• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Minibike races

Reaction score
First Name
Dennie
Last Name
Spears
I went to the Tmgp races this weekend at a Kart track in Katy. Great racing on a mini scale. There are some highly talented racers on minis. Sprint pictures from Saturday.

9 year old Ryan Cooley on his Kawasaki 110 that also serves as his dirt bike.
PA090431.jpg

Starter Jeff Phillips and the grid
PA090459.jpg

PA090460.jpg

PA090460.jpg

The racing was colse in most of the expert races. This is around lap 4 or 5.
PA090464.jpg

Start of another race. I see 3 XR-100s, and several KLX 110s
PA090476.jpg

An XR100 chasing a 125 TTR.
PA090474.jpg

#6 Ray Holder and his "I'm not touching my knee to the ground going this fast" riding style
PA090484.jpg

My favorite, Chase Barnes being chased by his dad Tim and friend Alan Phillips
PA090517.jpg

I've been wanting to get out there an watch this some time, and maybe some day give it a try. Looks like a hoot!
Great pics BTW :thumb:

Wow. I haven't seen or heard of or from Tim Barnes since 1992. I bought a Honda Pilot (atv/dunebuggy) from him. Good to see him still "kicking it". :mrgreen:

Wow. I haven't seen or heard of or from Tim Barnes since 1992. I bought a Honda Pilot (atv/dunebuggy) from him. Good to see him still "kicking it". :mrgreen:

I know that he won at least 1 class championship this year. His major competition is his son, Mike Rollins, Allan Phillips and Lee and Terry. I don't remember their last names.

Back