• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sealy Pie Run - 2010 = Tony's Family Restaurant

Gilk51

Reaction score
First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
Got in a bit ago. 4 of us DFWers wandered down and met 60+ riders and enthusiasts just off I10 in Sealy, Texas. Weather was terrific.

Add comments, pictures, ride reports here.

506 miles on the GPS for me today...

This was the first pie run that my wife and I have been to, and we had a great time riding there and then visiting with so many people. We now plan on trying to make it to every pie run that we can. Here are a few photos.

1098093599_9fS7G-L.jpg

1098093570_dkwoB-L.jpg

1098093140_j9KNK-L.jpg

1098094096_Zwwkj-L.jpg

1098093887_v8eEC-L.jpg

1098093443_kym5j-L.jpg

So Chuck...500 plus miles on the FJR or the Wee? You do know the Wee will be jealous and start to leak fluids, not start, tires will go flat..etc?

So Chuck...500 plus miles on the FJR or the Wee? You do know the Wee will be jealous and start to leak fluids, not start, tires will go flat..etc?

:lol2: My ride is in GSer's top photo - attached to the banner - now, which is it? One bike is mine & the other belongs to Phil. ;-)

Well that was fun today.... :rider:

Sort of a last minute decision to make it, but I found my way via the fastest route to Sealy. Had lunch with good friends, met some new ones and was just chatting in the parking lot when an opportunity came up I couldn't pass on.... A few of us headed to 'the garage' and feasted our eyes on a fine collection of vintage/collectible bikes. After a great history lesson and some drooling, I blasted back home showing 272 miles on the clock and smiles the whole way.

Here's a few. (sorry for the sub-par pics but all I brought was my P&S today) The entire slideshow is HERE

1098609498_u6Dqm-L.jpg

1098611266_FDJE4-L.jpg

1098613236_EriaK-L.jpg

1098615119_f4Fu6-L.jpg

1098616179_5AuEf-L.jpg

I didn't get very many pictures today, one reason I ran off and left my camera at the house and only had the phone camera available. Second reason will be evident in the photos below.

The Conroe bunch just prior to the last two bikes pulling in...

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4772/img0294g.jpg

A quick run down the road and we meet up with the riders from The Woodlands

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3131/img0295h.jpg

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/7923/img0296wf.jpg

So we took an interesting route from The Woodlands, interesting in the fact the GPS got lost and missed a turn. Yes it was the GPS and not me. The thing kept showing need straight ahead even though it was showing no road and we were riding on a road and then it said we were off road yet we had never turned off the road we were on. Finally it realized it's error and called for a couple left turns to head back to the right road.

I guess we were probably 7 to 10 miles out side Sealy when one of the riders from Conroe went down. I'm not sure who told me they saw John leave the road in a sweeping left hand curve and appear to be slowing down fairly well when they noticed his brake light come on at which time the bike ejected him. John was sliding in the grass to the left and the bike went to the right. Just before John came to a rest he flipped a couple times. Appears he may have a busted shoulder and possible cracked ribs.

Since the saying is no picture, it didn't happen... I'd hate to have John hurting so much for no reason at all so I had to grab this photo.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4231/img0297si.jpg

Everything was going pretty good, he was being cared for by a paramedic that also rides so he did his best to save his gear. But something wasn't right in the ambulance and they called for LifeFlight.

The copter just after it touched down...

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6638/img0298w.jpg

And of course, John's ride out leaving...

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6434/img0300oj.jpg

We were not sure if the bike hit this fence post but do know that John didn't hit it. I couldn't see any signs of the bike hitting it so I suspect it was in the shape before we became familiar with this stretch of road.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/739/img0299b.jpg

For those that know the area, we were just a couple or three turns from the river on what the Trooper called "Racer Road." I cant remember the road number at this time but it was a fun stretch of road to ride. Kinda made up for the GPS error earlier.

I made it into Sealy just as a lot of folks were headed out but did get the chance to talk to a few and have a gang of midget bandits surround me and empty my wallet, but I did get a couple TWT stickers out of the deal. :mrgreen: Didn't get any pie but by this point I wasn't really in a pie mood. Hooked up with a couple of the other Conroe riders and took an easy ride back home.

Rolled into the garage with 197.1 miles for the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sort of a last minute decision to make it, but I found my way via the fastest route to Sealy. Had lunch with good friends, met some new ones and was just chatting in the parking lot when an opportunity came up I couldn't pass on.... A few of us headed to 'the garage' and feasted our eyes on a fine collection of vintage/collectible bikes. After a great history lesson and some drooling, I blasted back home showing 272 miles on the clock and smiles the whole way.

Here's a few. (sorry for the sub-par pics but all I brought was my P&S today) The entire slideshow is

Thanks for sharing the photos. James told me y'all went over there and he tried to describe it over the phone which made it seem like one awesome barn but to now she the photos... :eek2: That was awesome.

have a gang of midget bandits surround me and empty my wallet, but I did get a couple TWT stickers out of the deal.

Squeaky employed the right team to hawk the decals. :sun:

Tony, thanks for watching after the downed rider. There were a couple of people that had signed up (you, for one) that I didn't see at first & figured that they may be at the scene. I wasn't sure which group the rider was with.

Here's a few. (sorry for the sub-par pics but all I brought was my P&S today) The entire slideshow is HERE

Thanks for the pics! Great job! Looks like that place is growing:clap:

It was great to get to a pie run again! Even if it was in the car... I do have some pics but I'll have to post them later as I'm off to shop for Thanksgiving dinner. :eat: Oh, and my apologies for my midget bandit but it was for a good cause! :sun:

This was my first pie run. I met a lot of riders and hopefully I can remember most of their names. It will be a day that I will remember but unfortunately I will also remember how quickly a great ride can change when a rider goes down. I had just met John a few hours earlier and I prey that he will mend and be able to ride again.

Tony tried his best to get us lost but he did manage to get us back on track. I didn't eat any pie but did have a great chicken fried steak. Don and I left shortly after getting stuffed and rode back to Conroe by way of major FM roads. I rode a total of 207 miles for the day.

Thanks to the Conroe bunch for letting us newbies ride with the group.

well bummer, I didn't know we had a rider go down.

for the second month in a row Chuck got a bit close to the wildlife, this time on the return trip. and this time it was a nice white tail buck a bit bigger than that horse like dog from last month.

like myself, my SV just doesn't like mornings, my gas mileage heading down was poor at around 34mpg, but on the return it was back up to the regular 40mpg.

who won the door prize???

eleven down one to go and I will have a full year of pie under my belt! (literally and figuratively)

That buck was a tiny one and seemed to be hung up in the tall grass. This time I saw him soon enough to slow down - he was skittish & I wasn't sure which way he would go.

who won the door prize???

I have cards for 64 people that entered. Nadia Iqbal was the winning pick (thanks to the stirrer, Michael, and picker, Ashley). She is Ali's wife. She wanted to give it back but the two of them can argue over what to get from Cli-Max. Thanks to Terry (TLRam1) at Cli-max Riding Gear for the door prize.

I'll get Nadia, Ali, and Terry linked up so they can claim their prize.

Sounds like a fun time. Do post up the status of the down rider. Might be interesting to display images of the condition of the ride gear after the accident.

My friend and I had a blast in our Transalp's! Thanks Mike for leading the Clear lake group! Can't wait for the next pie run... Cy

The DFW representation was a small but determined group. I met with Hank (vulcanraven) and his friend, Brian, who is visiting from California. Brian was riding Hank's FJR that was recently purchased from Huntsville Jack (JacknTexas). Hank rode his Honda Blackbird.

I am afraid that our route was uninspired but direct - roughly 240 miles one-way. We took the west-side super-slab and met Leon (focus Frenzy) at the rest stop just south of Burleson on I35W.

To make Brian feel at home, we found some thick fog around Waco. Here we took a break at a gas station:

d70_8693q.jpg

Yep, that's my (new to me) maroon/red FJR that I picked up from Ed (ed29) a week ago. This was my first long ride on the bike. I think she's a keeper! :thumb:

Here's Brian

d70_8694cq.jpg

We had a full touring group - 2 FJRs, 1 Blackbird, and a SV-1000

Out of Waco, we took US77 to SH36 and that all the way to Sealy. Starting at 42 or so degrees at my house, the temperature kept climbing to about 75 or so in Sealy. Needless to say, we shed all the jacket liners for the ride home

to be continued...

dang Arizona thread-jackers! :lol2:

Hopefully, Brian and Brenda can make another PR sometime next year. :zen:

Well Erik & I had a long ride to the Sealy ..... a whole 14 miles. It was great seeing my TWT friends & meeting some new riders. :-P The bikes were spread out throughout the parking lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
We rode over from North of Beaumont, Village Mills, around 350 miles round trip, got there early, had some pie before we knew there was a private room set aside for TWT, so we didn't get to meet a lot of Y'all, but it was good ride any way, on the Triumph's, Bonneville,Thruxton, and Street triple R. Will make more of these runs, sure would like to see the barn? who's collection is that, as an EX AHRMA MX'r I sure do like what I see, I like the odd bikes.

Finally made it to my first pie run after being a member of TWT for over a year. It was fun and I'll certainly be back. Managed to turn a trip from Katy to Sealy and back into a 195 mile round trip (did you know the Texas basketball museum is in Carmine ??).

Finally made it to my first pie run after being a member of TWT for over a year. It was fun and I'll certainly be back. Managed to turn a trip from Katy to Sealy and back into a 195 mile round trip (did you know the Texas basketball museum is in Carmine ??).

I did not know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back