• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Epic Ride, Arkansas 2010

Echoing what has already been said, another great time was had by all. It was good to see all the folks I've met on past rides, and good to meet new ones as well. Speaking of new friends, I sure hope Scott got video of Edwin riding Clarks' bucking bronco. :rofl::eek2: :lol2:

Here is our path from Sunday afternoon in dark yellow. The blue track is from Saturday when we turned around as it was too late to continue as slowly as we were progressing. Stingrays path from the east on Sunday afternoon is shown in red.
Sunday it took Izz, Subcomm, Outlaw6guy and me an hour and 20 minutes to carry/push four bikes 3/10ths of a mile up the hill between the markers.
When are going we back?
:rider:
999139175_s7j8p-X2.jpg

Hmmmmm,3/10 of a mile you say? That was the longest 3/10 of a mile I've experienced in awhile. I'm ready to go back as soon as you say the word,but the 690 is going to stay on the trailer for that one. Oh and by the way............are the boys ok after I nearly took em off with my rear wheel?:eek2:

Thanks Tourmiester for the photo posting tips. And thanks to MChappy for leading our ride on Sunday through numerous mtn. trails. We enjoyed getting lost with you, great pic's btw. I'm still waiting for wedge1 to post his pic's?:-P

No harm other than the skid marks :eek2:

When I get back there I want to follow Stingrays path from the east and see how to connect to the top of the hill.

Here's a few of my pics from the ride.I got some of Dahveed's lunchtime FIX A FLAT...& of the evening's FAF...with group participation!

Notice the tire "lubricant" being consumed by some to help the process along at the evening tube change.

Sorry,I didn't get a shot of our neighborly host while changing the tube out on 123 near Mt Judea.

Either its somewhat entertaining to watch me and some others change tires or there was little else to do in Clarksville. The morning flat had some spectators with coffee while the evening flat had many spectators with other beverages.

Sunday it took Izz, Subcomm, Outlaw6guy and me an hour and 20 minutes to carry/push four bikes 3/10ths of a mile up the hill between the markers.
When are going we back?
:rider:

You know the going is tough when speed is measured in hours per mile. I calculate this effort was a 4.4 hpm...

Speaking of new friends, I sure hope Scott got video of Edwin riding Clarks' bucking bronco. :rofl::eek2: :lol2:

Well the video is pretty poor quality, especially after Youtube compressed it but it has a few good parts. The first down hill descent starts about 1:20 in.

Well the video is pretty poor quality, especially after Youtube compressed it but it has a few good parts. The first down hill descent starts about 1:20 in.

I'm sure that descent is steeper than it looks on video. photos and videos never capture how tough this stuff really is. :sun: How did you have the camera mounted?

And thanks to MChappy for leading our ride on Sunday through numerous mtn. trails. We enjoyed getting lost with you, great pic's btw. I'm still waiting for wedge1 to post his pic's?:-P[/QUOTE]

I was never really lost I just didn't care where I was going. :trust:

That was great Scott!! I want to go back and do more of that kind of trails.Even the film doesn't really capture how steep and nasty those rocks were:eek2: Lets do it again soon!!!:rider::clap::clap:

This was at our rest after a 1/2 mile dirt road ride...

IMG_0327.jpg

Last edited:
Robert asked me to post these up. I've been helping a friend who's house got flooded this week so I haven't gotten my pictures up to photobucket yet.

Red Brown (Fred) Scoring a sticker at registration.
DSCN0014.jpg

Fully decked out WR250
DSCN0038.jpg

Wait, is that mud? Did this get ridden offroad?
DSCN0039.jpg

That WR250 is on my list of bikes I want to try. They seem to be all the biz.

CDC, we need to find you some knobbies for your FJR if you're going to keep that up. :thumb: :loco:

Awesome video Stingray!!! Can't believe you dragged the MacDaddy through that.

Back