was more than kind in letting us have free reign at the hangar. The hangar itself is a marvel to me, and I am so sad to find out that it is one of the very few in existence of its' type. We were invited into the kitchen to have an on road snack with the fellow at the hangar- he took me out again to the planes to show me specific details of several of the planes- how they were often constructed of cotton fabric alongside the aluminum. We were there a few hours, then went on. In total, after leavin Dale in April sound, I put over 820 miles on my bike...not bad. I did feel like flinging my helmet into the trash, though--inexpensive helmets are cheap in comfort.
Oh yes!! forgot to say--We did see Mike's (Big Mike) nephew --favorite nephew we were told-- at the pie place. Small world.

Attachments

• P5300471.jpg
    P5300471.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 147
  • P5300486.jpg
    P5300486.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 171
  • P5290409.jpg
    P5290409.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 161
  • P5290417.jpg
    P5290417.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 142
  • P5290414.jpg
    P5290414.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 146
Rusty said he ordered his 1200GS with a reverse gear and is not sure what happened

IMG_0240.jpg

:duck:

Great riding with the S.A. guys up to Medina. Sorry I bugged out early but duty called back home. Until next time . . .

Rusty said he ordered his 1200GS with a reverse gear and is not sure what happened

:duck:

.....something about his kickstand on the left, leaning left and that BIG dropoff to the left comes to mind. :lol2:

I'll prolly get chastised, but I let my girl pilot the big GSA for about 10 miles early Satuday morning. Here's a few seconds of a proud dad.

Back